Ranking
Originally Posted by 4zb41 View Post
Oh my goodness you would not believe how many times I'll pick a card and get a gun/money with the other two being mask items... urgh!

Meanwhile one of my friends pulled in two skull masks in a row, which is a bit concerning considering they're pre-order only items. I think maybe they're still exclusive to pre-orderers, but you can just get more?

No, they aren't pre-order exclusive. They just range from common to uncommon/rare drops that you get straight off the bat. I've found a second military red dot, and it's pretty common excluding the preorders.

And the reason being, say you use your skull mask and make it look like an atrocity. I'm pretty sure you'd want to find another eventually to replace it. And let's say you specifically want a red/black color spec. It seems a bit unfair to make it pre-order exclusive, considering it's one of the most popular color combinations.

Also, I've determine an approximation of drop rates for at least the middle card. It gives disproportionately weapon mods > masks > cash. I'm gonna try the right card, cause observations appear it drops more masks > cash > mods. Left card I haven't paid as much attention to, so I'll be paying attention during right card checks. Also, I'm not sure if picking different cards uses a different card sequence, so I'm going to be checking if card layout approximately matches between center and right picks. If it does, then I can establish a pattern and pick rates, so I can determine which card to pick for masks. If not, then it's a random seed for each card, so I just need to determine the ratios for each card.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
They aren't pre-order exclusive? So, there really wasn't much benefit to the pre-order except for some extra cash to start with then, eh? That kinda sucks.

Also there's two military red-dot scopes, what's the difference between the loot bag one and the standard? Maybe the standard doesn't have the little golden "PAYDAY" logo on the scope cover.
I was playing all night with bishopONE, we usually do one or two jewelry heists in between bigger missions, though to be fair, the hardest mission we ever dabbled in was very hard Four Stores, where we were an inch from winning but fucked up waiting on a drill. Those buff orange dudes might as well be fucking space marines, who decided to release them in bulk? ;_;
DOWN WITH STELLER
Originally Posted by 4zb41 View Post
They aren't pre-order exclusive? So, there really wasn't much benefit to the pre-order except for some extra cash to start with then, eh? That kinda sucks.

Also there's two military red-dot scopes, what's the difference between the loot bag one and the standard? Maybe the standard doesn't have the little golden "PAYDAY" logo on the scope cover.

There's quite a bit of a benefit to getting them ahead of time. The drop rates for masks are pretty darn low, and the odds of getting the skull mask is pretty darn low among masks, same with the red/black color combo. Military scope not so much, but it's still a guaranteed scope, which helps the people who are iron-sight retarded.

@sid And orange buff people? Only person I can even remotely think you're talking about are bulldozers, and I've only seen 2 come at once in overkill.
No, it's the direct upgrade of yellow swat dudes, I might be wrong about their colors, it was all kind of rushed. They felt like a thousand slightly tinier bulldozers and the only thing I had on me was a silenced pistol with not enough bullets
-----
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...male-Criminals

Bunch of DLC slated on the game, first of which is a chick robber. Hoping for a 5th skill tree
Last edited by SidAcc2; Aug 15, 2013 at 08:53 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
DOWN WITH STELLER
I would totally shell out for a female robber, regardless of an additional skill tree or not.

Also, the file I had compiling my loot from center picks got deleted somehow, so I'm starting again on paper. <.< From the looks of it, it's about a 50% chance to get a weapon mod, 25% for cash and mask with the center card. Still fiddling with it, gonna post a more accurate number once I've got 100 cards picked. Cause I'm hella bored when I'm waiting for the cards to flip.

Edit: AH, those orange dudes. Ye, I get the impression that headshots don't always work against them :s Had to deal with a couple during a solo rats run. Luckily, AI are more competent bodyguards than bagmen.
Last edited by Oracle; Aug 16, 2013 at 06:55 PM.

my dude so far

crosskill with the shittier silencer and increased mag. Also marksman sight

UAR with the Professional's Choice, which is an assault scope with very little visibility penalties. Amazing find.

And the vagina mask.
-----
I JUST FINISHED NIGHTCLUB

SOLO

FULL STEALTH

ON NIGHTMARE

oh man my pockets can't handle all this dosh
Last edited by SidAcc2; Aug 17, 2013 at 12:49 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
DOWN WITH STELLER
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Edit: AH, those orange dudes. Ye, I get the impression that headshots don't always work against them :s Had to deal with a couple during a solo rats run. Luckily, AI are more competent bodyguards than bagmen.

Yeah the orange dudes (Super SWAT as I call them) seem to be a bit iffy on the hit detection. Headshots usually won't kill them outright unless you're using something like a point-blank shotgun or the m308 and can actually aim. And then sometimes it won't detect that I'm blasting them in the back. They seem to have very thin hitboxes back there.

I've pretty much resorted to leading them into my tripmines if I get in trouble, or trying to pick them off with my crosskill. I just can't seem to handle them in super-close range.
IMO they're much more of a problem than any special cop as they come in huge swarms of indestructible body armor - especially on Overkill, sometimes as soon as the first wave. At least you can shoot a Bulldozer anywhere...

Originally Posted by SidAcc2 View Post
I JUST FINISHED NIGHTCLUB
SOLO
FULL STEALTH
ON NIGHTMARE

oh man my pockets can't handle all this dosh

Ohohoho good work! If you think that's good dosh, you should try Framing Frames or Firestarter next with full stealth - you won't believe how much cash you'll get, especially in Firestarter if you grab all the guns, the FBI evidence room is packed with goodies, and you manage to empty a good amount of deposit boxes on day 3. The deposit boxes might be a little difficult solo though unless you intend on getting that faster lockpick skill further down the Ghost tree you seem to have chosen.
Or you could find an Enforcer friend with the Saw.

Oh yeah, had a go at Big Oil last night with my team of 3. We, uh, had no idea what we're doing regarding the cold fusion engines. Apparently it requires maths, and we didn't have time for that. Grabbed a yellow one from a guess looking at the notes around, and then got our asses handed to us trying to drag it to the chopper.
Last edited by 4zb41; Aug 17, 2013 at 01:36 AM.
Level 37 right now and got to 30 in beta, currently have enforcer tree w/ saw and am now working on the mastermind tree for some of the hostage options and things like converting units.

About $46 mill offshore.
Stupid update being huge :< I'm not getting to the end of ghost tree fast enough. And I have to resort to *gasp* online play to keep up with money needs. And it's a pain in the ass, cause plebs be bad at rats, and it takes too long tossing 13 bags of cash across a bridge alone.