Toribash
Original Post
Gliding Effect In Toribash
Hello there.I've been thinking about this for quite some time now, and I feel that now is the time to tell others about my idea.
There can be a way to sort of 'fly' in Toribash, by gliding. Not only will it help players to jump farther distances when parkouring, it also would look very cool, and again, could look like the player is 'flying'.
All you'd have to do is jump, then spread out your limbs like you would in real life. That would generate a 'gliding effect', and would significantly slow down your descent, while letting you stay in the air longer. Generating the gliding effect could be practiced in mods that have you start high in the air. Gliding could be turned on and off using the game rules menu, and still could be canceled while you are currently gliding by tucking limbs in, which would speed up the player's descent and lower air time.
Insert Signature Here
Unfortunately, I don't think something like this could be implemented.

Toribash is a physics based game, and gliding is possible due to air resistance. With the current engine, it'd be impossible to simulate air resistance or flying or anything like that. There isn't anything in place that could work to add a gliding effect on a tori in a match.

As cool as this would be, it wouldn't quite work.

edit: Well, never mind, it appears I'm wrong. Thanks for correcting that, skulfuk. It's possible, but not likely to happen.
Last edited by Kahn; Mar 2, 2017 at 01:23 AM.

Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
Unfortunately, I don't think something like this could be implemented.

Toribash is a physics based game, and gliding is possible due to air resistance. With the current engine, it'd be impossible to simulate air resistance or flying or anything like that. There isn't anything in place that could work to add a gliding effect on a tori in a match.

As cool as this would be, it wouldn't quite work.

I see. You all can still keep this in mind, though. There will be that big day, someday, when Toribash evolves.
Insert Signature Here
This is a physics based fighting game given the tag 'violence evolved'. This is not minecraft. Show me a video of a human just naturally gliding away because their arms are spread out, and maybe this would be supported.

If you are suggesting a wingsuit mod, you're going to want to either play around with the mod maker yourself, or request it here.

Otherwise, Toribash is just not that type of game i'm afraid.
Although I dont like this suggestion or think it will add anything meaningful to the game, your argument doesnt make sense heh, puns.

Lets make our game as realistic as possible he said while weilding tori's several metres hich, capable of lifting cars and literally ripping humans into pieces with ease.

Originally Posted by Kore View Post
Although I dont like this suggestion or think it will add anything meaningful to the game, your argument doesnt make sense heh, puns.

Lets make our game as realistic as possible he said while weilding tori's several metres hich, capable of lifting cars and literally ripping humans into pieces with ease.

I suppose there a line where 'physics based' goes too far based and nothing to do with physics whatsoever. This isnt a hardkore 1-1 physics game, but neither is it a flight simulator.

I think the main point is that this is primarily a fighting game. To add an official 'gliding mechanic' does not honor that at all.
Last edited by Bless; Mar 1, 2017 at 11:25 PM.
You wont find a physics engine for games anywhere that handles air stuff out the box, and TBH it's incredibly easy to do the maths for it; so I've NFI why people say it's not possible.

That doesn't mean it'll ever happen though, and there's a mountain of other things I'd rather the devs prodded before thinking about stuff like this.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you