Ranking
Original Post
Rule against similar clan names
We know that having similar names to staff is bannable offence and forbidden.
But there is no such rule against having similar names with clans. So anybody can create a clan like Aipha with capital i, or flow woth o instead of 0, or fi0w or fiow with capital i...h4ck, etc.
I think this is nust wrong and nobody wants to see this happen. A rule against it is welcomed.

You can hogg all names similar to your name with alts...but you cand protect youself from this as a clan.

I propose that clan mods think about this and give a resonable feedback.
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
I like your point sub but if im allowed to ask, what do you mean by higher standard for those clans?
Basically we're holding them to a higher standard then a default clan since they're currently controversial. We figure that if a clan really wants a similar name at the current time they need to work for it. Most clans created now-a-days have a one sentence story and the goals for every clan is the same. So a clan with a similar name first and foremost really needs to try hard.

If they're willing to put in the extra time when we ask them its less likely that they are a clan made to harm another clan.
Last edited by Submerge; Mar 26, 2018 at 10:39 PM.
[JollyR] [Ct] |Event Squad| (Au) [xp]
Pill || Calamity || Dropkick || Jere
I find this a decent resolution
A shitty clan wont last anyway. And a troll clan should be shut down. A good serious clan will pick a original name to begin with because thats the point of clans. To create a smaller comunity of players, that want to be different and do their own thing
Last edited by Insanity; Mar 28, 2018 at 07:55 AM.
Pm me for deals
Why would someone want his/her clan to be named A1pha if theyre not impersonating Alpha? Is there a legitimate reason behind that? I doubt it. Anyone could make up a good clan story anytime. My question here is that am I allowed to get the name "0rko" or "Swex"?

If clans with similar names are allowed, then I myself dont see a reason why similar account names would be forbidden.
Note that similar usernames are not forbidden what so ever you could have the name 0rko or S1r (but technically S1r is 3 letters so you cant have it) you can just not impersonate the staff member.

Not to mention that the new Flow is already dead at this point.

And let’s not miss the most important point I’ve made, every other community doesn’t bother with similar names and no one cares, what makes us so special that we need to copyright names.
Last edited by Submerge; Mar 28, 2018 at 06:46 PM.
[JollyR] [Ct] |Event Squad| (Au) [xp]
Pill || Calamity || Dropkick || Jere
Besides that almost every variation of somewhat famous people names are already taken and someone made an alt with that name at some point.
Pm me for deals