Toribash
Original Post
Name change list
I think that there should be a list of people who have received name changes. Like the ban list. If people don't want their name to be displayed, they could tell the admin they send the TC too.
You want to know who is this guy - just ask him, thats not a big problem. if he doesnt answer then he probably wants to keep this as a secret

Not supported
Last edited by b45; Oct 16, 2015 at 01:28 PM.
This exists but is staff only, it's got a list of names and who changed them to what etc...

Doubt it will be made public some people change their names for privacy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
Originally Posted by Hisoka View Post
I don't think people who change their name want people to know the previous one,i mean, i changed my name too and i have no problem telling it but i think there is people who'd like to keep it secret.

Not supported ;)

Originally Posted by Neko View Post
This exists but is staff only, it's got a list of names and who changed them to what etc...

Doubt it will be made public some people change their names for privacy.

Originally Posted by b45 View Post
You want to know who is this guy - just ask him, thats not a big problem. if he doesnt answer then he probably wants to keep this as a secret

Not supported

I think you're missing the point here, what the function for this is to find your friend or if you want to do a little backround check on someone if they are trying to enter your clan/org. If we already knew what our friend changed their name to then we wouldn't just be asking everyone who had a name change like you are suggesting.

Originally Posted by MrJingles View Post
Yeah I'd suggest that if the person didn't want his name put on there they could put a blank beside what their name was changed to. This would help keep their anonymity, while is also gives their friends a chance to know that they got a name change.

Seems like a lot of you didn't read my solution if one wanted to stay anonymous, but I'll reiterate it again by quoting it here.
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
I suggest having a section named "Previous Usernames" in public user profiles rather than a whole list.
BAD LUCK
Well I mean the staff already make a "All Staff Past and Present" so I'm sure this is only like a fraction of the effort to keep up because I'd imagine name changes aren't all that common with them being 100k and all.

Firebolty, your idea would be a good feature as well but I think that an official list is much more beneficial if they were looking for a specific person.

or maybe even have logs of name changes if its too much work to do manually, idk.
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
Originally Posted by MrJingles View Post
Firebolty, your idea would be a good feature as well but I think that an official list is much more beneficial if they were looking for a specific person.

I don't mind there being a list, but I see a lot of complaining here about "keeping anonymity" which is why I suggested an alternative.

Why are people wary about having their old username(s) out in the open?
Do people get name changes to start new reputations?
BAD LUCK
I think that's the reason yeah, but still people should be mindful of what they post so they won't regret it later on.

But still I don't really see a down side to this idea, other than people desperate to get a new identity.
I feel they should get a pm that said (do you wish to let other people know your name) other than that
Supported
Originally Posted by Virus View Post
I feel they should get a pm that said (do you wish to let other people know your name) other than that
Supported

I don't want to impose too much work on the admins, so my suggestion is that if they have a problem they can just tell the admin and the new name would remain anonymous.
How about, Not Supported,because a lot of people get name changes to get away from the ties they've had with that name.