Ranking
Original Post
A little game
So recently I came to a conclusion on a certain subject, a subject that got me thinking for some considerable amount of time. But I don't want to reveal it right over, I would be glad to see you guys thinking on it, if you feel like it.

So here it goes:

How would you prove that something does not exist?

Exactly that. Good luck

I hope the answer is not too obvious, I sometimes overestimate my thoughts
Last edited by Sidvicious; Nov 11, 2012 at 10:46 PM.
You can't really prove something doesn't exist.

Prove

1 Demonstrate the truth or existence of (something) by evidence or argument: "the concept is difficult to prove".

2 Demonstrate by evidence or argument (someone or something) to be: "innocent until proven guilty"

You can prove something does exist, with evidence, but just because you have a lack of evidence doesnt mean that it doesnt exist, you just have failed to prove its existence.
<~Fear> fuck, Pv2Caribou is that you?
<~Fear> you look like you suplex fucking rhinos
Yes, correct. It is in fact impossible to prove something doesn't exist.

What you can do is limiting yourself not to believe in it.
-----
And some people would say its not possible to prove other things to exist either, but i disagree, because then it becomes only a matter of how easy that thing is to be observed by the average person (or everyone, the point ends up being the same).
Last edited by Sidvicious; Nov 11, 2012 at 10:54 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
one could also argue that it does exist until you prove it doesn't.

See: "Religion"
<~Fear> fuck, Pv2Caribou is that you?
<~Fear> you look like you suplex fucking rhinos
then again, you can't prove something doesn't exist, simply because doing so you would have to prove it DID exist
FIRED UP
Lol you can't, if you say something doesn't exist you're already implying existence.
There are theories, then you prove them.
A theory is made up from imagination and implications... Research here and there and eventually you know what it REALLY is, and you have your answer
FIRED UP
Actually a theory is a statement considering analyzed facts and/or reasonable indications of something, that makes circumstantial points that can be debated, studied and are available to change should more evidence be provided.