Ranking
Originally Posted by HiVoltage View Post
*HiVoltage puts on his fatherly face*
Alright dobby, there's something I want to show you.
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=82396
Take a look at that thread. It's my first replay thread. Read all the suggestions, and take them into account when you make replays. I see my younger self in you, and I think that you have alot of potential.

Okay, first of all thanks for commenting and helping me, but the biggest problem in your thread seems to be your stiffness, an is that also the case for me?
[2nd Dan]-[Sigma]
Gynx's brick pimp ^^. "Gynx": A brick has holes, what more do you want?
Originally Posted by xDoBbYx View Post
Okay, first of all thanks for commenting and helping me, but the biggest problem in your thread seems to be your stiffness, an is that also the case for me?

A tad, but the main problem is your grabbyness and simplicity of moves. What you should aim for is to have no DMs caused by grab.
Last edited by HiVoltage; Dec 6, 2009 at 04:50 PM.
[T] ~~~~~> [Tigma] <~~~~~ [Sigma]
You should totally join my fanclub.
Forgot to post this here.
Attached Files
Pulmonary Artery.rpl (151.5 KB, 10 views)
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'm just sad that I can't give myself one
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'd have a great time
Originally Posted by HiVoltage View Post
A tad, but the main problem is your grabbyness and simplicity of moves. What you should aim for is to have no DMs caused by grab.

Well you know that pro replay makers change to grip the frame before a boom, because there is less surface area, would that still be considered a grip dismem?
[2nd Dan]-[Sigma]
Gynx's brick pimp ^^. "Gynx": A brick has holes, what more do you want?
Well you know that pro replay makers change to grip the frame before a boom, because there is less surface area, would that still be considered a grip dismem?

Yes, but usually it is best not to have grip on when attempting a boom because a larger surface area means you cover a larger area of Uke and therefore you are more likely to hit more joints.
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'm just sad that I can't give myself one
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'd have a great time

What can be very useful when going into uke with the side of your hand is grabbing so it doesn't collide the frame before ( smaller hand) and ungrabbing when it's inside for massive damage. I happen to have noticed a good example of that in HiVoltage's entry for the replay ladder.

Also this v v v
Attached Files
Meamme0 - StrangeManip.rpl (105.1 KB, 17 views)
Thanks for the Avatar, MrAakash
So, i haven't uploaded any new replays, so here's a couple. Kudos if you get the references :3.

Also: Grip, then ungrip the frame before the punch hits? Interesting...

Edit: Came in 2nd place in Deady's tourney today, was one of the best matches i've had in a while.
Attached Files
Serithi_Bish Bish Bish Bish.rpl (110.0 KB, 7 views)
Serithi_Deady Tourney.rpl (82.0 KB, 6 views)
Last edited by Serithi; Dec 7, 2009 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Added tourney replay