Ranking
Original Post
Make sets to store 500 items
For the moment sets can store 499 items, since it considers set itself as one of the items.
It's a simple matter of 1 item, but when storing big amounts of items it is much more convenient to make it a round number, which is 500.

It's most likely a minute or two of work for a qualified staff member and it would make it much more convenient to store items for everyone.
Again, before anyone comments "but it won't change anything to majority of players", no, it won't, but generally speaking it would make much more sense and all it takes is couple of minutes.
Last edited by Smaguris; Jul 20, 2017 at 03:19 AM.
Yeah i agree. If i had 1000 chronos grips i wouldnt want to store them in 3 sets. Two with 499 and one with 2? Just feels stupid.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
There's actually a good reason for the 499 limit (500 since the set itself is counted).

It was brought in a while back because having bigger sets causes a multitude of problems that resulted in many sleepless nights... Literally, you have no idea how many times I wound up doing all nighters due to sets with 500+ items inside them.

So yeah, afraid it can't be raised.

*EDIT*

As a (related) side note - the same problem is also why there's a limit to how many things you can transfer at a time.
Last edited by SkulFuk; Jul 20, 2017 at 11:45 PM.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
There's actually a good reason for the 499 limit (500 since the set itself is counted).

It was brought in a while back because having bigger sets causes a multitude of problems that resulted in many sleepless nights... Literally, you have no idea how many times I wound up doing all nighters due to sets with 500+ items inside them.

So yeah, afraid it can't be raised.

*EDIT*

As a (related) side note - the same problem is also why there's a limit to how many things you can transfer at a time.

But would changing the item limit per set from 500( included itself) to 501(included itself) really create that much trouble ?
Originally Posted by Swosh View Post
But would changing the item limit per set from 500( included itself) to 501(included itself) really create that much trouble ?

Originally Posted by Smaguris View Post
Yeah, as Swosh said, after all it's just a matter of one item and it shouldn't change anything in case of performance.

Yes it'd cause trouble, it straight up breaks things. 500 is the absolute limit, which means 1 set item + 499 items inside it. Same applies to transfers - even shop admin transfers can't exceed the limit.

It's a database problem, exceed that limit and your items either break and become unusable in any way, or the set item itself breaks and everything in it vanishes.

As I said, there's a good reason for it.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you