Ranking
Original Post
Shadowverse TCG

Shadowverse is an online trading card game from Cygames, Inc., available on PC/Android/iOS. Fans of similar games such as Hearthstone or the recently released Elder Scrolls: Legends may be familiar with how this game functions. For example, the turn by turn mana counter: increasing (in most cases) one by turn, starting at one, ending at ten. Similar also, your minions do not regenerate their health on their own. What sets this game apart from its counterparts is its cast of very interesting classes and the evolution mechanic.

Evolution

The evolution mechanic is probably pretty self-explanatory, in all honesty. You evolve a card and it gets stronger. Easy. The complications come when you realize that the mechanic adds gameplay elements that add a high amount of competition. You only have two or three depending on what order you play in, the latter being the player playing second. This means that you have that many chances to make a flashy comeback or a game winning play with these powerful tools. Don't worry, though. Cygames understands how risky evolving a creature is, especially right after you threw it out. Because of this, they have allowed your evolved creature to attack other creatures (and only other creatures) if you choose to evolve it the turn it is played. That's about all you need to know there. Not too hard to wrap your mind around, yeah?

Heroes

Shadowverse has 7 classes, or heroes, to play around with. Each has its own singleplayer storyline, personality, and playstyle.

Arisa (Forestcraft)
Arisa is an elf on an adventure to find her lost friend, who was stolen from her by the singleplayer's antagonist. She is very in touch with the forest, due to her... living there and all. As such, her class - Forestcraft - focuses on her furry and fairy friends. These cards are in most cases very low cost and revolve around playing many cards at once, or maintaining steady pressure.

If you like playing decks that seemingly never end, you'll definitely enjoy Arisa.

Erika (Swordcraft)
Erika is a loyal and humble guardian, serving her princess to any end. Though quite sheltered and more than a lot awkward, she is great with a sword and quick to a decision. Her deck reflects her military cunning with a set of cards that are as aggressive as she is. They consist of both officer and commander cards, which when played together strengthen each other.

If you like hitting guys in the face with an army of buff armored bros, Erika has got you covered.

Isabelle (Runecraft)
Isabelle is a mage... I think... Okay, I'll be honest, I haven't played Isabelle's story at all. Not because she seems like a boring lady, just because her set hurts my brain. Guess I'm not in line for high magic, eh? Anyway, her set focuses on lots of really broken spells that power up other broken spells by playing spells and also probably makes your creatures stronger sometimes too. Sound complicated? Don't worry, you're right.

This set is perfect for people who have great management skills and like holding onto all the fun until the very end, then brutally murdering your opponent in a combo that would make Star Fox cry.

Rowen (Dragoncraft)
Rowen is a big murderous teddy bear of a man. He's a general, assumed dead by his nation, who's lost many people in his time. He wanders the land on a vow to protect all the people he can, so he no longer has to deal with the pain of losing others. Do NOT get between him and his friends. He has an inner fire that will likely split you in half if you stand in the way for too long. His set reflects this burn inside of him. It consists of cards that become stronger once he ticks. After his man's pool hits 7, his cards become extremely powerful, and he has a few ways to cheat his way there (remember how I said you only USUALLY gain one mana a turn? This guy is the reason that's there).

With ramp and tons of powerful endgame cards, this is the man you want if you feel like winding up a swing and slamming down on everything as hard as you can.

Luna (Shadowcraft)
Luna is a little girl who lost her parents. Sometime in her state of weakness after losing her parents, she is greeted by two dark spirits claiming to be her parents' souls. She accepts them out of loneliness, and they soon teach her powerful necromancy. This is where her card set comes in. Her cards have a special property, being that they use shadows, the souls of your dead cards, to strengthen themselves. Shadows aren't exclusive to Luna, but she's the only one who can truly harness them. Her set is designed to destroy all things, and that might be it's only undoing. Without death she falters.

This set is for those -ahem- VERY KIND players that played blue/black control in MTG.

Urias (Bloodcraft)
Urias is a vampire. That's really all you need to know about him to get the gist of him. His set of cards deal damage to himself as well as heal him (not at the same time, of course.). The cards that do injure him tend to be a fair bit more powerful than the other sets' cards of the same mana strength, but it's pretty fair... seeing as you have to bleed for them to even appear. Once he reaches half health (at 10), his cards gain effects similar to the way Rowen's do. The only difference being that he has to stay at least half dead to use them.

This set is a highly aggressive one, encouraging you to kill yourself in order to kill your opponent faster. I don't really know who to recommend this to. Masochists, maybe? But I do know that it's a pretty set.

Eris (Havencraft)
Eris is a high priestess of the church who has lost her memories to an incident. She is kind-hearted and loving, with a strong will. However, she refuses to stand for what she believes is wrong, and fights down said things with rather extreme prejudice. Her set feature the mechanic "Countdown", which as it implies is a countdown on certain cards. When the countdown ends, the card dies and a powerful effect or creature is released. On top of this mechanic, her cards feature healing and damage reduction that are fairly commonplace in comparison to the other heroes.

Eris is for players looking for a slower, more laidback form of battle. Cards come out slowly, but when they do come they pack a punch.

If you'd like to add me, or anyone else who plays within the community, I'll have a list below featuring their information.

Player List
Grohenbird: DD Strazi (972327794) Rank C0

If more information is needed or wanted, please post below to let me know.

Hero pictures will be added later, when and if I can get a decent quality photo of them.
Last edited by Grohenbird; Aug 13, 2016 at 11:53 AM.
I think I might be retired.
not a big fan of card games but i'll give it a go. need something other than league to waste time on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
click my sig for a great time (WIP)
im smoking weed out of a pussy filled with money i like this