Ranking
Original Post
Random Freezes & BSOD
Since i've changed my MOBA and CPU, i'm having some troubles with my computer
Basically what happens is... it just freezes and does some random sounds or even shows me a BSOD(Not a specific error, some errors have shown more than once but most of the time they are different)
So yeah, this is my build:
  • Gigabyte FXA990-UD3 Rev. 4
  • AMD FX 8350
  • Sapphire HD7870 GHz Edition
  • 16GB Generic Ram
  • 2x Barracuda 500gb
  • 600w Bluecase
  • PCYes Bizon Red(6 Fans, 2 frontal and 1 bottom putting air in and 1 back + 2 top getting rid of hot air)
Does anyone knows what maybe causing those crashes? Mostly of them happens when i'm playing any kind of games, it crashes more when playing Dota2 than MGSV, what makes it more strange.

Thanks in advance
Originally Posted by cocacobra View Post
could be overheating and, do you have a heatsink for your CPU? could be your wiring

Actually yes, when it started doing this i've taken it to a "technician", he changed the cpu heatsink(i was using the default one), it helped since before that i couldn't use the computer even without games running.
I'm also thinking that the problem is overheat but i don't know what to change anymore, just switched cases but it didn't solve the problem

Btw, just got this error in BSOD "Bad Pool Header"
Originally Posted by Iraven19 View Post
Actually yes, when it started doing this i've taken it to a "technician", he changed the cpu heatsink(i was using the default one), it helped since before that i couldn't use the computer even without games running.
I'm also thinking that the problem is overheat but i don't know what to change anymore, just switched cases but it didn't solve the problem

Btw, just got this error in BSOD "Bad Pool Header"

Sounds like driver issues. Are all of your drivers up to date?
Well if you are getting multiple errors then yeah overheating is likely the cause, monitor your temps and see how hot they are getting when you BSOD. A bad pool header error for example is to do with memory allocation, and couldn't be caused by drivers. It's unlikely that you are seeing multiple sources of BSOD, so investigating heat is probably the most logical.

You should also read this thread: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help...tructions.html
And follow it, there are dedicated forums that are very efficient for solving this kind of problem, they will be much better than a toribash forums lol.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by Kyure View Post
Sounds like driver issues. Are all of your drivers up to date?

Yep
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
Well if you are getting multiple errors then yeah overheating is likely the cause, monitor your temps and see how hot they are getting when you BSOD. A bad pool header error for example is to do with memory allocation, and couldn't be caused by drivers. It's unlikely that you are seeing multiple sources of BSOD, so investigating heat is probably the most logical.

You should also read this thread: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help...tructions.html
And follow it, there are dedicated forums that are very efficient for solving this kind of problem, they will be much better than a toribash forums lol.

Hmm, i'll use a stress test and monitor the temps, if that's the problem i'll get a new cpu heatsink since mine is a little "weak"
Also thanks for the tip, if i can't fix it i'll ask them for help
"Bad Pool Header" is a generic memory issue, it could be any number of things from drivers, a bad system file, a busted RAM controller in the CPU... You get the idea.

First thing I'd do is run a RAM check, especially if you're using generic RAM since quality control on them can be pretty bad. Give this a run but be aware it'll take a long time with 16GB (grab an ISO and either bung it on a disk or USB stick)

You could also hit the windows event viewer after it happens, there'll be a log with more details if it's not a hardware issue.

Also if your heatsink is crap do like they said and get it a better cooler ASAP.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you