Ranking
Original Post
Server meltdown - reason
Hi,

We have had bad connections today to our database. This was due to another server being attacked that was located on the same network as we.

The hosting center is working on putting the attack down, which seems to have worked pretty well.
So, it's implied by most of the posts above this that it's back up? It's still not working for me... :S
*mumble*Why did this have to happen on a Sunday?*mumble*
(insert random meme here)
Click here. AND here. Daily. Or kittens will die.
seems like the static servers are broken, but if you make your own, its fine.
^garblejfidlssja beflijfdsl baeufkh dsjlinuefjdsl
Hm, most servers down in Multi are haveing issuses were all player Id, Not fun, cant earn TC, witch may annoy others

EDIT: Also forgot to say, My bro said since this attack has happened, Toribash may go corrupt and you guys may have to remake it. (TIS WHAT MY BROTHER SAID AND HE DONT PLAY THIS GAME!)
Last edited by MightyN0ob; Jan 18, 2009 at 11:22 PM.
Originally Posted by hampa View Post
Hi,

We have had bad connections today to our database. This was due to another server being attacked that was located on the same network as we.

I don't know if I am reading this right, but I think hampa is saying that Toribash was not attacked, it was a separate server on the same network. If that is true, you guys can stop freaking out about Toribash being DDoS'd.
Originally Posted by Bork View Post
Another server was attacked and it was located in the same network as us. Ok, But how does that affect us? Is it like viral and spreads between servers?

It affects us simply because it's boring the network that our server is on.
Okay obviously Toribash is on a shared hosting server instead of dedicated. What this means is, Toribash is on the same server that holds all the files that make this site and game work with other files of many other sites. So when one site on this server is "attacked" the hosting company most likely shut down the server temporarily, then brought it back up but is much slower than usual as they are still trying to fix the problems of the attacked site. Toribash was NOT attacked it was mearily caught in the crossfire. I expect it to be fixed in 3-4 buisiness days from my previous experience.

Sarge
http://gamingsource.org
-Free Game Reviews and Discussions for Console and Online Gaming. Join today.
oi, very smart words from Sarge. I'm sure that every1's doin their best to fix da problem, so let them get to it. Also, wut w/ the constant restating of the obvious? ._.
[elite] Sarutobi ~ Ryland Gomez [elite]