ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Referral system
There should be a referral system where you can say who referred you when you sign up and then that player gets 10% of all the tc you win in tournaments.
My way or no way, totalatarian.
first thought that comes to mind is "alts" but that doesn't really apply here as you'd be playing in the tournaments on your alts regardless.

seems like a good idea but typically referal systems go both ways. New users should want a reason to type in their buddies name rather than just signing up (I know people that would do this)

Not sure what the reward could be but eh

The reward for the referrer makes sense in my eyes, because if you make it an item people will make alts. White belts typically aren't very good when they start out, so this also provides an incentive to teach them and help them so they start winning tourneys (i'm aware of how shitty that sounds). %10 of a 750 TC tourney is only 75TC, so its not anything crazy.

An alternative reward would be shiai tokens. That again poses the threat of alts, but I'm sure there's a way around it.
I'm just gamin' man
There was a referral system and i think they shut it down on purpose becouse of alts. I can see no real benefit in this. Not supporting.
A referral system could be a good idea with the right intention to bring new players in. That being said, give us something worth implementing that can't be abused.
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

Originally Posted by TyZi View Post
A referral system could be a good idea with the right intention to bring new players in. That being said, give us something worth implementing that can't be abused.

referrers get a % of the TC the referee buys from store
Originally Posted by Surge View Post
referrers get a % of the TC the referee buys from store

very few people buy TC from the ingame store, and that's an extremely rare occurence
I'm just gamin' man

How about this: referrer gets paid when the referee gets a new belt and it scales as the belt gets higher. Very hard to abuse this.

The referee could also get a bonus when getting a new belt to make it worth while
My way or no way, totalatarian.
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
How about this: referrer gets paid when the referee gets a new belt and it scales as the belt gets higher. Very hard to abuse this.

The referee could also get a bonus when getting a new belt to make it worth while

if its a small bonus, and the rewards start at a higher belt, like brown belt, this could work fine.

Personally I think a shiai token (or a couple) to both users for ever belt reached after brown belt would be a good idea. That way, you have to play at least 500 games to earn a relatively small reward. This would discourage people from making alts. It also provides more rewards if the referee sticks to the game. A couple shiai tokens every 1000 games seems fair to me, especially considering you can get one shiai token every 7 days if you log in daily.
I'm just gamin' man
(...) give us something worth implementing that can't be abused.

The Holiest of Holy Grails:
For real: In order to not be abused, no real gain for the referrer should be obtained.

1. The referrer (you, for example) automatically pays 500TC to this new buddy. This is a complex stand-alone system which isn't my field of expertise, captchas, instant emails, unique links and such, the devs probably know more about that stuff but it has to be safe and non-abusable.
2. The 500TC becomes free-to-spend instantly, not after a belt-restriction as most of my buddies dropped out before trying other mods.
3. For the referrer (you) the TC is basically wasted but a buddy is gained. (And you can still guide the buddy through the forum for the 500TC back.)
4. There may be room for a simple follower-counter or buddy-counter on the forum somewhere, to see how many fake friends somebody made for themselves hehehe.

So, reading between the brackets: you - give him tc - he gives it back or spends it all = no gain, but buddy 4 life gained, theoretically speaking of course... and I guess you could just straight up send 500TC to his newly created account when he tells you his username but this is ez, automatic, fancy, noob-friendly for both new referrers and referals.

Putting it all in context, REAL new players would have the 500TC to use, and alts would just be wasting time shipping it straight back as an extra daily task in the chores they already have. Win-win?
Last edited by Yezpahr; Feb 13, 2018 at 02:57 PM.