Ranking
Original Post
+...Bump maps...
Hey I was wondering if the 3.84 update allowed bump maps to work. I was given 10.3k to buy something to remember pestilence by and I wanted to buy a bump map for the shoulder. So I heard some people use bump maps but not so sure. If someone could shed some light on this it would be nice. Thanks - Calebgamb. And yes, I do feel like a noob asking this question.

EDIT: I bought one, thought, oh what the heck. And it didnt show up or I am doing something wrong IF someone could tell me how it would be great...
Last edited by calebgamb; Feb 21, 2010 at 08:48 AM. Reason: fff-
WHERES THE PAPER TOWELS
Bumpmaps are just difficult by nature. You can't expect to just apply an image and have it work. You need to understand how they work and what each element of the image will do to the height field of your bumpmap. If you don't know what to do and how to do it, you image is most likely the problem. Try using a generic googled normal map to see if you get any results.

if that doesn't work, bump maps are probably still getting worked out.
The last I heard Bump maps have not been working for a while. I assume they'll be fixed eventually.
VERY IMPORTANT: THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE. IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME THEN PM ONAMIST.
Originally Posted by SLAPPED View Post
The last I heard Bump maps have not been working for a while. I assume they'll be fixed eventually.

Correct, they're not working at the moment.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Aww awesome man! Do I need a texture [Like tgas you make to style your character] skully?
WHERES THE PAPER TOWELS