Ranking
Original Post
Name change list
I think that there should be a list of people who have received name changes. Like the ban list. If people don't want their name to be displayed, they could tell the admin they send the TC too.
Originally Posted by MoonSick View Post
How about, Not Supported,because a lot of people get name changes to get away from the ties they've had with that name.

I guess no one reads the posts anymore, you're like the 4th person to barge in here claiming something that was already addressed.

>.>
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
Originally Posted by Grohenbird View Post
I know quite a few people who get namechanges to start over without starting over. If I were in those shoes, I wouldn't want a public list telling people I wasted money on a namechange just so people wouldn't bother me.

Supported if made private to the public.

From my experiences with friends and allies, no one really cares that you get a name change. Now one buys a name change in order to hide from people from their past that isn't a problem with the list, that's a problem with the people involved. Not everyone's namechange is a "waste" of money as you put it, a lot of people just want to get a name change, sometimes more than once. Its only a select few who get the name change to start a new life, so the fact that a list should be turned down because of a small percentage of the population seems absurd to me. if you know what I'm getting at.

-snip-
Last edited by Lazors; Oct 20, 2015 at 07:08 AM.
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
If you want people to know who you are, you tell them. Staff has a list already, it doesn't need to be made public. The only reason anyone would ACTUALLY use that list is to search for people that probably don't want to be searched for.
I think I might be retired.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
It was 2011 or 2012 when admins completely stopped logging name changes they did so the only list that exists now was last edited several years ago (note that it also lacked lots of namechanges made even for that period).

According to sir, you're wrong as they have no list nor logs.

My reasons for the list are in the first post, and the supporters in this thread feel it would make their lives easier.

Like I said numerous times before, the final name can be left anonymous. Thus making your statements invalid.

also from what sir has surmised, I realize finding the names of people who got changes from long ago would be rather difficult. So I suggest that if the name change list became green-lighted, we could start one immediately and have a log of everything after.
Last edited by MrJingles; Oct 20, 2015 at 03:29 AM.
When Risk was an admin he mentioned to me a name change list and read me out all the name changes I had had and who had done them. This was not in 2011 or 2012 so I'm unsure as to where the truth lies in sir's statement or if risk is just creepy and has his own logs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
Originally Posted by Neko View Post
When Risk was an admin he mentioned to me a name change list and read me out all the name changes I had had and who had done them. This was not in 2011 or 2012 so I'm unsure as to where the truth lies in sir's statement or if risk is just creepy and has his own logs.

Oh I didn't know that, but its most likely that risk is just creepy. If that's the case however, we could add his logs to the list if anyone needed it.
The suggestion boils down to if users should be able to see what names people had before.
Regardless of if it's a privilege for the higher-ups, I do think that the changes should be made public; be it a list or something in the user profiles, there's no reason for them to be kept private, and it would only help others by having access to this information.
Being able to change your name is a customization, not to "run away from your past", so those against the idea were/are up to no good.
BAD LUCK
Originally Posted by firebolty View Post
The suggestion boils down to if users should be able to see what names people had before.
Regardless of if it's a privilege for the higher-ups, I do think that the changes should be made public; be it a list or something in the user profiles, there's no reason for them to be kept private, and it would only help others by having access to this information.
Being able to change your name is a customization, not to "run away from your past", so those against the idea were/are up to no good.

I agree with this entirely. I also think that since everything would be made public it deters people from doing dumb/unlawful behavior as they won't be able to run from their past wrongdoings.

A lot of people brought up the point that people use it to hide from their past selves which is a flaw in our community because it allows the more richer users to do whatever and then get a name change as a get out of jail free card if you will.

The fact that people can pay 100k and get a blank slate isn't something that should be allowed. This only benefits the community in my honest opinion, and should the list be created it deters poor behavior and encourages discussion instead of running.

In my opinion of course.

tldr: I changed my opinion, and believe that the list should be completely public as it deters people from getting blank slates and not honing up to what they did. And thus it encourages good behavior.
Last edited by MrJingles; Oct 21, 2015 at 03:06 AM.
I do disagree with both of you.
The staff name-change list is okay for staff to look up who a person is and what he has done etc...
But a public list is just no good, I know of players who actually had a namechange and started all over being just an all round more friendly player, Instead of their old toxic self.
Having a public namechange could be bad for these people, when "person A" changes his name, and "Person B" knew Person A before his namechange he could start telling everybody about him and what he has done before and thus totally ruining making things worse for "person A" when he was trying to recover from it and become a better person.

Not supported.