Ranking
Original Post
Originally Posted by ninja3316 View Post
I'll show you my work and tell me about yourself.

I absolutely love the fact that you are going to tell Hampa things about himself.
No he's telling himself about Hampa.
[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/thWfXwy.png[/SIGPIC]
Wanna see some ruffled feathers in Taekkyon

<Icky> Damn my mouth is on fire but my loins stir like the straits
I don't understand why you said 'built with animations' and 'run your own server.' But I really like your idea! 😊
mai zigmachure es duomb ayend dozent mayk seyns *dut*
@hampa: Can we get accurate mod names please.

Current "Judo" mod resembles nothing even close to... well... Judo.

Also, can our beloved "Aikido" and "Aikido Big Dojo" be changed to another grappling martial art? As actual sparring isn't even a thing in that weak martial art.

Would tidy up the terminology of the game I believe and would be a simple fix.
Will we be able to use the boosters of this version in Toribash Next?
If not, will them become tradeable, as a collectionable item?
Originally Posted by Vinyl View Post
Will we be able to use the boosters of this version in Toribash Next?
If not, will them become tradeable, as a collectionable item?

Boosters would stay as they are now.
-----
Originally Posted by MikeHoy View Post
@hampa: Can we get accurate mod names please.

Current "Judo" mod resembles nothing even close to... well... Judo.

Also, can our beloved "Aikido" and "Aikido Big Dojo" be changed to another grappling martial art? As actual sparring isn't even a thing in that weak martial art.

Would tidy up the terminology of the game I believe and would be a simple fix.

All the mods are user-created, that's why they are regularly not what you'd expect them to be judging by real life experience. You're always free (and encouraged) to make new mods that are closer to real-life martial arts, same is going to be the case in Toribash 2.
Last edited by sir; Jul 2, 2017 at 09:07 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
The Tori parts will change ? And can we use the current joints and body texture in the next Toribash ?
Zyns#6664
Here's a question that I think is really important and haven't seen here:

What is the point of this update/sequel?
Is it just a graphics/engine overhaul that retains the gameplay as it is, or are there new gameplay features (other than the 2v2)? I for one don't see any great potential gameplay reworks that would bring anything new to the table.
I would love to hear about the improvements to the meat of the game itself, the gameplay. The whole flames, TC, mods discussion is fairly irrelevant when compared to the most important feature, the game itself.

The game has been really stagnant for the past 3 years and the gameplay in every mod (the entire game) has been figured out.
How are you (and the people working on TBnext) going to bring the excitement of lets say the early years of TK or Aikido to TB next? Since what is the point of this whole update if we are going to feet first lunge in lenshu from the launch and shoveling from week 1?

How is the gameplay itself going to be updated and made fresh again?
Since after all, that's what most people want.
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post

How is the gameplay itself going to be updated and made fresh again?
Since after all, that's what most people want.

I spent so long writing a reply to this that the forum logged me out by the time I hit the post button, and now I have to start from scratch (which it's way too late at night to do right now). Essentially, I have many ideas for how to rework and balance the game in a way that makes gameplay more consistent and less random with dismemberments and fractures, but I'll post about it tomorrow after I rewrite it. Fek...
[20:07] <@SpartaCraft> This is the sexiest potato I've ever made.
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
Here's a question that I think is really important and haven't seen here:
How is the gameplay itself going to be updated and made fresh again?[/B] Since after all, that's what most people want.

The new engine already has some features that I think can be fun for new gameplay:
- Continuous Collisions (no more sword props that go straight throw bodies between frames)
- More joint options (spring joints for grips)
- Dismemberment based on force not impact (today you need to hit a joint to dismember it). In the new engine you can pull of limbs
- Fully configurable body/joint hierarchy