Toribash
Original Post
Chat Logging
Today i where scammed. But i have an awesome suggestion to avoid scammers to scam again. I would like to make u a process which. Server will copy the history.log of each player. But making it into private. So Game moderators can only see it.
You can just take screenshots of the chat anyways, so why don't you do that? It's simpler for you to download something to allow you to take screenshots, if you can't already, and use that. Than for you or someone to make it so that the chat logs save. Also, this would requite you to save all the chat and load it and find the specific point you want. Wouldn't this just work in contradictory of what you want? Unless you make it so that it starts on a key command or something I suppose.
wouldnt this be a bit personal
like for example your talking about something youd only want someone to know and a moderator just can see it
besides that would take the fun out of the game i guess
scamming is fun sometimes , you get mixed emotions , obviously its not nice to get scammed but it occupies you for a bit
Originally Posted by EvilTorified View Post
Today i where scammed. But i have an awesome suggestion to avoid scammers to scam again. I would like to make u a process which. Server will copy the history.log of each player. But making it into private. So Game moderators can only see it.

It not a BAD idea but i'm sure that this will never be a thing... since you have the ability to simply take a screenshot and to PM it to a Staff member and that it's personal on some cases and most people just wouldn't want that.
Okay, let's debunk some of the "cons"..

"Shouldn't we have privacy?"
- Discord, Skype, iMessage, Texting, Messenger, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat.. "Privacy" is not Toribash's problem. I would MUCH rather have a way to ALWAYS catch scammers, especially for those new to things like dueling, than my "privacy", that I could obtain by means of other programs/texting applications.

"It takes the fun out of Toribash."
- What? Just what? Being able to catch scammers would take away from the experience? How? "Emotions"? Just what?

Now, here are a few cons I could imagine that are actual problems.
- Possible file size, and the data transfer needed. Think about it; every single time a person types in chat, it needs to send to the server, then to every other player in the lobby, and also downloaded by the server and saved in a nice little text document. I might be wrong, but I feel like this could have an impact on connection speeds, and possibly file size? Probably not, but it's a thought. I suppose if the server can have hundreds of thousands of /custom folders saved, it can manage a text document everyday, though feel free to correct that if I'm wrong.

Pros;
- Catching scammers will be much easier, especially for people who are new to dueling and such and don't know to screenshot.

- Solve a lot of those "THIS STAFF MEMBER SAID THIS TO ME AND I'M OFFENDED" issues that occur from time to time, because we could literally say "Alright, what time and day did this occur?" and just load up the appropriate text file. ("We" being those who would have access to this file, probably higher authority like Lord Master Humper and such)

Supported.
Originally Posted by SkypePro View Post
Okay, let's debunk some of the "cons"..

"Shouldn't we have privacy?"
- Discord, Skype, iMessage, Texting, Messenger, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat.. "Privacy" is not Toribash's problem. I would MUCH rather have a way to ALWAYS catch scammers, especially for those new to things like dueling, than my "privacy", that I could obtain by means of other programs/texting applications.

"It takes the fun out of Toribash."
- What? Just what? Being able to catch scammers would take away from the experience? How? "Emotions"? Just what?

Now, here are a few cons I could imagine that are actual problems.
- Possible file size, and the data transfer needed. Think about it; every single time a person types in chat, it needs to send to the server, then to every other player in the lobby, and also downloaded by the server and saved in a nice little text document. I might be wrong, but I feel like this could have an impact on connection speeds, and possibly file size? Probably not, but it's a thought. I suppose if the server can have hundreds of thousands of /custom folders saved, it can manage a text document everyday, though feel free to correct that if I'm wrong.

Pros;
- Catching scammers will be much easier, especially for people who are new to dueling and such and don't know to screenshot.

- Solve a lot of those "THIS STAFF MEMBER SAID THIS TO ME AND I'M OFFENDED" issues that occur from time to time, because we could literally say "Alright, what time and day did this occur?" and just load up the appropriate text file. ("We" being those who would have access to this file, probably higher authority like Lord Master Humper and such)

Supported.

what i meant by it takes out the fun and emotions is , you have to live through a scam once atleast , because then you will know how to deal with it and stuff .
Keep in mind that we do log everything that's happening in MP rooms. It's just that the log isn't sorted by rooms so using it to solve scams isn't really helpful.
How much dev work would be required to sort the logs by room?
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.
Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
How much dev work would be required to sort the logs by room?

or simply append to the log where the message were sent? Or crosslog where players are @ a certain point in time so that it could be crosslogged?
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!