Toribash
I'm really tempted to pick this up again, but is it still as resource intensive as before or have they optimized it for lower end setups? My desktop took a dump so I'm stuck with an integrated graphics laptop and it ran at like 15 fps solo back when there was that punch melee weapon added. I think that was around the time the dread bow was added.

I doubt they have but I can dream .-.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Hmmm, I can't say there's been a huge difference performance wise, but certainly a difference.

You can turn on multithreading in the launcher for multicore machines which gives a bit of a gain, and in general things tend to run a bit smoother. However since I play with everything turn up to full I'm hardly in a position to say how it runs on lower hardware.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
I'm really tempted to pick this up again, but is it still as resource intensive as before or have they optimized it for lower end setups? My desktop took a dump so I'm stuck with an integrated graphics laptop and it ran at like 15 fps solo back when there was that punch melee weapon added. I think that was around the time the dread bow was added.

*raises hand* hi, lower hardware computer here.

You're perfectly fine with a less powerful computer (as long as it's not scrap metal) at low low graphics, but honestly with the graphics on low you really can't tell the difference aside from a few things which isn't a big deal in my opinion.
why tho
Originally Posted by souldevilj View Post
*also raises hand*
I have my settings really really low and the game is still beautiful (y)

I can run high-ish settings but I still keep it low cause it looks better. Like anti-aliasing looks like crap when it's on. Everything gets all blurry and crap.
why tho
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post

I play on an HP 2000. (also integrated) Just make sure to turn off that Directx 11 and 64 bit mode option from the launcher. And while ingame, just lower everything and leave the resolution as it is.

Looks like shite, but it's not as bad as some of the pc games I have played on super low settings.
K, it runs, as bad as it did previously, but it runs.

Only have Loki, using either Latron/Paris, AkBroncos, Dual Ethers/Orthos. Trying to get Valkyr, the Jupiter boss is so weird, either I beat them into the ground instantly, or I get wrecked by 20 regular mobs showing up and just blind firing at me when I turn invis.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
I got all valkyr blueprints in just a few runs. I had Rhino, so that explains a lot.

Do this. Equip your primary, secondary and melee weapons with the highest puncture damage. If they have electricity damage too, then it's perfect. Now you can fell grineer pretty fast.

Here's how physical damage works.

Slash damage destroys flesh (red bar) which means Infestation dies pretty quick.
Impact damage destroys shields (blue bar), which means it's good against corpus enemies because they have a lot of shields.
Puncture damage destroys armor. (yellow bar) Mostly, grineers are loaded with armor.

Loki's abilities are not exactly good for boss missions, but you can still live with that. If you get crowded, use radial disarm. (his ultimate) Then basically range them from a distance.
Last edited by Hero; Apr 17, 2014 at 08:15 PM.
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
I got all valkyr blueprints in just a few runs. I had Rhino, so that explains a lot.

Do this. Equip your primary, secondary and melee weapons with the highest puncture damage. If they have electricity damage too, then it's perfect. Now you can fell grineer pretty fast.

Here's how physical damage works.

Slash damage destroys flesh (red bar) which means Infestation dies pretty quick.
Impact damage destroys shields (blue bar), which means it's good against corpus enemies because they have a lot of shields.
Puncture damage destroys armor. (yellow bar) Mostly, grineers are loaded with armor.

Loki's abilities are not exactly good for boss missions, but you can still live with that. If you get crowded, use radial disarm. (his ultimate) Then basically melee them.

Invisibility is good if you're low on health or just don't want to have the boss be aggro'd on you. His abilities can be very useful if used correctly.
why tho