ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Toribash Rejuvenation
Toribash is nothing like how toribash should be , back in 2007 the game was 100 times more competitive then it is now. It is even hard to play this game anymore because of how un competitive the game feels. Toribash is lacking all fields ingame defiantly , clans are pointless in the game anymore , & the art/textures page is full of unattractive textures. The only we can make Toribash great again is we need better operators and or moderators that actually care about the game. The ingame lobby list is full unattractive mods, there needs to be more akido , greykido , and bigdojo tournament. Certain people need to help noobs so the game can grow. We need everyone that is actually knows this game alot to help bring the community back to life , because if you didnt know the community both ingame and on the forum sucks. & whoever is commissioning the game needs to hire somebetter moderators , because the game isnt getting better by adding 3d items . Please reply on this thread , and lets get this game back going .
I used to be part of the PromoTeam on 2008, group in charge of events back then, and I am now in the Events Squad, group in charge of events right now. I was also part of GKs, GMs and other hosting groups, so I will tell you, from my point of view, some things that could explain why the present group is better than previous ones (not all the reasons but enough to make a point):

What I certainly could tell you is that despite the groups being managed totally differently from each other, I see more people actually hosting things ingame nowadays. Not to mention that, for example, at PT moment some hosters (some of the most "active" ones) were afk during the whole tourney, and didn't bother to moderate nor entertain people in the queue. Oh, and 99.99% of the times they were KO tourneys only, not the whole variant of events ES is hosting right now.
Not to mention the forum events, which are getting better and better with the years.

If you want to make a complaint about ANYTHING specific, feel free to do it, but please, make a valid point.
I have been playing this game and browsing the forum since 2006. Honestly the game and community are in far better shape right now than they were even a few years ago. It was more fun and engaging back then to me but that is because I was a kid.

We also have fewer members online at any given time compared to other periods in time but this game and community is far from dead. I feel everyone is trying to base what our standard online activity should be off of when 3.0 was released and we had our flood of new players come in. We had that happen on a smaller scale with the steam release. That is a big spike in activity based off of hype and people discovering the game for the first time via a new medium.

I feel a large majority of the players that had left moved on and have lives. Now that member activity has settled back down to a normal level people think toribash is dying. Many people don't stay in a community like this their whole life.

We still get new members daily. Have you ever played older versions of Toribash? Playing them today feels clunky and it's a chore. Toribash as a game has improved a LOT through constant bug fixing and development. Yes developement is slow some times but it's come a long way. The way the forum is managed has changed and improved a lot as well. You don't have to worry about getting banned for something stupid by Shin-ryu or veb, and then trying to contest it all you get is a link to this http://forum.toribash.com/tori_tos.php. stupid shit like that doesn't happen anymore thankfully. Clans have also improved quite a bit. I can't think of anything that hasn't improved here.
Last edited by tertywerty; Jan 4, 2018 at 11:38 PM.

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
Maybe I haven't made a focused point , but toribash is no way better clan wise defiantly not that the reason why they deleted most of the dead clans , and when is the last time you have seen an unofficial clan become official. Its not that that people got lives , its more that no one that tries this game becomes attached to it, because there is nothing else to do but play in game. Steam is a defendant reason as to why this game has slowed down a lot. Yes I have played toribash 3.0 , playing it now ofcourse it would feel slower . Toribash 4 versions were pretty dang good. Toribash isn't an interesting game anymore
The dead clans haven't gone anywhere, the board has just been hidden. You can find it here

As for clans becoming official, the majority of clans that try and become official do not even end up meeting the minimum requirements and some of them fall apart before they get official. People play Toribash, get bored eventually, and leave just like any other game.
Last edited by tertywerty; Jan 5, 2018 at 03:56 AM.

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
Do you really want to go back to a time where Judo was considered competitive and have each match consist of one single hit and tripodding the rest of the 800 frames?

Also now, official clans are considered some sort of prestige title, if you will, that only a few clans can actually achieve due to the (honestly easy) requirements.

Honestly you can take off your rose-tinted glasses and just accept what the game is for what it is now. It's not going to change. If you're really itching for a new toribash, just wait for Toribash next.

By the way, lots of people do find the game uninteresting after playing it for years. If you have been involved with a single video game for over a decade, you too would find it uninteresting at some point. If you really want to go back, find a download for Toribash 3.0 and watch the stock replays, or try to play online (I'm unsure if this works). They're not very good, there's maybe 5 or 6 replays that are kind of worth viewing from back then, but it's the closest you're going to get.

Steam certainly helped the game since it's now on a platform that has millions of active users online daily. The game certainly had a population growth that stuck around for a decent amount of time. The overall feedback is pretty similar to what it was back then: It was cool for like a few days, but it got boring. The general opinion of the game is not going to change anytime soon.
Last edited by Rfifan; Jan 5, 2018 at 04:02 AM.
RIP [duck] Aug 28 2011 - April 20 2020
Originally Posted by Wounder View Post
because current staff honestly stuck

its a shame this is the best the community can produce, but oh well

i'd say the whole staff and community division doesn't really work for a game that is so ugc driven, and maybe laissez faire approach should be taken instead, meaning making it easier for community members to do/host what they want, instead of the usual attempts to control everything and thinking what "majority of players" will like, and trying to block / shutdown anything that in their opinion does not fit the picture, while being completely disconnected with the actual players
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
The point is the game is boring compared to back in the day the whole game is dead . We have 3rd dan black belts still dont know how to play the game . This game is cake if we dont try to up the competitiveness up.
What are you on about at all, belts don't show a skill, it shows the amount of qi a person has earned weteher it's rightfully earned or bought. Not their skill level.

If you so direly want the game to be more competetive, where is the actual suggestions.

Also this shit about the mods. If they're so bad. Try spending all the time most of them have to better this community and come back 8 years later and still want to help the community to better. People like Icky in perticular.

So be thankfull. Because every game has a limitation of what it's administration and moderators can take care of in their time span. Considering they're not even paid to do it. Be fucking thankfull. Because without them Toribash wouldn't be here at all.
Jun 2, 2023 - .best. day. ever.
I’m surprised that no moderators have replied to this or even considered the game sucks ,
Originally Posted by Lambence View Post
I’m surprised that no moderators have replied to this or even considered the game sucks ,

But 4 staff members have responded in your thread already??

We already went over the game. It doesn't suck, people just get bored and leave like any other game. I see new people joining and having fun playing the game daily dude.

[Evil] is recruiting!