ES Recruitment Drive
@SLAPPED: Many "real" languages come from the same language. They still are different languages.
Clan Blood Leader
Originally Posted by ToXiKz View Post
C is hardly used. C++ would be a better deal imo. You don't need C to learn C++.

C is still used in most programs, C++ is for noobs. Besides, learn C and you can do C++ easily.
Originally Posted by GRAYgoosey View Post
C is still used in most programs, C++ is for noobs. Besides, learn C and you can do C++ easily.

The only real reason to use C over C++ is if you are updating an already completed or partially complete project. C++ includes everything in C, but C doesn't include everything in C++. I see no reason to use a language when a newer, better version exists.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well

Hell, cobalt is used more then C. C++ is the most reliable.
Hoss.
You _can't_ learn C++ properly without first learning C. The concepts presented in OOP applications of the C++ language are advanced. If you cannot grasp something as simple as C, then you haven't a chance in hell of understanding the inheritance or polymorphism. You must learn to crawl before you walk.

Linus Torvalds on C++
Beat Linus. His point is epic.

Also, C++ is complicated for a beginner, one far too complicated for alot of programmers to program correctly in.
Last edited by GRAYgoosey; Dec 10, 2009 at 11:57 PM.
You _can't_ learn C++ properly without first learning C. The concepts presented in OOP applications of the C++ language are advanced. If you cannot grasp something as simple as C, then you haven't a chance in hell of understanding the inheritance or polymorphism. You must learn to crawl before you walk.

Linus Torvalds on C++
Beat Linus. His point is epic.

Also, C++ is complicated for a beginner, one far too complicated for alot of programmers to program correctly in.

C++ is quite easy, and excuse me for saying this, but if you don't get it the month you start learning it, you are one stupid, stupid mo-fo.
Hoss.
Originally Posted by ToXiKz View Post
C++ is quite easy, and excuse me for saying this, but if you don't get it the month you start learning it, you are one stupid, stupid mo-fo.

Who ever said you are utilizing it correctly? Lol stuckup fail. I learned it in about 2 weeks, but that doesn't mean I got the full idea, or wasn't coding sloppily, if you have been coding for over 10 years and haven't learned something new, then I'm sorry. Before you think I have been coding that long, I haven't, I know many people that have been, and still learn better more efficient ways.
Last edited by GRAYgoosey; Dec 11, 2009 at 12:58 AM.