Ranking
I'll pick up an iPhone 4 on its next hardware revision.
Pope of BnW[Torigod]Lord of WibblesYouTubeToriblog AdminInterface Artist
(,,゚Д゚) -"Become a fan. DO IT."

Hyperboloids of wondrous Light
Rolling for aye through Space and Time
Harbour those Waves which somehow Might
Play out God's holy pantomime

Also, Gubbin is neat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/10490572.stm

This literally makes NO sense.
Wonder if anyone will buy their "you never had signal, shut up" bullshit coverup? :|
:D
Apple chief executive Steve Jobs said: "Just avoid holding it in that way."
lol

Almost believable to an extent but how aboutthe videos where the calls actually got dropped? That's not due to bad bar calculation. That's either really faulty firmware or hardware.

Another funny line was how they will change the first three bars to be taller to be easier to see. XD

The way I hold my iPhone 3gs would be the grip that kills the signal. So Ima wait this out before upgrading. Then again, I'll be getting a case anyway, although thy may fix the yellow screen issue too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Everybody should just boycott his products for being a hypocritical liar.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
"Apple solves mystery of faulty iPhones
Turns out the problem was not the antenna. A software fix is in the works.

Posted by Charley Blaine on Friday, July 2, 2010 11:33 AM
Apple's iPhone 4 is the most ballyhooed technology product since, well, the iPad, and the company sure was shocked when it received thousands of complaints almost immediately that calls were disconnecting.

The theory of the problem, many users said, was a faulty antenna that failed to work because it's built into the outer skin of the device. If you hold the phone a certain way, the antenna doesn't work.
Not so, Apple said today. How you grip any cell phone can affect the antenna.

The real problem is that the formula the iPhone uses to estimate signal strength "is totally wrong."

Cell phones measure signal strength by bars in the screen. In Apple's case, the bars are in the upper left corner of its screen.

How bad is the formula? Really bad, Apple conceded.

"Our formula, in many instances, mistakenly displays 2 more bars than it should for a given signal strength," the company said in a statement on its Web site today.

And, it mentions almost as an aside, the same problem is in the iPhone 3GS and the iPhone 3G. It doesn't say whether there are problems with the iPad.

How to fix? Apple will use a new signal-strength formula, built by AT&T (T), oft criticized for operating a network that can't handle all the demand from iPhone users.

While the signal strength won't change, the iPhone 4 will give you a more accurate measurement.

The fix will be available in a few weeks and will also be good on the iPhone 3GS and the iPhone 3G.

Apple shares were off 0.6% to $247 this morning. The stock is down nearly 10% since peaking at $274.07 on June 18." taken from msn.com
Last edited by Organ; Jul 2, 2010 at 11:08 PM.
You don't say?
I love my iPhone 4, and I use a bumper, I plan on getting a bulkier case when one is released, I don't really trust the bumper.
Before I had a 3G, and I used an Incase slider case for that.
There really is no problem with cases, and I absolutely love the iPhone 4.
Sometimes I have trouble putting it down sometimes. :/
I got an iPad for graduation, and thats pretty nice too.
Originally Posted by doc View Post
I love my iPhone 4, and I use a bumper, I plan on getting a bulkier case when one is released, I don't really trust the bumper.
Before I had a 3G, and I used an Incase slider case for that.
There really is no problem with cases, and I absolutely love the iPhone 4.
Sometimes I have trouble putting it down sometimes. :/
I got an iPad for graduation, and thats pretty nice too.

Are you a troll or a complete fanboy?

Do you not care they released blatantly faulted hardware, are trying to say it's a software issue and don't even care what people say?
:D
The yellow screen will fix it's self over time (not kidding) Foxxcon said it is simply put out way too quickly and they skip part of the evaporation process, so the chemicals will simply evaporate and the screen should look fine.

As for the antenna, it's not a calculation error, thats a tad silly imo. Anandtech did a full study of the problem and properly measured it, they are the ones to be trusted here IMO

http://www.anandtech.com/show/3794/t...one-4-review/2

That should clear up any misconceptions anyone would have about it.
they're claiming the antenna error is part of their software miscalculations (which might be true for the bars when not holding the phone) but they dont explain in the article how it is when you touch the sides of the phone that you lose all reception... they side stepped that whole issue by bringing up something semi-related to the actual problem but wouldn't actually help because the software as they put it is lying and saying you have MORE bars than you should... (talking about the msn article btw)
Last edited by Organ; Jul 3, 2010 at 01:50 AM.
You don't say?
Originally Posted by Blam View Post
Are you a troll or a complete fanboy?

Do you not care they released blatantly faulted hardware, are trying to say it's a software issue and don't even care what people say?

It doesn't affect me, therefore I could care less.