Ranking
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
k, varus is indeed bullshit.

Like on release graves except more hybrid damage.

Nah Varus has a higher skillcap.

His ult just snares. His AoE slow has a 10 second cooldown at lvl 5 and he needs to have hit you 3 times before he can really start to burst you down.
I R IRONMAN
Hey. I'm actually downloading this game right now, 500mb left of 1.5gb

Is it worth it? Still another half an hour to finish.
Originally Posted by Hippybob View Post
Nah Varus has a higher skillcap.

His ult just snares. His AoE slow has a 10 second cooldown at lvl 5 and he needs to have hit you 3 times before he can really start to burst you down.

Hardly. Past a certain point you don't even really need to proc blight to be effective. It's nice for a duel should you get caught, but you're mainly just using the passive during a team fight anyways. Only one or two people at most should be deliberately procced by your abilities during any team fight. And the bonus it gives is only 15% of max hp at level 5, so it scales off in usefulness against different targets. It's only really useful when the proc is on a tank or a bruiser, where the damage dealt from auto attacks can be outdone by the % health damage.

And his ult procs his blight, so if you're REALLY trying hard, you can maximize damage by hitting a person 3 times, ult them, then attack potential snare targets 3 times to maximize the effectiveness of your blight. But that's only really useful in laning phase, where there isn't so much hectic stuff going on that you can afford to make quick judgement like that. And it's even more useful just to keep attacking the first snare target, as they're probably panicing from it anyways.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Hardly. Past a certain point you don't even really need to proc blight to be effective. It's nice for a duel should you get caught, but you're mainly just using the passive during a team fight anyways. Only one or two people at most should be deliberately procced by your abilities during any team fight. And the bonus it gives is only 15% of max hp at level 5, so it scales off in usefulness against different targets. It's only really useful when the proc is on a tank or a bruiser, where the damage dealt from auto attacks can be outdone by the % health damage.

And his ult procs his blight, so if you're REALLY trying hard, you can maximize damage by hitting a person 3 times, ult them, then attack potential snare targets 3 times to maximize the effectiveness of your blight. But that's only really useful in laning phase, where there isn't so much hectic stuff going on that you can afford to make quick judgement like that. And it's even more useful just to keep attacking the first snare target, as they're probably panicing from it anyways.

He also lacks an escape.
I R IRONMAN
Originally Posted by Hippybob View Post
He also lacks an escape.

So do most AD carries. I don't see how that's a problem.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Ok. So I downloaded this game, but when I register. I complete it and everything. Then ingame I use the same ID stuff. And it sais wrong pass. Help, I wanna play this game D:
Check that the region you made your account and the one you're logging to match.
< Larfen> also my replay thread has more views than the rules thread \o/

...This probably explains most problems in this community.
So do most AD carries. I don't see how that's a problem.

I'm just saying, he's not as good as Graves is now. Graves has that true grit passive, the blinding smoke that also slows, and he's got that little dash he can use to help him get away. (You said he was like Graves on release)

Varus just has the poke from his Q, the blight damage steroid (which is pretty good) and a high cooldown aoe slow.
No sustain, subpar early game damage and in my experience he gets outdamaged by most ad carries in lane.

He's like a watered down version of a bunch of ADs.
His damage steroid isn't as good as vayne's.
His AoE slow isn't as good as graves'.
His Q is great for poking. But not as great as KogMaw.
His ult is just a shorter range, harder to land version of ashe's ult. Except ashe's ult stuns. His just snares.

My problem is that he doesn't do anything that you can't do better by picking a different champ.
I R IRONMAN