Ranking
Elbow and wrist must work together in order to maximize the efficiency of the arms, you can extend elbow and contract wrists to force-straighten your arms(not a common case but sometimes you can cancel an elbow lock)and otherwise if you want to contract the elbow,if you ask which is better, none is, each option has its own pros and cons, i know it sounds overused but the best you can do is to adapt to the situation once again.
welp ok,

this is right, right?:

Extend wrist= easier contraction of elbows
Contract wrist= easier extension of elbows
Weirdest Tori in Toribash
<Diuwaybuns> Toribash is unprotected sex
yeah that's right, if you have problems countering lifts, play in abd so it wouldn't be so punising if you were lifted, tbh i'm still practicing in abd XD
Its better if you practice in aikido for lift counters. Your always on the edge, so its more intense.
(╭ರᴥ•́)
i tried zwift's counter of lifts that he mentioned
"pull them towards me and knee them"
worked fantastically in aikido. didn't get a chance to suplex but i dq'ed his wrist outside the dojo.
why not to use my tiers? they already have all the fancy pictures
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
it's on 1st page in concil board, re-posted it in new members discussions
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Tiers is almost ready.
So I dolled up the Tiers menu and made a few changed to the technique order. I'm going to try and explain goal of each tier and what a new member would learn.

Forbidden (shovel,lift,liftkick) - this right away explains that these moves are never acceptable in aikido and any respectable member should refrain from using them unless trying to practice counters with a partner.

Tier 1 (snapkick,basic suplex, turnover) - the first tier introduces 3 basic techniques that everybody uses in their pre-blackbelt ranks. The basic suplex and turnover stand as great counter techniques and the snapkick introduces the player to striking and offensive openers. This tier gives a player a good defensive base to start with.

Tier 2 (snapdown, single leg takedown, kick check) - this tier further introduces the player to more offensive tactics that are easy to execute but require correct timing. the snap down (or quarter throw) is the name i gave to the technique of simply grabbing uke and pulling him down into the floor. the single leg introduces the control element when choosing to grab a leg. the kick check teaches a great counter option to the tier 1 technique: the snap kick.

Tier 3 (half throw, proper suplex, double leg takedown, footsweep) - Now that the player has solid offensive and defensive fundementals, he can start learning advanced multi-turn techniques. The first three techniques all build on what the player has previously learned (quarter throw -> half throw, single leg -> double leg, basic suplex -> proper suplex). Probably the most difficult move in this tier is the footsweep because it requires precise foot placement and execution to work. If people have trouble with this then I plan to make a tutorial.

Tier 4 (full throw, hip throw, double leg wrap, ground sweep) - My favorite tier. Techniques from Bushido, Judo, Wrestling, and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu are all integrated into this elite tier. They represent the martial art disciplines that [TA] has studied for years. None of them are easy to learn, but through practice one can master these moves and become a dynamic and feared opponent.
Last edited by footlox; Mar 22, 2016 at 11:21 PM.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists