Toribash
i think 16mb/s are good enought for a single pc and gaming
but when you have 3-4 pcs i think 32-50mb are perfect
Got any problems or questions about computers or any other tech?Feel free to PM me any time. Lmod for Computer/Mobile Chat
it's not about the download speed when it comes to gaming it's about ping. you can have a really slow download speed and still have a better ping than an internet connection with a high download speed.

what you want to pay attention to is upload speed when you get an internet connection with multiple computers. if you have a 16mbps (not mb/s because that would be insane) download with a 1mbps upload for 4 computers accessing the internet at the same time they're all going to be bogged down no matter how fast your download speed is, you might be able to transfer a file fast but accessing websites will be slower.

having a higher upload helps out because you dont just download data from a website you have to ping the website in order for it to respond which means you have to upload data to it and download from it when accessing those web pages.

same goes for gaming, when gaming you are doing both downloading and uploading so if 3 people are browsing the internet and one person is gaming all on a connection with a poor upload speed the person who's gaming is likely going to have ping issues. however, if you had a faster upload speed it would be better suited for more people because everyone will have more bandwidth to use at the same time thus freeing up the connection.

hope that makes sense.
You don't say?
According to Hughesnet, that's what bandwidth is, how much we're allowed to download per day.

So, either you guys are horribly misinformed or a multi-million dollar company is.
"In computer networking and computer science, bandwidth,[1] network bandwidth,[2] data bandwidth,[3] or digital bandwidth[4][5] is a bit rate measure of available or consumed data communication resources expressed in bits/second or multiples of it (kilobits/s, megabits/s etc.)."

basically it's a measurement of your data speed or throughput
You don't say?
Originally Posted by Yourface View Post
According to Hughesnet, that's what bandwidth is, how much we're allowed to download per day.

So, either you guys are horribly misinformed or a multi-million dollar company is.

Companies often use words 'creatively' to make it easier for lay-people to understand, especially in the computer industry. They often over-simplify concepts and products, because really if you try and understand them then you need to actually study the subject; that is why processors are often completely judged by their number of cores and clock speed, and why graphics cards are judged on frame-rate.

Think of it as the way that you can buy 'lite mayonnaise', even though 'lite' isn't even a word...

No need to try and find someone who is 'horribly misinformed'.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
i agree completely with gorman. it's not that anyone is misinformed its just that they are trying to simplify the terminology. also i know exactly what you mean when you say 'lite mayonnaise' lol i have a container of some in my fridge.
You don't say?
Originally Posted by Yourface View Post
See, now I'm just pissed off because I was lied to.

Also, lite mayonnaise is disgusting.

Haha, nah it's not that you were lied to, they told you the right thing, they just called it the wrong thing ya see. It changes nothing for you :P

also /agree about lite mayo.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."