Toribash
I'm going to start up a discussion regarding strategy in this game;

In my opinion, the most effective way to consistently win in this game revolves heavily around letting being extremely stealthy & opportunistic, in which the main premise of the tactic is to not compromise your position / take damage and only engage opponents if they engage you first, unless you are certain you'll win the engagement.

Optimally, you'd only need to take one engagement in the entire match, and that's with the final opponent left. The final opponent will most likely at a serious disadvantage at this stage, their position will almost certainly be compromised, along with the possibility of their health and shields being low or depleted. This sets you up perfectly to have a very high chance of winning the entire game, achieved by superior positioning / strategy instead of relying on mechanical skill and raw aim.
Originally Posted by Swaves View Post
I'm going to start up a discussion regarding strategy in this game;

In my opinion, the most effective way to consistently win in this game revolves heavily around letting being extremely stealthy & opportunistic, in which the main premise of the tactic is to not compromise your position / take damage and only engage opponents if they engage you first, unless you are certain you'll win the engagement.

Optimally, you'd only need to take one engagement in the entire match, and that's with the final opponent left. The final opponent will most likely at a serious disadvantage at this stage, their position will almost certainly be compromised, along with the possibility of their health and shields being low or depleted. This sets you up perfectly to have a very high chance of winning the entire game, achieved by superior positioning / strategy instead of relying on mechanical skill and raw aim.

i mean if i see someone in mid-range i'll go for them head on, standing back and being a bitch seems kind of like, y'know being a bitch

and i mean, what are you going to do for the entire match, hide in bushes? the last guy will probabably have snooped you out before he'd even be the last guy, any person in a base would probably do this and also, there'd either be a big building battle or they'd be on their big ass fortified metal base probably drinking something or healing themselves, because out of personal experience, i either have mini shields and bandages / medkits in my inventory or just minishields or medkits, depending on the situation that i have. also, what are you going to do? as they're healing they're looking down onto the ground, so if they see this bush start moving or this one man with a grey assault rifle that has 50 bullets in it starts running for you, first think they'd do is either start rocket spamming or take you out with a scar because they got kills and looted people
Last edited by ancient; Apr 1, 2018 at 04:28 AM.
Hiding in a bush works extremely well until the endgame, then you have to use landmarks as cover and peek using the 3rd camera view to stay hidden.

You can also pick up supply drops & loot from dead opponents and gain materials / weapons that way.
Last edited by Swaves; Apr 1, 2018 at 04:43 AM.
Sounds like you're a pussy. I just go aggro
RelaxAll's Posterboy
RK-MMA
Odlov is my daddy and I love battledome.tbm
Hiding in a bush works extremely well until the endgame

To be honest you do have to kinda be skilled to do this.
If you do hide in a bush, you have to find the perfect time to move from bush to bush HOPING that nobody is smart enough to even realise it.

If you disagree with me, try it, not get seen or get kills until end game when there are no more bushes to hide in!

ALSO... I won my first solo match today, DON'T JUDGE! I just play for fun ;(
Originally Posted by Daeldir View Post
Sounds like you're a pussy. I just go aggro

All aim no brain.

Originally Posted by Bird View Post
To be honest you do have to kinda be skilled to do this.
If you do hide in a bush, you have to find the perfect time to move from bush to bush HOPING that nobody is smart enough to even realise it.

If you disagree with me, try it, not get seen or get kills until end game when there are no more bushes to hide in!

ALSO... I won my first solo match today, DON'T JUDGE! I just play for fun ;(

Congratulations! Were you nervous when it was the 1v1 at the end? How did you manage to emerge victorious?

& yeah, it does take skill to remain out of sight of the enemy at all times, that's the enjoyable part of it for me, the strategical / mindgames part of the game instead of going full rambo mode & just spraying everyone down that you see.
Last edited by Swaves; Apr 1, 2018 at 07:42 AM.
All aim no brain.

Congratulations! Were you nervous when it was the 1v1 at the end? How did you manage to emerge victorious?

& yeah, it does take skill to remain out of sight of the enemy at all times, that's the enjoyable part of it for me, the strategical / mindgames part of the game instead of going full rambo mode & just spraying everyone down that you see.

But my aim removes your brain from the equation
RelaxAll's Posterboy
RK-MMA
Odlov is my daddy and I love battledome.tbm
Can't kill me if you can't find me.

Hmmm, im in my base after killing one guy, now it's just me and someone i can't see. i either place down a jump pad and find you whilst im in the air, or start spraying rocket launchers at bushes or trees because this is a well known strategy that noobs use
-----
You can also pick up supply drops & loot from dead opponents and gain materials / weapons that way.

so you think that no one will pick up loot when they kill someone? all the bullets and resources will be gone, and most likely there will be no scars or purple tacs or whatever shotgun you prefer to use because it would all have been taken .... do you plan on surviving with maybe a green assault rifle or green tac that you can find off a dead guy
Last edited by ancient; Apr 1, 2018 at 03:39 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump