Toribash
Original Post
Name change list
I think that there should be a list of people who have received name changes. Like the ban list. If people don't want their name to be displayed, they could tell the admin they send the TC too.
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
I do disagree with both of you.
The staff name-change list is okay for staff to look up who a person is and what he has done etc...
But a public list is just no good, I know of players who actually had a namechange and started all over being just an all round more friendly player, Instead of their old toxic self.
Having a public namechange could be bad for these people, when "person A" changes his name, and "Person B" knew Person A before his namechange he could start telling everybody about him and what he has done before and thus totally ruining making things worse for "person A" when he was trying to recover from it and become a better person.

Not supported.

But this also gives person a the chance to redeem himself by giving him an incentive to show them that he's changed. I've known a lot of scammers and cheaters in my 5 years here, but once I found that they are able and willing to change my past views of them changed for the better.

While I know this may not be true for everyone, I think it allows people a chance to put an end to their previous quarrels. Its kind of similar to how it is in the real world; If you do something bad it will stain your record. However, if you can show that you have changed from your past ways there are some willing to forgo your past endeavors.

It may also allow the community to be more willing to forgive and they now have to chance to confront others and settle things through discussions.

And even then, this does not occur very frequently keep in mind. For someone to do something truly unruly and get a name change to hide from that past is a very small percentage of people. Admins will tell you that most people get name changes for the fun of it, and not to run or hide like the users many of you are trying to protect.
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
Any other the complaints with this? Suggestions?
Last edited by MrJingles; Oct 30, 2015 at 05:52 AM.
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/