Ranking
View Poll Results: Should we add ranks to the user list?
Yes
20 Votes / 100.00%
No
0 Votes / 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Originally Posted by Hours View Post
that's why we're still on 64 tick servers then? also waiting for none competitive 5v5's. i mean sure they do update things. the new sounds sucks, tbf. it's csgo, not arma 3. i guess that's based on opinions though, so i'm not going to bash them for it that much.
my point is, yeah they do update the game and make it a better experience. but we better like what they do, else we can play something else.
if you're going to look up parts where valve has listened to it's community, then you can just skip that, because i am well aware of the fact that they do listen to us. it's not a common sight, but they do. however, there's much more the community has been asking for, whether it be a easy thing to do, or a huge and almost impossible thing.

Without even going onto the whole "Volvo why y u no listen" thing I'll just address the things you think they should fix.

Firstly 5v5 casual. What? Why? So I can go carry some beginners in a 5v5 setting? 5v5 casual would just make it worse for the beginners. Imagine a mate of yours starting the game (or just being bad), he want's to experience what cs is actually like.
Now which will be a better experience for him, playing with silver 2's who are actually bad, or having me on the other team going 30-1 and 16-0'ing the game for my team.
Non raked 5v5 would have to have a hidden matchmaking rating to make it work, and I get it, wouldn't hurt to have it. But it's not a thing that would make the game a lot better.
Not to even mention the amount of trolling that would happen in non ranked 5v5's.

The whole 64 tick thing.
You are put on a server and not told what tickrate it is. The only way to know is by playing and you could accurately be able to tell which server had 128 and which 64 tick?
I personally couldn't. It would be pure guessing for me.
I have yet to meet a good player who actually was like "64 tick? Unplayable."
On the other hand, I've literally met many DMG's who had the idea that they were worse on 64 ticks and that they sucked on MM and told me "because faceit has 128tick I play better there".
Sure 128 is better than 64 tick technically, but 1000 tick is better than 128. why not 1 million tick. 128 tick wouldn't change almost anything.

Can you come up with many games that actually have constant support after like 5 years of being live. Prime MM (Fucking amazing), constant updates to gameplay (bugfixes, tweaks) and new maps.
Surely sometimes volvo misses the mark and does something dumb (Wild west).
But generally they do an amazing job upkeeping the game and people tend to cry because they try to make money out of it? Thats ridiculous.
The minute they stop making money out of the game, the updates stop.

And finally, listening to people who bitch on reddit is the dumbest thing to do.
They have kept the game really competitive for so long and do listen to professional players when something is properly fucked.
They do a great job balancing the competitive and the casual side of the game.
I would say that volvo is miles ahead of almost any company when it comes to hosting a game.
People simply expect too much from them. They are a bloody game company, not your dad.
They don't owe you or any player shit.
Thanks gabe.
Last edited by cowmeat; Oct 8, 2016 at 08:10 PM.
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
Without even going onto the whole "Volvo why y u no listen" thing I'll just address the things you think they should fix.

Firstly 5v5 casual. What? Why? So I can go carry some beginners in a 5v5 setting? 5v5 casual would just make it worse for the beginners. Imagine a mate of yours starting the game (or just being bad), he want's to experience what cs is actually like.
Now which will be a better experience for him, playing with silver 2's who are actually bad, or having me on the other team going 30-1 and 16-0'ing the game for my team.
Non raked 5v5 would have to have a hidden matchmaking rating to make it work, and I get it, wouldn't hurt to have it. But it's not a thing that would make the game a lot better.
Not to even mention the amount of trolling that would happen in non ranked 5v5's.

The whole 64 tick thing.
You are put on a server and not told what tickrate it is. The only way to know is by playing and you could accurately be able to tell which server had 128 and which 64 tick?
On the other hand, I've literally met many DMG's who had the idea that they were worse on 64 ticks and that they sucked on MM and told me "because faceit has 128tick I play better there".
Sure 128 is better than 64 tick technically, but 1000 tick is better than 128. why not 1 million tick. 128 tick wouldn't change almost anything.

Can you come up with many games that actually have constant support after like 5 years of being live. Prime MM (Fucking amazing), constant updates to gameplay (bugfixes, tweaks) and new maps.
But generally they do an amazing job upkeeping the game and people tend to cry because they try to make money out of it? Thats ridiculous.

And finally, listening to people who bitch on reddit is the dumbest thing to do.
They have kept the game really competitive for so long and do listen to professional players when something is properly fucked.
I would say that volvo is miles ahead of almost any company when it comes to hosting a game.
People simply expect too much from them. They are a bloody game company, not your dad.
Thanks gabe.

god bless
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post

The whole 64 tick thing.

Thanks gabe.

well. let me just start by the 5v5 thing. i never said it shouldn't be ranked. valve can easily make it so players within gn only meet eachother, as well as silvers, whilst the higher ranks gets less of a gap between the ranks, since they're progressively harder to reach. i mean that's just an example. could be better one's out there, i don't know. i'm not a game developer with creativity in the area.
and why are you talking like lower ranked players are forced to play these kinds of 5v5's? they really shouldn't be. it should be an optional thing, for people who want to take the game a bit more serious than today's casual, but not so serious as comp.
to close that topic, it's your and mine opinion. it's not really something i can argue against too much. it wouldn't make the game a whole lot better, but it would for sure make a decently big part of the community happy, as it's been requested for years.

the 128 tick thing. never going to say i'm a better player at 128 tick. however, after having practiced bhopping as much as i have, i'm sharing opinion with the people who say it's better for it. but yeah, else i don't have much more to add. i just know it's a thing which is highly requested, and therefore brought it up.

also. i get the part where money equals updates. that's a given. but be real for a second. don't you think they get enough from other things within the game? stickers seems pretty useless so i'm not going to bitch about it. just the fact they're just adding another source for money to them makes them look like that's what they care most about.

and oh, i never really meant that valve is a horrible company in general. they do a great job keeping the game up to date. they just have their bad parts, which every company do.
i mean there's blizzard who also are quite good at it, but i don't think they can be compared though. i mean one company releases proper updates a few times a month or so, whilst blizzard usually a few months inbetween.

so, personally i just find the game quite boring sometimes. the penalty of losing mm matches removes a big part of the fun in it, in my opinion. it's not because i die alot, but because there's no "hey let's go bhop long and try to one deag without having to worry about the rank" feeling in it.
don't tell me i can do that in casual. we both know it's not even close to the same thing.
i did stop worrying about the rank i had after i got deranked when i got qued with a hacker. but it kills any motivation i have to push higher ranks, because why try to get something when you don't care for it?

okay so it's about opinions and it can't really be argued. you're right about most of the things in your post, however, there's other factors to it as well, which is based on opinions.
M I N I V A N
Originally Posted by Hours View Post
well. let me just start by the 5v5 thing. i never said it shouldn't be ranked. valve can easily make it so players within gn only meet eachother, as well as silvers, whilst the higher ranks gets less of a gap between the ranks, since they're progressively harder to reach. i mean that's just an example. could be better one's out there, i don't know. i'm not a game developer with creativity in the area.
and why are you talking like lower ranked players are forced to play these kinds of 5v5's? they really shouldn't be. it should be an optional thing, for people who want to take the game a bit more serious than today's casual, but not so serious as comp.
to close that topic, it's your and mine opinion. it's not really something i can argue against too much. it wouldn't make the game a whole lot better, but it would for sure make a decently big part of the community happy, as it's been requested for years.

the 128 tick thing. never going to say i'm a better player at 128 tick. however, after having practiced bhopping as much as i have, i'm sharing opinion with the people who say it's better for it. but yeah, else i don't have much more to add. i just know it's a thing which is highly requested, and therefore brought it up.

also. i get the part where money equals updates. that's a given. but be real for a second. don't you think they get enough from other things within the game? stickers seems pretty useless so i'm not going to bitch about it. just the fact they're just adding another source for money to them makes them look like that's what they care most about.

and oh, i never really meant that valve is a horrible company in general. they do a great job keeping the game up to date. they just have their bad parts, which every company do.
i mean there's blizzard who also are quite good at it, but i don't think they can be compared though. i mean one company releases proper updates a few times a month or so, whilst blizzard usually a few months inbetween.

so, personally i just find the game quite boring sometimes. the penalty of losing mm matches removes a big part of the fun in it, in my opinion. it's not because i die alot, but because there's no "hey let's go bhop long and try to one deag without having to worry about the rank" feeling in it.
don't tell me i can do that in casual. we both know it's not even close to the same thing.
i did stop worrying about the rank i had after i got deranked when i got qued with a hacker. but it kills any motivation i have to push higher ranks, because why try to get something when you don't care for it?

okay so it's about opinions and it can't really be argued. you're right about most of the things in your post, however, there's other factors to it as well, which is based on opinions.

Surely I agree with you that it'd be great to have 128tick servers, 5v5 casual etc. But expecting those things and getting upset when they don't arrive just feels super dumb.
The game is not perfect and is in the end pretty one dimensional.
I just hate when people who paid 10 bucks for a game that they have played for a thousand hours say "Ah these money whoring bastards, they already got enough money. Now give me these things volvo".

I view this game through the lense of a competitive player so I of course have a different viewpoint to things than let's say a videomaker might.
But in the end there has to be a focus for the game, and I'd say valve are focusing on the casual competitive side of the game.

AND OF COURSE A COMPANY CARES ABOUT THE MONEY THE MOST!!!! That's a fucking given!
They are not anyones mother who just wants their kid to have a grand old time with their friends.

That's pretty much all.
Last edited by cowmeat; Oct 8, 2016 at 11:13 PM.
Originally Posted by iNNzB00M1 View Post
Hi, im innz, i play csgo, im shit, my rank is silver elite.

Hey. If you need help with the game there are quite a few people here who like to be of use.
If you need something, feel free to PM me for example.
I'll be honest with you guys. When i started CS:GO i used to play inferno a lot. After some time i started to hate that map so hard didn't think i will play on it a single time again, but seeing the new inferno makes me think it will be my new favorite map, cobblestone being my fav right now. I mean it looks so nice in all the aspects, but i do belive now it is too much T sided than 50-50 or even 55-45/60-40.
the new inferno looks pretty dope, I don't like all the skyboxes and stuff, so nade/stun usage can be a problem, it's very spacious, a lot wider and things don't seem as they did. Car will be hard to handle, you use to be able to have one person guard it, now that isn't the case, as well as a bomb site. Ypu're gonna need good positioning on that map, and im looking forward to competitive games on there
How about those 50-use-only sprays though ayyyy.... (I'm late.)

Has anyone else noticed in-game how you can no longer blame hitreg for ANY missed shot? I'm honestly impressed with how much it's been improved. I also really like the new sniper scope correctly representing your accuracy. I'm the new KennyS.

But for real, it use to be that 4/7 missed shots I would notice be completely due to terrible hitreg (I record my gameplay so that I can review it so that I know I'm not crazy when I blame hitreg). Now every shot I miss, I don't blame hitreg anymore because they're honestly bad shots.

On the bright side, I miss 4/7 shots less than I use to now.
Last edited by Sparta; Oct 13, 2016 at 01:24 AM.
[20:07] <@SpartaCraft> This is the sexiest potato I've ever made.