Toribash
Originally Posted by Membrain View Post
512 x 512 resolution texture. Anything can be changed.

Originally Posted by mariosimm View Post
im in dude

Originally Posted by justanotheracc View Post
Stupinator : I took the old head , added some details and contrast , lowered the face's size , and now it's 512x512.
Maybe if it isn't noticable enough , alot of changes were made , so don't consider this as a pre-made old head. ;)

Originally Posted by dragoblade View Post
what u think now?

i tried adding a bruise effect and dried bloodstains..

ive also give it some shaading

im still working on it though

membrain: eh, more detail, little things, you know? the teeth are a little too perfect, and the beard is very weak.

mariosim: looks a bit stretched, at that, I can only see the front of it...

justanotheracc: I'm really just not interested in the texture, sorry, I want something created just for this request, not something doctored to appear to be new.

dragoblade: closer, maybe if the skin was a bit lighter. then you could add veins, shading under the eyes and whatnot, and in 512x512, it should be easy enough to add in muscles and stuff inside the scratches.

Here's some inspiration for you guys.

http://www.keiththompsonart.com/undead.html

something like this would be amazing. http://www.keiththompsonart.com/pages/lili.html

also, use my paintings if you'de like, to further see my style.

Last edited by Stupinator; Jan 18, 2010 at 03:01 PM.
Former Item Forger
ok im on it

btw

who is winning so far?(top 3 people)
hanz0:Very well done. These annoy me much less than the default smilies we've got right now.
I'm not going to discourage anyone by saying.

right now, everyone's at the same part in my mind.

no one's really gotten down to the core of what I'm wanting yet.

I'm going to do a quick sketch of what I think the scratches/bruising should look like. I don't expect the same thing as I do, but it should be at least a little similar.

ok guys, so basically this is what I want you to observe in this example.

1. shading: as you can see, about 20 minutes worth of shading, creates almost believeable folds, without going into too much detail.
2. unrealistic realism: observe the folds. why do they stick out so far, yet look almost believeable? this part is what makes horror, horror. making the unbelievable, believable.
3. Color: while sticking to a green color, minute changes in color in, and around the wound, makes it appear to be bruised. on different colored skin, I would've gone with a much lighter tone of red, and for darker skin, I would've made it almost black. I also added some blue around the ridges, to increase the effect of the "bruising"

Last edited by Stupinator; Jan 18, 2010 at 03:30 PM.
Former Item Forger
what u think about this one?...ive added a bit of a bony look some more shading and other details..i added some blood again cause i figured..since he is a zombie/Monster he could eat people...aka thats where he gets the blood from....but ive made it look alot better
i tried to make the bones look slightly old and dusty so ye

what u think?
also i added some vains under the eyes
hanz0:Very well done. These annoy me much less than the default smilies we've got right now.
I'm sorry, you're missing what I'm saying by a mile.

try and make something without using outlines. create small details like veins with only shading and color. it'll make a much more believable creature.
Former Item Forger
I'm working on the clown texture as suggested and I will also work on a head based on this image: http://www.keiththompsonart.com/pages/lili.html
I've got to rest and go to work so it will be a little while before I can post anything else.

Any other suggestions?

not really, just try your best! you all have shown great potential and artistic talent.
Former Item Forger

dunno what to add at the back :/just slammed some spit from monster dog there :/
Want to join GATA?Apply here
Free textures
mmm... not liking the front still... it's just not... horror. too sci-fi for my taste.
also: lol, looks like someone came on the back of his head :>
Former Item Forger
aerox didnt u see wat he said?..he said NO COPY PASTE...thats clearly copy paste