Ranking
Original Post
Party/Invite System
This was on the old Suggestions board, but yeah. Toribash should have a party system. Here are some aspects of the system so you don't have to read through a giant paragraph:

• Invite system - This should be a no-brainer if you want to get a group together. There should be a command like "/invite X", and X would get a prompt saying "/joinserver Q", or something along those lines. These commands should work across different servers as well.
  • Mass invites - Just a variation on the invite system, but now you can type "/invite X, Y, Z" and prompts to join would be sent to players X, Y and Z at the same time.
  • Private party chat - Once a player is invited into the party, they should get access to a private chat with just party members. This is similar to Xbox's party chat feature, except with text, not voice.
  • Differentiating between party members and randoms - Party members should have a different color name than other players in the lobby. This would just make it easier to know who's in your party and who's not.
  • Private party function - If you don't want any more people joining your party, you should be able to set the party to private so that nobody else can join.
  • Vote move system - If the party leader decides to select another server to join, the party should be able to hold a vote to decide if they want to move or not. This should only be applied in larger groups, like 4 or more people.

ADDED FEATURES
  • Party Limit - This is to assure that nobody can organize a betting server or a tourney without using global.
  • Block/Ignore Command - If a random player is constantly inviting you, you can add him to a block list, which will permanently disable any contact between the two players until the "blocker" unblocks the "blocked.
  • Clan Invite - If you want to invite everyone in your clan to a party, this saves time by having the command /invite clan, so /invite Hunters would invite all Hunters members currently online.
Last edited by SilentAssassin; Aug 23, 2012 at 05:23 PM.
I like this idea although I think that it would be better if you had to send the person who you wanted to invite to your game a friend request that would allow you you to invite them to your game/party and/or join their game/party. Which would almost require and improvement to the buddy list that would tell you if your friends were online or not, instead of /sa name, /sa name2, etc.

Experience

Originally Posted by BagleCagle View Post
I like this idea although I think that it would be better if you had to send the person who you wanted to invite to your game a friend request that would allow you you to invite them to your game/party and/or join their game/party. Which would almost require and improvement to the buddy list that would tell you if your friends were online or not, instead of /sa name, /sa name2, etc.

Bit confused, you mean like steam's "join game" without any invitation?

Anyways, ctrl+b shows all your buddies and where they are.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
This is a very good ideia!
I support it.
Should be linke /pi (Party Invite) username.
The player would have the right to accept or not
"Never think you're the only one at something" - VictorTB

4 haters only