people playing: 58, servers online: 22, games played: 142,000,000 Top Player: Penguin

Toribash Community » General » Off-Topic
Register FAQ General Rules Community
Closed Thread

Old Jan 12, 2018   #11
Elite

God Belt

Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
First off, no need to throw insults

Regarding your question about what happens when a "noob" is no longer a "noob": iirc they would be able to move up in the clan and possibly apply to the general rank in the clan which is a rank that is there for more experienced players to join and be able to interact and help out beginners.

Originally Posted by Karbn View Post
As wizard first said much more politely than i'd like to put it, please don't throw around insults. Especially when you don't know the full story as to why i resigned in the first place.

we have the official board, but not the official brackets ingame. if you checked ingame you'd realize that. they don't get kicked after they reach a certain rank, they can stay as long in the clan as they like. however, they will be given a gentle push towards the door so they can go out and experience other clans and the rest of the forums.

if you could explain why you think it's a good idea to make it TOO easy to navigate a clan board that is made so it's easy to navigate, then please post it here. i'd love to hear your suggestions!

Didn't mean that to come off as an insult, i meant it more as a confused 'i thought he quit, when did he join back', but i suppose me having a bad day and overall generally not feeling that well made me type it in a inpropper manner, so once more, sorry.

And thanks for clarifying about the kick thing.
Old Jan 12, 2018   #12
Bless
FLOWERS AND RAINBOWS

Always Wear Your Seat Belt
Clan: Relax All

What about those brand new brackets that were just recently implemented to official clans, to distinguish certain players in the clan from others, seems appropriate.
[21:55] Icky: How the fuck can i make witty lines about blossoms without going full weeb
Old Jan 12, 2018   #13
Wizard

10th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Adventure

Originally Posted by Bless View Post
What about those brand new brackets that were just recently implemented to official clans, to distinguish certain players in the clan from others, seems appropriate.

Those brackets are used to show trial in an official clan, so maybe not. I believe the beginner clans have () tags now, but still have boards. Unsure of this info, on phone atm.
[a]dventure
~~~~~~~~~~~~
PLEASE VISIT MY SHOP
vvvvvvvvv
HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old Jan 12, 2018   #14
Karbn

7th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Vector

wizard is correct, beginner clans red and blue have unofficial tags in game. they just have the official board to keep everything streamlined so beginners don't get confused trying to find all our threads
Old Jan 12, 2018   #15
Bless
FLOWERS AND RAINBOWS

Always Wear Your Seat Belt
Clan: Relax All

Ah they didn't when I last checked, willing to believe it is true.

What are the rules on these beginner clans partaking in clan events
[21:55] Icky: How the fuck can i make witty lines about blossoms without going full weeb
Old Jan 12, 2018   #16
Karbn

7th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Vector

i don't see a reason for them to not partake in events. as it stands, we'll be holding special beginner events within our clan, so i doubt you'll see many [red][blue] members flooding your events board anytime soon
Old Jan 12, 2018   #17
Ele

2nd Dan Black Belt

One thing irking me is the inconsistency in staff decisions about this sort of thing.

Parrot was prevented from creating a newbie clan, and the big reason behind it was that it would be unfair to the other DSC clans because we'd be 'sucking life' from the other DSC clans.

They went on to talk about how we've got greater 'catchment' and 'resources', so it would be totally unfair for us to exist.

Cut forward 1 month... the HS, a group with even greater 'resources' and an even bigger 'catchment' (you can redirect people to it from Beginner Sanctuary, and they're the only coloured name clans on the forum, so they stand out on the official list (plus they've got a special icon)), has undercut the rest of the DSC clans in the same way Parakeet would've. The only difference is that this undercut is *staff supported*

Other DSC clans can't compete. When the members of Red and Blue progress enough to be 'nicely shown the door', it's only natural to assume that they're not gonna be looking to enter a clan that's a step down (a DSC clan), they're gonna look to join a popular official clan.

So not only does this feel like sort of a big 'lol, ur fucked' to other DSC clans, it's seemingly a 'get fucked' to us dudes that were launching Parakeet.
---
@Mods, move this to Off-Topic if you think this is more appropriate there.

Last edited by Ele; Jan 12, 2018 at 04:14 AM..
Old Jan 12, 2018   #18
pouffy
M O D S

7th Dan Black Belt

hi, this is in offtopic.

please follow offtopic rules so i don't have to delete a bunch of posts

thank you, have a nice slugfest
Event Squad ~ ES Mod Team Lead
Want to apply for ES or Mod Team? PM me!
<cocacobra> hes like an neckbeardling

Old Jan 12, 2018   #19
ЯTyphon
IDIOT BITCH

9th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Adventure

Originally Posted by Ele View Post
One thing irking me is the inconsistency in staff decisions about this sort of thing.

Parrot was prevented from creating a newbie clan, and the big reason behind it was that it would be unfair to the other DSC clans because we'd be 'sucking life' from the other DSC clans.

They went on to talk about how we've got greater 'catchment' and 'resources', so it would be totally unfair for us to exist.

Cut forward 1 month... the HS, a group with even greater 'resources' and an even bigger 'catchment' (you can redirect people to it from Beginner Sanctuary, and they're the only coloured name clans on the forum, so they stand out on the official list (plus they've got a special icon)), has undercut the rest of the DSC clans in the same way Parakeet would've. The only difference is that this undercut is *staff supported*

Other DSC clans can't compete. When the members of Red and Blue progress enough to be 'nicely shown the door', it's only natural to assume that they're not gonna be looking to enter a clan that's a step down (a DSC clan), they're gonna look to join a popular official clan.

So not only does this feel like sort of a big 'lol, ur fucked' to other DSC clans, it's seemingly a 'get fucked' to us dudes that were launching Parakeet.
---
@Mods, move this to Off-Topic if you think this is more appropriate there.

If I recall correctly, Parakeet was titled a feeder clan, it was basically a trial clan to say hey if you're good for x amount of time you'll get into this big clan called Parrot. Whereas the Red/Blue clans are meant to help beginners get into the game and learn etc. We didn't go " hey know what'll really piss parrot off? If we make R/B to mock their feeder clan parakeet." Also, mind you R/B was in development waay before Parakeet was even thought about. The main idea of this project since it was conceived has been to help beginners, not to be "sucking life" from other clans.
w e e b
I'm Event Squad, have questions or want to send me an application PM me.
im a brony
icky is the best
Old Jan 12, 2018   #20
Dare
NON-EXISTING!

9th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Obey

even though im leaving tb i do have an opinion on this.

I think this is an interesting idea and could work, however. I agree with Ele.

I never joined or ever intended to join parakeet, but it is similar to this red and blue idea that is going on. I find it confusing on why you reject parrot clan from making a sub-clan while tb staff can just make 2 clans for beginners where their names are in bright color, in the section of official clans even though they're not (i know why u guys did that, no need for explanation, but i find it dumb).

Parakeet was intended to recruit potentially good players in the future and have a chance to join parent Parrot clan in the future (this is as im aware, tell me if im wrong). It was said this was unfair to the community as Parrot clan was popular at the time and everyone wanted to join and they would be taking almost all the remaining good players of the existing small community (as im aware). Even if this is true, parakeet wasn't allowed to join any (main clan)events due to the fact it's sub clan. With that being said it would be extremely hard for a parakeet member to join main parent clan (as there are just limited spots on parrot), and in the future, the parakeet may just join another clan whether it be starting there own clan or joining another clan to compete against parrot.

However, this red and blue thing I also find unfair. After a beginner joins the clan and they want to finally leave. They would be wanting to join a popular official clan as what Ele said because they would think unofficial clans and even old/ not as popular official clans as good enough.

For instance in my perspective if i were to join red/blue clan.

I join as a noob, get pretty decent and good as a player, then when i realize it's time to leave and join something better as I'm getting better. I leave blue/red clan.

Now what would my first instinct be when joining a new clan?
1. Blue/red clan had many players
2. blue/red was very active and popular
3. blue/red warred alot, and won alot (since there are many players with different skill levels)
4. Clan board has alot of space and places to check and do.
5. Blue/red clans are in the official section even though there not official

Now with that being said what clans would i want to join?
1. Parrot is popular and really good I wanna join there
2. adventure is quite active and decent maybe there
3. All star clan is quite decent and active with different skill levels maybe there

See, I wouldn't be thinking on joining an unofficial clan
1. they have 1 clan discussion thread (I would feel like this is too basic)
2. Unofficial clans die to fast
3. Not many good players
4. Wars alot, but loses alot
5. Can't compete in big events
(not to diss unofficial clans, there are good ones not gonna lie, but if i were a member of blue/red thats what I would be thinking of)

In addition doing this red/blue clan thing lowkey destroys the use of unofficial clans. Unofficial clans won't be able to recruit new people as red/blue are taking them.
No new talent= no chance to compete.

I probably have some good points and maybe some wrong points or maybe forgot some, but u get the gist.
Closed Thread