Ranking
Original Post
Suggested rule change
So currently the way the rule system is set up for rigging, someone could be banned for letting someone decap them in their own private server.

For example, let's say you and your friend make a server. You put 1000k in on accident when you meant to put in 100, so you ask the only person in the server (your friend) to help you get it back, and now lets say someone walks in when he sees you letting your friend decap you to get your tc back, if he reports you, you would be banned the same as someone would be banned for rigging a decapprize in a public bet server.

I for one am upset. If a user makes a private server, they should have the right to do whatever they want in the server, if I would have to kick everyone in that server because they could potentially report me for trying to get back the tc I put in accidentally, then what would be the point of making a private server? Users should have the right to whatever is in that server that they added.

Now just for clarity, i'm not talking about taking the decap when someone else has added in while in the private server, or preventing other users from taking the decap while in the server.
How about separate private servers into certain categories?
We could go a lot more into detail about this but for the sake of getting the point across I will use 2
X servers and Y Servers
X servers are basically events(ex. Tourneys, Betting servers, etc.)
Y servers are private(ex. a group of friends playing)

X servers should uphold all the current rules(ex. Decap rigging=punishment, etc)

Y servers should be more relaxed( getting your tc back from decap when a group of friends is fucking around)

How to differentiate?
I guess create a new command saying something like
/setservertype Event (x)
/setservertype Private (y)
and have servers with x or y types put into a corresponding server list(this could be expanded by having beginner type servers put into a beginner list, auto tourneys in a autotourney list, etc.) they have something like this already to where it will only show official servers by clicking a button.
Last edited by Kirito; Mar 6, 2016 at 12:07 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
Originally Posted by Lazors View Post
So, if I'm opped and want to play with a friend and some people drop in and start adding to the prize, I'd be locked away from kicking everyone and playing with my friend. A possible solution to this would be to lock down betting/DP until OP enables it.

Umm sorry to jump in between you two, but I just wanted to point out that the game does allow for you to 1. Set a password for your server to make it super private with you and your friends and 2. Set a MaxPlayer limit so you can control how many people join.

Saying "what if someone randomly joins and adds to the DP" doesn't affect what Pouffywall said, because the game already has feature in place to stop people from randomly joining if you don't want them to.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •
Umm sorry to jump in between you two, but I just wanted to point out that the game does allow for you to 1. Set a password for your server to make it super private with you and your friends and 2. Set a MaxPlayer limit so you can control how many people join.

Saying "what if someone randomly joins and adds to the DP" doesn't affect what Pouffywall said, because the game already has feature in place to stop people from randomly joining if you don't want them to.

Yes, but I think it would be common with situations where a few friends are playing openly because they don't mind a few extra players. Or they have other reasons for not setting it to private. I think it saves a lot of trouble to start the server with tc-related commands locked down until enabled.
I might be overly skeptical, the way of allowing private rigging if you have support from every contributor seems better than the current rules in itself. I doubt it will stop a lot of incidents though, people probably won't ask and we'll be back at square one with one-month bans for people who don't ask everyone in the room if they can rig.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
if there is a way to find out who added to the decap prize and how much they added you should be able to get the decap prize back no problem as long as you are the only one who adds a significant amount (a significant amount being over 0.5k) but say if the decap prize gets exponentially larger then when the main person added they should not be allowed to get it back
Trying
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
How about separate private servers into certain categories?
We could go a lot more into detail about this but for the sake of getting the point across I will use 2
X servers and Y Servers
X servers are basically events(ex. Tourneys, Betting servers, etc.)
Y servers are private(ex. a group of friends playing)

X servers should uphold all the current rules(ex. Decap rigging=punishment, etc)

Y servers should be more relaxed( getting your tc back from decap when a group of friends is fucking around)

How to differentiate?
I guess create a new command saying something like
/setservertype Event (x)
/setservertype Private (y)
and have servers with x or y types put into a corresponding server list(this could be expanded by having beginner type servers put into a beginner list, auto tourneys in a autotourney list, etc.) they have something like this already to where it will only show official servers by clicking a button.

Well the rules already cover the distinction very well. This function would simply be a way to abuse the system. You could easily use the command to make your server private even though it may very clearly be something we consider public through the rules already (like betting servers).

Originally Posted by SruX View Post
if there is a way to find out who added to the decap prize and how much they added you should be able to get the decap prize back no problem as long as you are the only one who adds a significant amount (a significant amount being over 0.5k) but say if the decap prize gets exponentially larger then when the main person added they should not be allowed to get it back

Hmmm... The second half of your idea would just unnecessarily complicate the rules, and even remove some of the security that a myriad of contributors would bring to a dp. It could very easily be cheated and abused (two guys both add 70k to a dp to nullify the other contributor's claims and then rig it amongst themselves).

that first bit though... A way to list out everyone who has added to a dp would help a shitton with screenshots and logging.

In light of SruX and Lazors' command ideas, how about:

/decapprize off - Disables adding to the dp
/decapprize op - Only ops may add to the dp
/decapprize all - Everyone may add to the dp
/decapprize list - Lists contributors to the dp
Last edited by pouffy; Mar 6, 2016 at 05:32 PM.
I see that making a rule such as no decap rigging ( whatever that is ) is the only way to keep people happy.
But what is decap rigging. Is it when u do a stupid move and u accidentaly get decaped and other people report you? Who makes that call? who can say that u are rigging or now. If it's just a bunch of people's oppinins then i don;t care about this rule.
I mean, how can u tell if there was an actual rigg or not? ( i mean if u see transactions going from player A to player B after a decap is taken with question...then yeah..it's a rig...but if not how can u guys tell is it's a rigg or not?

And if i make my OWN server///Why am not alloed to do what the Fu#k i want in it?
Kick, ban people, make whatever settings i want, change mod from abd to judo if i feel like it, ban people w/o any reason just because it's MY ROOM that I MADE and that I AM IN CHARGE OFF?

If more people join fuck them, it's still my room and i do whatever i please.

But like i said when i started this post, u can;t have betting servers with these rules unless u say that u agree to no decap rigg.

1 more thing. For example:
I make a server.
Somebody joins and adds 1 tc to decap. I can;t ban them if i don;t want them there? Does that 1 tc make it a public server, even if i don;t want any decap in MY room?
So yeah, either make decapprize made at YOUR OWN RISK or have some setting enable/disable decapprize in a room. If u agree and add that 1 SETTING then it means u agree to the global rules about public/private servers.

I FOUND IT.
SOLUTIONS TO THE PROBLEM IS:
/set decapprize 1
/set decapprize 0
1 means u agree to any public rules about your room
0 means u choose to do the fuck u want in that room, but nobody is able to add to decapprize.

AND A CLEAR DECAPPRIZE OPTION. Clears and sends all tc back to people based on a vote or on closing a room and operator leaving the room.
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
To preface this, I personally feel like the 'rigging in private servers' thing doesn't make a lot of sense (Though I can see potential scenarios where it could be an issue [See: User A runs successful betting server, DP gets large, User A calls friend User B up and arranges to rig a decap in order to claim the prize, people get mad, bla bla etcetera]). That said, the fact is that the rules are what they are and my doubts about them don't mean I won't enforce them. Because, you know, that's how rules work.

That doesn't mean the rules can't be changed, though. I suspect one of the reasons behind the rule being as broad as it is was simplicity - it's a lot easier and less conducive to loopholes or weird edge cases when we simply have a rule apply across the board, and this was one of the situations where there initially didn't seem to be too much issue with applying it across the board (Since peoples' TC was in play, and generally that'll tend to transcend any 'private room' stuff).

However, I think the right combination of ingame commands and adjusted policy should pretty well cover any of those edge cases/loopholes. The only real objection I can see to the proposed commands is again a simplicity one - it's generally preferred to have fewer commands, so that someone wanting to hop online and play doesn't have to spend an additional 10 minutes making sure that every single setting is correct. However, if we default to the setting that protects the room owner best (i.e. decap prize off, do whatever the fuck you want) I don't think that objection is too much of an issue.

If we can figure out an ideal set of commands (Right now I like being able to turn it on and off, see contributors, and clearing it - not certain if the op/all distinction proposed by pouffywall is entirely necessary) I'll add it to my list of requested features for the game devs. In terms of the rule itself, it'll either have to stay as it is until the commands are added (See #1 below) or we can talk about changing it so that it works with the current state of things. Obviously, no matter what we end up doing with it, using decap prize as a means to illicitly transfer/'launder' TC is still very much against the rules, but I don't think anyone will disagree with that.

Please note two things:
1. I cannot promise a timeline for when the commands will get added, if at all. I'll put it near the top of the list in terms of priority, but dev is fickle.
2. People who are currently banned for breaking this rule aren't going to be unbanned just because the rule is under discussion (or if they're still banned if/when the rule is changed). Depending on the circumstances we may be willing to reduce their bans, but the fact remains that users are expected to abide by the rules in place. If people disagree with a rule they should bring it up for discussion (As was done here), not break it and then insist that it's unfair.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
My thought process behind the op/all distinction is that the original owners - who will almost surely have op - are able to add to the decapprize, bet, do whatever they want. But other people who randomly join would not be able to anchor themselves to the server by adding to the dp.

Not that I'm not happy with the overall conclusion. This hasn't affected me an awful lot personally, but it's always great to see staff take steps to make sure rules and policy are updated to be a bit more common sense.
referring to my previous post

by default it should be totally for personal use and isn't an event server, once you make it an event server you have to abide by the rules.

personal use servers shouldn't allow betting to take place and other things that occur in event servers.
to host an event you need to change it to an event server.
I kinda got the idea from how the rest of the forum(strict) vs the toriprime subforum(not really that strict) works.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.