Ranking
Wow, this is a great idea!! I would make something like this using a wooden base, and maybe a light rubber coating (like spray on rubber). Then throw some white spraypaint on the entire body and then hand paint in the facial details with acrylics and a small brush.
The joints would be easy using this style of build in mind.
http://www.primetoystore.com/Toys%20...ghawkblade.jpg
The four limbs are connected to the body using ball bearings and a small rubber socket with a magnet embedded in the deepest part, so the magnet holds the limb, and allows rotation. you can add slight coverage to the severable limb joint to restrict movement in certain directions. Or you could make some miniature U-joints for the limbs that can easily come apart by snaps.
While I wait for the manufacturing of the action figure to start (or probably already starting) before I go to the factory and take pictures of the process, let's discuss what needs to be on a package... This is a project, it doesn't need copyrights, registrations, trademarks for a product unless hampa et al. say so; I believe it only happens when it goes on sale, then it is another story... Recap: The size of the action figure is 180mm long by 32.5mm wide by 170 high; this has to be the minimum size of the package. The title for the package is: "Toribash: Tori is Here!"
What I believe should be on a package:
-Plastic sheet window view of product
-Title √
-For ages (10+?)
-Small parts: not intended for children under three years (not really until something breaks?)
-Try me
-Bar code (no need (how do you even make one?))
-Price √
-Item number (#0000001 (I bet it will be mass produced if successful))
-Logo
-Copyrights (no need unless hampa et al. say so)
-Description
(Version: Tori; 1/16 size from default; No Dismemberment; Friction Joints)
(The character has a story: ... (maybe you can make one up?))
-Anything else?...

Discuss...
Last edited by 2bknown; Jan 14, 2009 at 01:57 PM. Reason: added a thought that came up into the list just after posting
(◺_◿)
Ball joints would be the best way to go with it, because you could make the ball the relax color of choice, and the socket, the force color, it would be very poseable, and look awesome. I used to do tons of stuff with a dremil tool and modeling stuff, and I used to make my own action figures and use resin casts and all, but I stopped when I grew out of it... Man those modified action figures were worth money, I tell ya...
<Hanz0> Crush his hopes and dreams in the palm or your hand.Doitdoitdoit ;D
[RENEGADE]
Originally Posted by 2bknown View Post
While I wait for the manufacturing of the action figure to start (or probably already starting) before I go to the factory and take pictures of the process, let's discuss what needs to be on a package... This is a project, it doesn't need copyrights, registrations, trademarks for a product unless hampa et al. say so; I believe it only happens when it goes on sale, then it is another story... Recap: The size of the action figure is 180mm long by 32.5mm wide by 170 high; this has to be the minimum size of the package. The title for the package is: "Toribash: Tori is Here!" The price I decided will be USD $13.95 = RMB ¥95.50. Any objections?
What I believe should be on a package:
-Plastic sheet window view of product
-Title √
-For ages (10+?)
-Small parts: not intended for children under three years (not really until something breaks?)
-Try me
-Bar code (no need (how do you even make one?))
-Price √
-Item number (#0000001 (I bet it will be mass produced if successful))
-Logo
-Copyrights (no need unless hampa et al. say so)
-Made in (China)
-Description
(Version: Tori; 1/16 size from default; No Dismemberment; Friction Joints)
(The character has a story: ... (maybe you can make one up?))
-Anything else?...

Discuss...

Hm, ages 3+ is probably better, just go check some action figures at a toy shop.
Barcode probably isnt necccessary atm.
Logo should be the Toribash logo, and ofcourse your own logo (or artisitc signature).
I think hamap will ask you put Copyrights in it
Made in is a must ^_^ its so stylish
i dont think a story would be good, but you could write how to do the Decap kick from the tutorial (Contract left knee, extend right ankle etc etc), and maybe have some other moves, and recipie for fake blood =D
You could also have some game type setups (Judo, arena size: 50x50 cm etc)

Dunno what else, but maybe links to the website and game, and you could talk to Hampa about having a promo code or something.
If you wanted to you could have an art contest for people to design the packaging, and the winner gets a free Tori-figure, maybe a special number one.

Also, you should allow people to buy specifc numbers =D
Although, i would assume u get number #00000001, and you will probably give some to other people (Hampa?). But it would be cool to be able to reserve =)
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Oh yes, good additions there for the package:
-tutorials, tactics, strategies, instructions for good moves to give a head start when playing the game itself (recipe for fake blood? You wouldn't want a mess, and its unrealistic for blood to spurt out forever)
-game types (mods)(different figure)(game board scenery)
-links to the website/game
-promotion code

Remember, I am not mass producing, I am only having to make one action figure out. Also I am only having to make one package out (I am making it myself). Even if I made a few copies of action figures and packages I also don't know how to transfer them all the way to hampa et al. without a delivering website account. Sorry about that.
(◺_◿)
*Double Post*
I've waited for weeks for a reply from the project manager of molding house/manufacture and all I got was an intention of their own design of what the action figure will come out to be:

PLEASE AWARE THAT IT IS NOT THE ACTUAL PRODUCT, IT IS A DESIGN OF THE PRODUCT.
Discuss
Yes, I know that the hands are small and the feet are wide.
*Reason for Double Post: see for yourself O_O*
Last edited by 2bknown; Jan 7, 2009 at 11:50 AM. Reason: wrong second picture
(◺_◿)
WOW

That is the awesomeness

I cant wait to see this :o

This looks so cool (except for hands and feet what you mentioned)

:33

I love it
Awesome thread. We at Nabi have been keeping an eye on it for some time, and would really love to see this succeed.

Also, perhaps it would actually be better if they came all white, and allowed the buyer to paint on their own textures or put on stickers, or something.

If you'd like to talk to Nabi a bit more 2bknown, just give me a PM!
Ahh I see your point there, veb. Keep the action figure the way it looks like if the action figure I made is a movable model template for the user and let them paint or stick whatever they want for their textures of their own action figure. This seems more realistic, because it's like you buy textures in the torishop with toricredits virtually the same with you buy paint and stickers in shops in the city with money realistically. This change doesn't matter, because in this project the final product does not have to meet the required design specifications, which I can justify in my evaluation. Thanks for pointing that out.
(◺_◿)