Toribash
Re: have u gotten the ps3 yet?
Originally Posted by Patrick
For all of those people saying the wii is better because it is innovative look at the DS. The DS was innovative but it still was no good whatsoever and the PSP kicks its ass. The same thing will happen with the PS3 and the Wii.

It all depends on what games are made and how they take advantage of the systems' strong points.
Q = QUAKER OATS
Three rules of Q - 1. Qegola and Quarantine both start with Q. 2. There is no U in Qegola. 3. Qegola is you new god.

So a man walks into a bar with a monkey. I forgot the rest of the joke but your mom is a whore.
The Innovation that came with the DS was greater than that of the PSP.
I wouldn't have dreamt of buying a PSP.

sure it had better graphics, but better games; In my opinion, no.

I have to admit I loved Animal Crossing, Metroid Prime Hunters, Trauma Center.
The touch screen made the DS unique, as will the gameplay on the Wii
PS3 = PS2 = PS1.
Whereas I cant say the PSP wasn't more successful, you can only compare that example and the PS3/Wii arguement in an ideal world. Which console had a bigger market share out of XBox, PS2 and Gamecube? After that, tell me which console had the best selling game, and then which game had the highest profit made on one game of all time?? PS2 was bigger, but XBox had the bestselling game, and XBox made the most off one game- Halo 2- which beat all records on it's first day of release. Although they should both corralate, they don't. The reason PS2 had a bigger market share was because you had to buy more of them. My first PS2 broke a month after I got it. I got my XBox at the same time. This was christmas 2003. My XBox, although it sometimes fudges with a few game every now and then, still works a treat most of the time. I don't know anyone who has bought more than 1 XBox, yet I know several who have had to buy 2,3,4 and in one case 7 PS2s.

This has gone on slightly too long, and I'm ranting. If you really want to read that up there and pay attention to it (and that is all factual, I can guarantee that) then go ahead. But my point is (which didn't come across clearly) was that the PS3 will most likely follow in the footsteps of the PS2 rather than the PSP. And the PS2 sucked
:o thats a long speech ^^ im probably goin to get both and ive already got the 360, but ill probably get the ps3 next xmas
I'm not going to get the Ps3 because I already own an Xbox 360, It's that simple. Not many give The Xbox 360 the respect it deserves seriously wheres the respect.?

p.s. Nice speech Hound.
Thanks, I get passionate in debatable subject areas such as this. Normally I offend someone in some way (or more rather, they try and offend my intelligence and information) so I'm sometimes discouraged from speaking my mind. Thanks for the praise, its the first time thats actually happened.

P.S I would like FF 13 for the PS3, just not the PS3 itself
Hound if I could give you Karma I would. ( Good Karma by the way.)
Originally Posted by Hound
Whereas I cant say the PSP wasn't more successful, you can only compare that example and the PS3/Wii arguement in an ideal world. Which console had a bigger market share out of XBox, PS2 and Gamecube? After that, tell me which console had the best selling game, and then which game had the highest profit made on one game of all time?? PS2 was bigger, but XBox had the bestselling game, and XBox made the most off one game- Halo 2- which beat all records on it's first day of release. Although they should both corralate, they don't. The reason PS2 had a bigger market share was because you had to buy more of them. My first PS2 broke a month after I got it. I got my XBox at the same time. This was christmas 2003. My XBox, although it sometimes fudges with a few game every now and then, still works a treat most of the time. I don't know anyone who has bought more than 1 XBox, yet I know several who have had to buy 2,3,4 and in one case 7 PS2s.

This has gone on slightly too long, and I'm ranting. If you really want to read that up there and pay attention to it (and that is all factual, I can guarantee that) then go ahead. But my point is (which didn't come across clearly) was that the PS3 will most likely follow in the footsteps of the PS2 rather than the PSP. And the PS2 sucked

I bought my PS2 before the Xbox even came out and it is still working perfectly right now. My friend had an Xbox and it just died. It stopped working completely. Also the PS2 was infinetly better than the gamecube and the Xbox. The gamecube only had 2 good games (RE4 and SMSB) and the Xbox doesnt have any good games that i can think of.

Originally Posted by Apollox99
I'm not going to get the Ps3 because I already own an Xbox 360, It's that simple. Not many give The Xbox 360 the respect it deserves seriously wheres the respect.?
p.s. Nice speech Hound.

It doesnt really deserve that much respect. What is the point of haveing it if all the games eventually come out for the PC for less money and better graphics. Also the only game that looks any good and original on it is Gears of War.
Patrick You have to dig deeper. Look at the up coming line Mass effect, bioshock, Halo 3 all are beautiful games. [/quote]

It doesnt really deserve that much respect. What is the point of haveing it if all the games eventually come out for the PC for less money and better graphics. Also the only game that looks any good and original on it is Gears of War.

[/quote]

The reason That I bought an Xbox 360 was because I wanted Great Grahpics and Gameplay much cheaper that It costs to upgrade a PC. $400 for the Xbox 360 +60 for a game = 460 OR $1200 for a decent PC With low end every thing that is meant for gaming + accsessories + games = A helluva lot more than an Xbox 360 with the same or better graphics.
Those games are all coming out for the pc eventually. Also Halo 3 is going to be a REALLY lame game. It is going to look just like the first two and it is going to continue the most uninovative and least creative series of all time.Also a pc can do a lot more than an xbox which is why it is worth soo much more. And it is not that expencive if you make you own computer. I know kids who have made their own computers for under 1200$ that can play any game on the market on full settings.