Ranking
Original Post
Losing points in multiplayer
I found something that happens alot to me (once a day at least) and that is very annoying. I'm in a game and winning, suddenly I lose tons of points and the other gains alot of them. I lose the game. When I go into the folders and check the autosave it shows clearly that I win and not the other guy.

What could cause this? It's very annoying to lose this way

[attachment deleted by admin, limit reached]
Re: Losing points in multiplayer
I attached the replay from both me and my opponent to the first post. Mine differs
I was the opponent. It looks like replay files are full of lists of real numbers; shouldn't they be just a set of integers? i.e. the joint options for each player for each round?

yes, 1.95 for both of us.
Actually this has happened to me quite a few times as well. I just thought it was some aspect of multiplayer scoring I didn't understand yet since I'm still relatively new to the game.

edit: Using v1.95 too.
Hi,

This is a bug. I'm trying to pin point why and when it happens. It has something todo with the server score calculations diffing from the client score calculations.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
Hampa
you could have only the server do the score calculations and that would eliminate the discrepancy.