ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[AAAJ] | Aquita's Advanced Aikido Journal
Hello and welcome to my 2ND Aikido Replay Thread!

If you have not yet, check out my first thread where I exhibit real life MMA moves used in the aikido realm: Aquita's MMA Replays

What is this thread: This thread will be a place for me to catalog my developing and mastered aikido techniques and principles which will reflect realism and non-realism moves.

About my play-style: As mentioned I love to implement techniques from real world martial arts such as judo, wrestling, brazilian jiu jitsu.
But there are also dozens of skills used in toribash which simply are not possible in the real world!

The different techniques that I will post are in different stages in development.
So I will use a tag system to exhibit the difference in each post:

[NEW] - Something I have never done before nor have I had any similar experiences. These techniques are not proven to be effective and may have been done by chance.

[STUDY] - After achieving similar replays through live matches or demos I can say there is something there to be studied. Here I will post what basic understandings i have of the move where i maybe taking them next.

[DEVELOPING] - Through repeating success I have reached a good understanding of how to use the technique and it has become a dependable weapon in my arsenal.

[MASTERED] - These techniques I have been using for a long time and I have mastered the mechanics down to each joint. I have had a high rate of success with these moves.

[TOURNEY] - These posts will be from aikido tourneys showing how I play to win.

[MM] - MoveMemory options.

With all that said, for this first post I will not be addressing any technique specifically. Instead I want to walk you through my system of attacks and defenses in this article I named Playing the System.

Playing the System

Attached Images
screenshot-19-00-48-44.bmp (2.27 MB, 97 views)
Last edited by footlox; Feb 14, 2017 at 05:28 PM.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
[MASTERED] - Osoto Gari (Outside Leg Reap)
This is sorta like an NTD and showcase for my own personal style. First official post will come tomorrow.
-----

Osoto Gari

Osoto gari is like an outside trip where I kick past my opponent and then hook my leg into the back others while simultaneously dropping there upper body to the ground.

1) The hard part is getting my leg behind my opponent's leg, but from there I use all the pecs, chest, and my base leg to sweep the leg hard.

2) Sometimes the technique works slowly, where i break the balance and slowly tilt them into the floor.

3) Other times the force is so powerful it knocks them way back.

4) The osoto gari works great off of the kick check option.

5) It also can be set up more dynamically.
Attached Files
judo - osoto gari.rpl (52.1 KB, 14 views)
judo - osoto gari (8).rpl (79.8 KB, 6 views)
judo - osoto gari (10).rpl (41.3 KB, 5 views)
judo - osoto gari (3).rpl (63.4 KB, 5 views)
judo - osoto gari (5).rpl (60.5 KB, 6 views)
Last edited by footlox; Oct 19, 2016 at 07:52 PM.
Toribash Martial Artists
[MM]: A-SAFE CLINCH
Okay i think i'm goind to to take this thread in a slightly new direction, where i will go down the list and evaluate all my move memory options. First one up that follows my _AQUITA_ opener is the Safe Clinch.

A-SAFE CLINCH

This is my default/neutral option that is used in the second turn. It its a very reserved move that acts like a buffer while im still deciding on my game plan.

I usually select this option against a clap, or anytime the Uke tries to grab both hands. I also use this option as a defense against decap attempts because most of my upperbody(neck, chest, shoulders, pecs) are all RELAXED to minimize the damage from an incoming decap punch or grab.

In addition to relaxing, I also remove any contact from the floor. This allows my base to drop which would set me up for strong follow up attacks, grabs, and helps more with the decap defense.

Because this option some-what resembles the original _AQUITA_ opener, i have many options of attack to follow:

A---Footsweep

(click links for replays)

Footsweep - I pull my opponent in and throw a slow sweeping kick to my opponents legs or hips. Its very important my left base-leg is ungrabed and in solid contact with the floor. Once my sweeping leg hits my opponent, I would arm-swap and throw him to my right, over the sweeping leg.

Left Footsweep - As you can see both of my legs are in good positions to fire off a footsweep.

A---SpinDrop is another effective but complex move that will discuss in a future post. The basics of it involves that i spin into my opponent and drop low to set up a hip throw, or sweep. "dropthrow" and "rouxwhip" are sub-options that follow the spindrop.

Leg Grab - Also you see my left arm is slightly bent and in good position to pick his leg for a single leg attack.

Suplex - Also if i plant both feet, grab with both hands and contract elbows im setup to suplex my opponent over my head.

Guard pull - if i dont like any of the above options i can try pulling guard if both paths are clear for my leg hooks and if my posting arm is NOT grabbed.
Attached Thumbnails
SafeClinch1.png   SafeClinch2.png   FootSweep1.png  
Attached Files
judo - footsweep (4).rpl (38.4 KB, 19 views)
demo - drop throw.rpl (33.4 KB, 6 views)
wrestling - driving single.rpl (66.1 KB, 9 views)
Last edited by footlox; Dec 2, 2016 at 06:01 PM.
Toribash Martial Artists
[MM]: A---SpinDrop
The SpinDrop is a move that follows the safeclinch or sometimes a feinted (faked) footsweep.

A---SpinDrop

The two key movements in the spindrop are in the name, spinning into my opponent and dropping my base considerably.

(Post is still under construction)
Attached Files
judo - drop throw (2).rpl (27.6 KB, 8 views)
Last edited by footlox; Dec 7, 2016 at 07:19 PM.
Toribash Martial Artists