Ranking
This looks very much like cinema 4d.
There are probably several ways you can do this regardless of program.

One would be having a strong spotlight with a drop off or some sort of limit, one would be applying glow to a cylinder (which it looks like you have been doing), probably possible with particle effects as well.
If you just make the cylinder transparent and keep the glow it probably would work.

One way to do it if you are just planning on rendering an image would be to just edit in the lazer in photoshop.
important to remember to turn off cast shadows so you don't see the cylinder on the ground.

Be more precise.
Last edited by Ezeth; Dec 8, 2012 at 07:20 PM.
Looks like c4d indeed.

Try playing with the glow channel channel too. Luminance alone won't get you a laser-y feel.
I'd personally go ezeth's way using a spot-/parallel-spot-light and messing with visibility, falloff and dust settings
DeviantArt (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Warning: Removal of the attached label is punishable by instant death.
He looks a little less "cute and loveable" and a little more "nightmare fuel"

I think it's the dead soulless look in his eyes and the barring of teeth...
why does her camel toe point so hard to the right?

aha, that's fucking sweet dude! where is she from, like a zombie tv show or something (if not her skin looks a bit pale)? As for some sea&sea, think you could make her tits eh, pop more? they look more like huge pecs, flat on the top, like a plateau or something. Again mate, that's a sweet drawing, far better than I could do!
<Crooked> I'd say spartan, cause if he's tough enough to digest ungodly amounts of alcohol he clearly has the best body
I'm going to have nightmares with this O.O
Loving her expression!

Also what is she holding?
It looks like it's going through her skin.
Oh lol wasn't supposed to post this in t3al since its not really 3d art but I guess its ok :P
"final" version found here
http://zetpk.deviantart.com/#/d5qg353

She is holding a sabre.

Wanted to experiment a little with poses rather than doing the old arms out flat 2d drawings. Can't really see all the details unless you go for the 3000x4000 version of the image.
Last edited by Ezeth; Jan 5, 2013 at 04:27 AM.