Ranking
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
Those are hardly famous words. Stupid words, really. Incredibly ignorant words. People who kill themselves have a plethora of reasons. Please stop being so insensitive regarding the topic, as i'm sure the heavily depressed don't appreciate it.

Does that mean they just have to get more depressed? No they should get even with me instead of hopeing for that pity party of theirs to help them. Anyone who waits for pity is lost in my eyes
But in all reality... I think I might be insane...
Originally Posted by Agentmax View Post
Does that mean they just have to get more depressed? No they should get even with me instead of hopeing for that pity party of theirs to help them. Anyone who waits for pity is lost in my eyes

Damn right.

No one should give another pity, even if they are depressed. Instead, teach them to appreciate.

Pity is a useless feeling that, for some odd reason, everyone beckons for.

>don't know what depression is
>i'ma bitch about it anyway

It doesn't work like that. I find your comments on it to be incredibly offensive, please stop, educate yourself on the topic.

Attention whores != depressed people. In fact, i'm fairly sure the vast majority of depressed people aren't going around claiming they are depressed.

Originally Posted by shooter190 View Post
Damn right.

No one should give another pity, even if they are depressed. Instead, teach them to appreciate.

Pity is a useless feeling that, for some odd reason, everyone beckons for.

No one wants to be pitied.

Why are you people all hopping on AgentMax's bandwagon of ignorance?

He is clearly insulting a whole demographic of mentally ill people.
Hoss.
A what mod? What propose would that serve for anyone?
-------
Also i agree with Hyde plenty of people blow things out of proportion, and cry four attention. And even if she didn't have support at the end of the day it was still all her, she was conscious of her actions and followed through.
Last edited by AzureMage; Oct 19, 2012 at 12:40 AM.
Present to me the most beautiful woman, and I shall reward you with chronos

It doesn't work like that. I find your comments on it to be incredibly offensive, please stop, educate yourself on the topic.

Attention whores != depressed people. In fact, i'm fairly sure the vast majority of depressed people aren't going around claiming they are depressed.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question...8042221AANXgCQ

When people want your pity, it's one of the signs that show that they are not confident or insecure.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...7202204AAVsSGf

From the looks of it, it seems some people want pity just to get more respect out of people.

One of these two routes is the route that Amanda Todd took, and considering that information on Amanda Todd's death wasn't ever released, it could have been the latter route and she probably never actually killed herself (Not saying that the chances of her killing herself isn't really high).

And trust me, a lot more people want pity more than you think.

From http://www.experienceproject.com/gro...elf-pity/15702 on self-pity :

"40% of people who have this experience are in their teens, 20% are in their forties, and 20% are in their twenties. 82% of people who have this experience are women."
To shooter... your still a smart person. Why haven't we become friends?

Danny... if that's the case well... Sounds like shit luck tbh. Still other outlets so meh :I

There is always something to do, but they did not do it. I do not feel sorry for something she brought upon herself. I mean I am not saying it is not a tragic event, or that it isn't sad, but it was her own fault and everyone should stop making such a big deal about it.
A hasbeen like the rest
Originally Posted by shooter190 View Post
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question...8042221AANXgCQ

When people want your pity, it's one of the signs that show that they are not confident or insecure.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...7202204AAVsSGf

Both of those links clearly say people do it for attention. Not for pity, but for the attention that it yields. Nobody actually wants pity.

From the looks of it, it seems some people want pity just to get more respect out of people.

One of these two routes is the route that Amanda Todd took, and considering that information on Amanda Todd's death wasn't ever released, it could have been the latter route and she probably never actually killed herself (Not saying that the chances of her killing herself isn't really high).

She killed herself because no one was there for her at all. She obviously had bad parents, and was raised in a bad environment, as, she wouldn't have done what she did otherwise.

And trust me, a lot more people want pity more than you think.

A lot of people want attention. Attention != pity.

From http://www.experienceproject.com/gro...elf-pity/15702 on self-pity :

That simply isn't true.

"40% of people who have this experience are in their teens, 20% are in their forties, and 20% are in their twenties. 82% of people who have this experience are women."

>not a representative sample
>loltotallycorrect

Dem sampling biases.

Hoss.

Don't know what depression is? My aunt almost died durning child birth last year. My great grandma almost died in a accident due to her age. I almost lost two people in the same week. My aunt from my Dad's side died in the same week those things happened. If I would of lost all three I would of be torn apart. When I was 10 the guy who introduced me to the greatest game in the world and I love to play. DIED! I was actually thinking of suicide myself because I thought it was unfair that God would take someone like that from me. Durning the time which I was bullied like no bodies business. If you want to talk about depression think before you speak. I've seen my share of deaths proabably before I should of. I still pushed through. I had little to no support when my Uncle died. So I have no sympathy for those who are "depressed". If I can do why can't they?
But in all reality... I think I might be insane...
Don't know what depression is? My aunt almost died durning child birth last year. My great grandma almost died in a accident due to her age. I almost lost two people in the same week. My aunt from my Dad's side died in the same week those things happened. If I would of lost all three I would of be torn apart. When I was 10 the guy who introduced me to the greatest game in the world and I love to play. DIED! I was actually thinking of suicide myself because I thought it was unfair that God would take someone like that from me. Durning the time which I was bullied like no bodies business. If you want to talk about depression think before you speak. I've seen my share of deaths proabably before I should of. I still pushed through. I had little to no support when my Uncle died. So I have no sympathy for those who are "depressed". If I can do why can't they?

Because you weren't depressed. You were sad and upset, not depressed. Depression is a mental illness, not a feeling you get every now and then when your loved ones die.

You were a little attention whore who didn't get his attention. You do, however, know how bad it feels to simply be sad. Depression is kind of like that, but, it is absolutely crushing in comparison. Your mind works against you when you are depressed and there is little you can do about it.

What you are describing isn't depression.
Take a gander at the wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_depressive_disorder
Hoss.