Ranking
View Poll Results: What mod(s) should we use for the tournament?
aikidobigdojo, greykido & rb_greykido
0 Votes / 0%
rouxkido
1 Votes / 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

i would to propose that grips also include no grab grips. we could introduce it in the academy after leg reaps as an extension on the grounds that a leg reap/hook follows the same mechanics as arm no grabs.

I would also like to propose that we explain why the forbidden techniques are considered lame. my reasoning is that they are either boring to play against. though that can be counter argued with its part of the game so why not. They also will limit growth if you rely exclusively on them because while they can be powerful moves they are also narrow moves. we could prove this point with counter replays from a few different members of TA. In saying all this we should acknowledge that if a player comes up with these moves by them self it means they are on the right track as long as they don't get stuck there.

We have no breakdown type moves in ground techniques. for example in a hand to hand grab you can prevent a half formed bridge from extending to a full one and make their head dq. we could also fit post denial in ground moves. or perhaps this is all better in the academy till we solidify moves.

Also. No grab aikido where can we fit this in. pros and cons of it. perhaps we can fit it in if we can define more game play styles.
It looks like this:

Screenshot

Also, I think it's sort of redundant to have "tutorial" after every entry since the spoiler is already titled "tutorials".
Last edited by Rouxster; Mar 28, 2018 at 11:59 PM.
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle
This is true. I'll fix it.
-----
Originally Posted by monkeyishi View Post
i would to propose that grips also include no grab grips. we could introduce it in the academy after leg reaps as an extension on the grounds that a leg reap/hook follows the same mechanics as arm no grabs.

I would also like to propose that we explain why the forbidden techniques are considered lame. my reasoning is that they are either boring to play against. though that can be counter argued with its part of the game so why not. They also will limit growth if you rely exclusively on them because while they can be powerful moves they are also narrow moves. we could prove this point with counter replays from a few different members of TA. In saying all this we should acknowledge that if a player comes up with these moves by them self it means they are on the right track as long as they don't get stuck there.

We have no breakdown type moves in ground techniques. for example in a hand to hand grab you can prevent a half formed bridge from extending to a full one and make their head dq. we could also fit post denial in ground moves. or perhaps this is all better in the academy till we solidify moves.

Also. No grab aikido where can we fit this in. pros and cons of it. perhaps we can fit it in if we can define more game play styles.

To be clear you want a grabbing techniques and a no grabbing techniques section in the technique library?

And i agree about having a short description not just for forbidden techniques but at the start of all technique spoilers. And i think we hit the nail on the head with shoveling and related techniques in chit chat a few weeks ago. ill use that.

i don't understand what you mean about a breakdown type move for ground techniques.
-----
Anyone that's handy with gimp i could use a new graphic for control points. Make something that exhibits what's written and draw some lines n captions and shit to make it look scientific.
Last edited by footlox; Mar 29, 2018 at 09:29 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
Should ankle pick and cross pick be categorized as grip techniques instead of leg grab techniques? This is would be because i could get a ankle grab or cross grab and complete the attack w a knee tap or overturn execution. What do you think?
-----

Rate these techniques 1 to 5, 5=elite(most difficult)

Last edited by footlox; Apr 3, 2018 at 07:44 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Toribash Martial Artists
i vote both. Re. the ratings
it would be interesting to see how the two line up.
Re. no grabs.

I think no grabs should be explored in the academy as an after thought for certain moves. For example a no grab single is a natural extension from singles. to start with. then move into exploring it more as a style once players have reached the point where they are stringing things together.

ankle pick and cross pick should stay in leg grabs i think. Grip techniques would be more about how to get there perhaps with open grab when they have your hand. When i think grip techniques i think i lump two main components in it. the hierarchy of grips head and arm > collar arm>inside grabs>hand to hand and playing with the grip mechanics them selves i.e forcing self grabs, surrendering control of a grip to open up a hand.

right so something has gone wrong you've made the throw but they landed in a stable enough position to live but not escape. A closer look into pin pressure essentially.
fixed the display issue with the tutorials' spoilers
Toribash Martial Artists
If you could provide me with specific screenshots/replays that you want me to use for the new graphics, it would really help a lot.
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle
Find a good ouchi Gari replay
Opt hud 0
Take some well angled screenshots with white space for captions
Pick which screenshot is the best.
Open it in ms paint and draw some arrows/labels indicating key control points n forces
Try to use the same scribbly font as the Forces graphics.

Repeat with a good double leg Wrap replay.

no gifs.
-----
Okay so forget about re rating the techniques let's brainstorm ideas for the academy. I have an idea in my head but I want to see what you guys come up with since I always seem to be the one doing the work. I dont mind it but I would like to see more involvement from the members and council especially.
Last edited by footlox; Apr 13, 2018 at 04:36 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Toribash Martial Artists
demo replays needed:
post denial
bridging/tripoding
sode tsurikomi goshi (sleeve lifting hip throw)
Toribash Martial Artists