Ranking
Original Post
What about cutting the price down a little for registering clans?
I see this problem going throughout toribash and I would like to know if this should be a solution to a little problem that you might have. Please tell me if you think this is a good idea or not. If not tell me why and I will respond to all of your thoughts.

-snip-
Last edited by Lazors; Mar 30, 2014 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Advertise somewhere else please.
The Smoke Will Never Clear
#LLPS 💙💫
Not supported. It serves as a tc sink, which helps out the toribash economy. It also encourages player to put effort into their clan (10-15k isn't even that much) and actually think before making a clan. Making people pay for tags also encourages new players to come to the forums. Back when I started toribash, anyone could have a tag, even if they weren't really in a clan. Lots of players would form ingame clans only and never once hop on the forums and recruited pretty much anyone. Now, if a new player wants a clan tag and be a part of a group, he needs to go on the forums, which is in my opinion a good thing.
Help Squad | Companions | OFRO
Do you require assistance? PM ME!
Ok hi, thought I'd shed a little light on a few things seeing as clan mod/admin and things.

As pretty much all of you know, and have said, there are a tonne of new clans being created... Can't really say much on that given that I recently founded Tribe, but anyway. A lot of these clans aren't good enough to ever become official in their current state.
Without being mean (or rather, without trying to be mean) most unofficial clans are awful, by general clan standards from back when I joined.
I shan't name names, but too many clans are just being created on a whim.
A lower price will lower the thought behind it.
That is to say, the less one has to spend, the less one will care if it goes wrong.
Given how materialistic this community is (not a bad thing, we have a thriving market scene and such) a material investment and loss of tc if it doesn't work means a higher emotional and time investment. If the price was like 50k to register an unofficial clan, can you imagine how many people would actually do it, and how good the clans would be? No one would want to waste that kind of money.
The reasons the price was raised was to try and get people to think a bit more before creating a clan.
Ask themselves questions like;
Am I ready to lead a clan?
Am I active enough to maintain a clan?
Looking at the current thriving clans, can I do that?
What will make my clan different, and unique?

Too few people are asking themselves these questions and even fewer are doing anything about it, even if they have asked themselves.
The new requirements are there to kick you in the right direction, and the price increase is there to ensure quality.
We're trying to drag your clans to glory whether you like it or not.
Last edited by Erth; Apr 3, 2014 at 06:50 PM.
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
That plan would be better if the price was higher.

15k is pretty much the same as 10k honestly, I don't even see why people are complaining. The amount of shitty clans being made isn't really going to change much considering most people that can make 10k more than likely are capable of making 15k...
#killthatgirl
RIP ROCK09
it would not help much anyway. the average age of players is getting lower and lower up to 10-12 y/o, and i would like to see an actual statistic on new accounts registered based by location on the globe.

anyway as i tried to adress it earlier the reason for all of this is general stagnation in terms of system and internet requirements, so most new folks we are getting are children who play toribash because they can't play anything else because eather their connection is terrific due local internet providers in some areas, or all they have is an antient laptop left to them after their old brother. also and most importantly lack of ANY marketing.

fuck the police