Toribash
Maybe not in the real world but in my toribash world yes i would count that as a knee tap.
-----
Omg dude ur a savage. Those look better than anything i ever did.
Last edited by footlox; Jul 17, 2016 at 08:14 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
Originally Posted by Aquita View Post
Maybe not in the real world but in my toribash world yes i would count that as a knee tap.
-----
Omg dude ur a savage. Those look better than anything i ever did.

Actually, maybe it can work in real life as well. For example, hook the leg when they try to throw you and sweep the leg, pull half guard or full mount. Idk, i've never tried it xd

Nah dude, I've seen you do better full half guards than me xd
Last edited by Zwift; Jul 17, 2016 at 08:19 AM.
(╭ರᴥ•́)
I reached out to Con Con to feature us and no joke, less than 24 hours later here we are:

Last edited by footlox; Jul 17, 2016 at 06:14 PM.
Toribash Martial Artists
what an absolute
-----

madman

Last edited by RedPanda; Jul 17, 2016 at 06:48 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18
Just a quick comment about rodolfo vieira's takedowns: his takedowns only work because jiujitsu players are pretty bad at blocking throws, like... seriously bad, most of times are seriously ridiculous. They usually only try the sprawl or do the jump guard while there is an entire book of thechniques to block, counter and duck the most diverse techniques. Take a cautious look into his seoi nage and then take a look at this seoi nage here so you will understand what I'm trying to say.

If you want to take a person as reference for takedowns and throws, search for any olympic judoka.

This aside I'm really enjoying this thread. Monkeyishi already posted a video from it but take a look at the other videos from this channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3Z...iH6nvN6DWGAD8w
They are pretty reliable when it comes about strategy and judo mechanics because of the deep analysis in the greatest judo championships.

I'm talking about strategy and mechanics because we already have the moves here, tons of techniques, but the most difficult thing is to set them to make them work.
Last edited by iver; Jul 17, 2016 at 07:10 PM.
That Australian guy on YouTube is great I'll find one of his.
-----
But what i take away from rodolfo's takedown study is to test any throw with a small foot sweep or foot check. I use this in my real life and aikido takedown strategy.
I switch base and throw the sweeping leg out there. If I dont feel i have a good angle I'll reverse my rotation for a drop throw or step all the way through for a hip throw.
-----
Last edited by footlox; Jul 18, 2016 at 04:14 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Toribash Martial Artists
ay tho how about this arm snap
btw is arm snap replay just says snap down
Attached Files
maybe snapdown.rpl (49.2 KB, 12 views)
shitpost god
8 - 6 never forget
Originally Posted by Kyuri View Post
ay tho how about this arm snap
btw is arm snap replay just says snap down

That looked like a full throw.
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle
Not a snap down. I'm going to edit the desc of a snap down to be more specific.
Toribash Martial Artists