Toribash
Original Post
Gamemasters are recruiting!

The GameMasters are back again, we are once more looking for a wave of trial GMs to step up and become the smiling face of the Toribash staff

What do GameMasters do?

The primary function of the GameMaster team is to keep the Toribash community entertained. This is done in a variety of ways, most commonly we host in game events such as GMTourneys, GMVictories and GMHotseats. We also regularly host larger scale forum events, for example The Haunted Gauntlet to keep Toribash fresh and exciting.

What does it take to be a GM?

The most important qualities in a GM, which we will be looking for, are enthusiasm, creativity and activity. We are constantly in need of new types of events and competitions to keep the game dynamic and exciting rather than monotonous. The most creative people, the ones who can consistently provide interesting things to present to the community are the ones we want to have on the team. At the same time a level of maturity and reliability is needed, as GMs do have power, we need to be able to trust the people we recruit.

Why be a GameMaster?

Being a GM is one of the most effective ways of benefiting the community, all of us want to see the Toribash community grow and you can play a part in that process simply by doing your job. In hand with this, it is one of the most fun ways you can help the community and as a GM you can have a great sense of satisfaction seeing your performance having a direct influence on how much other players enjoy the game.
There is also a nifty reward system for GMs who are doing well

How do I apply?

Simple! Send a free form application to Erth.
Include your GMT and any languages you are fluent in.
You may also want to use Dargon's tutorial for applying to a staff position.

You have 2 weeks from the date this is posted to send in your applications, then discussion will take an indefinite period of time after that. We don't have a limit on the amount of gamemasters we're looking for either!

Don't post "I applied" or "Good luck guys!" in this thread. Also esports. We don't want any esports you're selling. Feel free to ask us any questions if you need more information. Good luck chaps!

ppssssssssssttttttttt, we're also always looking for more artists and mod makers to help out! They get access to the reward too!
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
Originally Posted by Erth View Post

. Feel free to ask us any questions if you need more information.

Why have so many GMs/staff quit in such a short timespan?
Last edited by cowmeat; Nov 3, 2015 at 01:16 AM.
^ i guess because the job makes they do some overwork at the point they can't constantly keep it and also their life stuff doesn't let they get the enough time for work such as University-School things that makes they get more busy so in a certain moment they just can't have the time to do their work. And many other things.
SWAVES IS THE REAL CHAMP!
Can testify being a GM is really fun and I don't even get paid I'm just the janitor
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
Why have so many GMs/staff quit in such a short timespan?

Just one of those things. People are getting towards the real meaty part of their uni/college life now and priorities tend to lie elsewhere. Many of the GM's that have recently left have been with the team for a long time, too.
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
-_-
my face when you said esports anyways my question:what do you mean specifically about creativity is it more technical or is it just spreading or supporting ideas?
Chab>What a dead game
bgjames1>I like WhiteF719
Quick question, are there any actual requirments? I know you have creativity, maturity, and etc under that little section of the thread, but is there anything actually required that you would look for? Obviously, previous hosted events could better your chances (possibly, I don't actually know), but are you specifically looking for those things when you're recruiting?

Sorry if that sounds odd in any way. Another quick question, is there anything you look down upon, or do you tolerate infractions and bans, as long as they aren't too serious.

Thanks!
I'm just gamin' man
Originally Posted by bgjames1 View Post
-_-
my face when you said esports anyways my question:what do you mean specifically about creativity is it more technical or is it just spreading or supporting ideas?

Creativity refers primarily to the creation of events. We want people who can create innovative and imaginative ideas for events both ingame and forum based that are fun to take part in.

Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
Quick question, are there any actual requirments? I know you have creativity, maturity, and etc under that little section of the thread, but is there anything actually required that you would look for? Obviously, previous hosted events could better your chances (possibly, I don't actually know), but are you specifically looking for those things when you're recruiting?

Sorry if that sounds odd in any way. Another quick question, is there anything you look down upon, or do you tolerate infractions and bans, as long as they aren't too serious.

Thanks!

Past experience is handy but by no stretch is it essential. If you have experience you should let us know, by all means, but if you don't it won't put you at a disadvantage. If you've got some cool ideas for events why not put some of them in your application to show us how well you can formulate an idea and a plan?
Just think about what a gamemaster does and what you would want from one. Someone personable, can get along with a lot of people, can maintain a relaxed tournament environment while keeping everyone in check.
To answer the 2nd part of the question, again, it's pretty logical. Recent infractions and such aren't good because they indicate that you don't know the rules, and we can't expect you to tell others the rules if you can't abide by them yourself. If they're not very recent, then they can be overlooked because people can change and grow up.
We also look at the reason you want the job. If you want the job so you can ban people, not only do we not want you banning people, but this isn't a staff placement that is geared towards discipline. If you're just in it to be popular, also probably not a good thing. I hope that answers the question.
Last edited by Erth; Nov 3, 2015 at 02:34 AM.
She/They