Ranking
Yeah, they really do suck. You're just brushing against your opponent's legs not a sweep try looking at the replays I posted those are perfect examples. Try it against a more skilled opponent where they can resist and go against your force.

@Roux & Aqui ~ Feel free to correct the title for this one
Attached Files
Last edited by iPrime; Sep 17, 2016 at 06:51 AM.
Haha! Ur mad!
Heres my first intentional attempt at a fake kick opener to throw? Is this what you were talking about?
-----
Also any tips to avoid this happening, i.e. over rotaiong your throw, allowing the opponent to land on their feet?
Attached Files
fakey.rpl (57.4 KB, 6 views)
over throw.rpl (44.2 KB, 6 views)
Last edited by KidBuu; Sep 17, 2016 at 03:34 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
@Mike: Good fake. I wanna see you dropping low at least once to keep your opponent guessing. And to avoid the opponent from landing on their feet you have your whole upper body to partially rotate him and it really depends on the position you and where your opponent's leg is. Shoulders are used for swapping and putting your opponent upside down most of the time. Elbows are used for pulls and adding a bit rotation to your throw. Chest and lumbar both can also be rotated to increase the power of the throw. You can't really "over throw" something that's coming from a serious thrower like me. You can't change how your opponent's leg will move since you have both grabs occupied. But you can change how he will rotate, lean, and move throughout the dojo. The best way to avoid your opponent from landing on their feet is to get them REALLY high in the air and plant your foot down for a certain technique.

@Aquita & Roux: Here's a sweep transitioning into a leg lock. Can't if tell if it's osoto or ouchi. Gotta help me here, legends
Attached Files
Sweep & Leg Lock Combo.rpl (65.7 KB, 4 views)
Last edited by iPrime; Sep 17, 2016 at 04:31 PM.
Haha! Ur mad!
Originally Posted by iPrime View Post
Yeah, they really do suck. You're just brushing against your opponent's legs not a sweep try looking at the replays I posted those are perfect examples. Try it against a more skilled opponent where they can resist and go against your force.

@Roux & Aqui ~ Feel free to correct the title for this one

Single leg half throw. Nice job.
-----
Originally Posted by iPrime View Post
@Aquita & Roux: Here's a sweep transitioning into a leg lock. Can't if tell if it's osoto or ouchi. Gotta help me here, legends

Nice! That's another one people commonly do with out knowing its a real judo reaping technique. It's called kosoto gari. Pretty simple but effective huh?

http://judoinfo.com/images/animation...kosotogari.gif
-----
Originally Posted by MikeHoy View Post
Heres my first intentional attempt at a fake kick opener to throw? Is this what you were talking about?
-----
Also any tips to avoid this happening, i.e. over rotaiong your throw, allowing the opponent to land on their feet?

Fakey - this was decent. Me personally i would rotate that kick check into his kick bc u took alotta damage BUT i see you were focusing on the throw which is what really matters in this situation. Nice job

overthrow - Dont listen to iprime he's not a sensei like me.

First mistake around 450: you set your base leg (most important limb in hip throws) directly underneath uke's COG. Though this helped you get the lift, you'll see it left you with zero leverage for the throw which is why you lost your footing.
Now what you really want to do is set your base leg behind your opponent's COG so you can contract the base leg hip. This way your base leg will dig into the floor and give u the leverage for a hip throw.

Second mistake: You lost hope in the hip throw so you transitioned into a basic suplex. Now theres nothing wrong with this bc it gave u the win and this is how u want to fight in tourneys, duels, etc. But if you want a hip throw u gotta hold floor contact with that base leg.

I editted your replay to show you how you can trouble shoot situations like this. As i said to keep the base leg in contact so you can "reset" the throw.

First relax the base-leg-hip. *Edit: Sorry i have to correct myself, in this replay i actually extended-left hip to decrease the angle between the floor and the base leg.
While keeping the chest the same (never rotate-chest into the hip throw until uke is unbalanced and falling down) i swapped the pecs and shoulders. Going to the next turn...

Now that you established a stronger base leg, we're going to snap back into the throw. Re swap the shoulders and pecs, contract base leg hip.
To make it tighter we contract glutes.
Now finally we can test the chest, and it looked stable so i left rotated chest.

And there ya go, a clean looking hip throw.
Attached Files
Last edited by footlox; Sep 18, 2016 at 08:06 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
I see. So when you swapped pec movements did you raise left and lower right shoulder or raise both? Also when that left hip was relaxed on floor did you contract right hip? Additionally, I see you contract right elbow and extend left in the uchi mata position, is this the best way? But i think i understand what you were doing, as if to just pause the throw, waiting for gravity to bring the opponent in a downwards trajectory.
@Aqui ~ any chance we can add kosoto gari in the judo tiers ?

Aquita knows his shit <3 I'm just his apprentice

@Aqui & Roux: ~ I just pulled off this sick leg lock and hip throw combo tonight. Technique name ?
Attached Files
Hip Throw & Leg Lock Combo.rpl (76.6 KB, 4 views)
Last edited by iPrime; Sep 18, 2016 at 07:51 AM.
Haha! Ur mad!
Harai goshi with a belt grip.
-----
Or Ogosgi depending how you look at it
Attached Files
harai goshi.rpl (35.5 KB, 3 views)
Last edited by KidBuu; Sep 18, 2016 at 08:03 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by MikeHoy View Post
I see. So when you swapped pec movements did you raise left and lower right shoulder or raise both? Also when that left hip was relaxed on floor did you contract right hip? Additionally, I see you contract right elbow and extend left in the uchi mata position, is this the best way? But i think i understand what you were doing, as if to just pause the throw, waiting for gravity to bring the opponent in a downwards trajectory.

I made a correction so ill point that out first:

*Edit: Sorry i have to correct myself, in this replay i actually extended-left hip to decrease the angle between the floor and the base leg.

In the replay it looks like I raised both shoulders but i actually swapped both shoulders to literally reverse and reset the throw. There was just some resistance against the rear arm lowering.

And thats a good question about the elbows and the other supporting leg.
I would answer both by says that the elbows and supporting leg (the one thats not the base leg) are not critical joints.
This doesn't mean their not important, it means that they are like variables that should be changed to support the momentum and balance of the throw. And it always depends from throw to throw.

But i agree with ur observation about the uchi mata style elbows.
Extending the lead arm elbow and contracting the rear arm elbow always seems to give the fastest downward momentum

Very smart mikehoy, very smart.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
Haha i wouldnt say smart have you ever tried uchi mata with your lapel grip arm extended? Just asking for a counter lmao. In tb contracting the 'collar' elbow is like replicating a 'chicken wing' style uchi mata, quite popular in competitive judo
-----
Quick question using the standard 'noob clap' opener i find it waaaay harder to dodge kicks. In my other variation where i dont bend my knees i find it easy to avoid them. Pointers?
Last edited by KidBuu; Sep 18, 2016 at 08:32 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump