ES Recruitment Drive
Yeah I actually agree with Link here ^

I indeed think that people should have better moves that keeps them perfectly balanced on the ground
The Smoke Will Never Clear
#LLPS 💙💫
I mean like, ABD is so easy to learn, competitive... fun... But other mods are so much more different? Other mods are just so unique and different not everyone can master them. It's like if I said to the Obey clan

We're better than you, war us.

If we had a war in 000skateboard (Yeah that's a mod) And we won, does that make us better? Of course not. There just not good at that.

Did you make this post in 3 minutes? I don't think you looked over the facts.
Check my mixtape here
Selling my Deac here
Most people now do play very cheese-like. I know like back in 2009-2012 is when most people had fun playing tb (i know i joined in 2013 not trying to act all expierienced or anything) but now people cheese all the time. I do agree with DrHax though, if you keep getting beat by a cheese move, learn to counter it and dont just start whining about it. You dont really see poeple duel in mods like wushu, tk, or rk-mma anymore that much or atleast i dont. But people duel in these 3 mods: ABD, boxshu mushu, and lenshu3ng. Wonder why? Because these mods are extremely easy to cheese people in. In ABD theres snapkicks, kicklifts, podding, pointholding, decap opening, lifting, shoveling etc. But trust me its not hard to counter these moves. Duelers just get graat at cheesing then find people who dont know how to counter cheese moves and make money off them. Then some of those duelers can rack up millions of TC, sell it, buy a booster, farm off the booster, then rack up even more tc, then sell that, buy a better booster, and keep the cycle going until they get to an OP booster and can basically farm irl money. And alot of duels these days are in boxshu mushu. All the mod is is cheesing. All people do is rush, pointhold, get lucky, skeet, etc. And in this mod, its very hard to counter people who are amazing cheesers. If you can get great at that mod, you're set. And lenshu3ng, this is the mod you'll need the most skill in to play (out of the 3 mods) You need to know how to comeback, get points, and block, etc. But every mod has their cheese moves, you can run, rush, pointhold, etc. in lenshu.
I see people dueling 100k-500k sometimes in duelmode. Thats about 12-60+ USD per duel. And all they do is cheese. I really dont blame them if theyre risking that much. But it would be better to see it be played without cheeses. Ive cheesed before myself quite a bit and i still do it sometimes so im not perfect or anything. This is just my 2 cents on the topic.
w
Fade, you're mostly talking about cheesing and stuff. I think that's enough talking about that and DrHax was not talking about cheesing at all. Can you tell me where cheesing is located in this topic?
#LLPS 💙💫
Its a process of evolution really.
People say ABD was better back in 'the day'. What they really mean is that there was no metagame and people had to improv a lot of stuff.
So yes, ABD is not what it used to be. Is it worse? No.

Look at League of Legends. 'Back in the day', everyone played adc on all lanes or whatever, because nobody knew how to play efficiently. Over time, through natural selection, the current meta evolved and dominated.
You don't have to follow the meta, but if you don't you will probably lose.
This also makes you wonder why people complain about meta so much: if they really wanted to win they'd adhere to it or develop it. Otherwise why the hell are you moaning?

Returning to the original posts question: are there better mods which have less cheesing?
The answer is no, every mod has cheese, because natural selection develops its own metagame. When two players are playing to win, the winner shouldn't be abused for using a cheap move. It's not like the other guy somehow started the match with a special rule from hampa saying he can't kick or rush or run or whatever it was that lost him the match.

In my opinion nograb mods are actually worse because there is no effective counterplay to a run + camp strategy; its a stagnant meta, there's no room for competitive development. That's why I always want new features to be added to this game, I enjoy seeing metas develop and change over time.

-----

Actually speaking about metas and ABD, I personally think the ABD meta is the best from all the 'popular' mods. There is actually no opener or move that doesn't have at least one counter. If you can think of one, tell me please.
Last edited by Fear; Sep 3, 2014 at 01:15 AM.
i agree rk-mma would be a better mod for clan wars and stuff because it takes more skill kinda in way it just does because you cant headbutt someone that far away or hit them on first turn and mess up their opener
Originally Posted by RoBoMohawk View Post
i agree rk-mma would be a better mod for clan wars and stuff because it takes more skill kinda in way it just does because you cant headbutt someone that far away or hit them on first turn and mess up their opener

No, I really don't agree on doing this. I do not want ABD to change into some rk-mma stuff, No need for that. I like the way ABD is and if you dislike ABD there are plenty mods like it, go check those out. If you actually like rk-mma go for it. No need for a change to ABD at all, that's all I'm saying here.

ABD is a mod I actually like and if people don't care how ABD is, it shouldn't matter on there opinions that ABD should actually change to something big. No, players wouldn't prefer it on that stance because progress is made by fighting. Balancing is actually something that should be the game and ABD has a good strategy of making that happen.

Aikido is another big step in this league as well of course. Accept a lot of players take ABD to another level, as DrHax explained in the first page of this thread. I think ABD is what it is to be. Now it is better if we had no changes in ABD at all.
#LLPS 💙💫
Can someone explain why playing to simply win is so wrong?

As I've seen it, most mods favour just going for the win, no matter in which fashion you pursue it. In ABD and most other mods, damage based charges is a valid way to go for the win, as it turns out it often produces over a 50% win rate when applied correctly.

Most of the arguments here re of the kind "I can't win against it, therefore its boring" or "Occasionally i flat our lose to headbutts because my pecs gives way, which is boring".

Perhaps it is time to accept that playing for the win is just as valid of a choice in toribash as it is in any other games, and being on a "aggro" plan works in most games, with the exception that in toribash, people seem to fail to defend themselves when it is executed properly...

/rant
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Originally Posted by Fade View Post
Most people now do play very cheese-like. I know like back in 2009-2012 is when most people had fun playing tb (i know i joined in 2013 not trying to act all expierienced or anything) but now people cheese all the time. I do agree with DrHax though, if you keep getting beat by a cheese move, learn to counter it and dont just start whining about it. You dont really see poeple duel in mods like wushu, tk, or rk-mma anymore that much or atleast i dont. But people duel in these 3 mods: ABD, boxshu mushu, and lenshu3ng. Wonder why? Because these mods are extremely easy to cheese people in. In ABD theres snapkicks, kicklifts, podding, pointholding, decap opening, lifting, shoveling etc. But trust me its not hard to counter these moves. Duelers just get graat at cheesing then find people who dont know how to counter cheese moves and make money off them. Then some of those duelers can rack up millions of TC, sell it, buy a booster, farm off the booster, then rack up even more tc, then sell that, buy a better booster, and keep the cycle going until they get to an OP booster and can basically farm irl money. And alot of duels these days are in boxshu mushu. All the mod is is cheesing. All people do is rush, pointhold, get lucky, skeet, etc. And in this mod, its very hard to counter people who are amazing cheesers. If you can get great at that mod, you're set. And lenshu3ng, this is the mod you'll need the most skill in to play (out of the 3 mods) You need to know how to comeback, get points, and block, etc. But every mod has their cheese moves, you can run, rush, pointhold, etc. in lenshu.
I see people dueling 100k-500k sometimes in duelmode. Thats about 12-60+ USD per duel. And all they do is cheese. I really dont blame them if theyre risking that much. But it would be better to see it be played without cheeses. Ive cheesed before myself quite a bit and i still do it sometimes so im not perfect or anything. This is just my 2 cents on the topic.

everytime I dueled you said that mod is shit.Worst post in this thread...
My zoo:Vog-dog,kat-cat,Matt76-brother,tman-tbitch,iRookie-lesbian,RKG-erky,brigada-bitch-X.