Ranking
Original Post
What PSU do I need?
I am planning on building a computer for workstation and gaming uses.
It will have:
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 950
1 TB HD
GigaByte GA-78LMT-USB3 MoBo
AMD FX 6350
8 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

I have a 430 PSU picked out and it has all of the necessary power cables, but will I need a 450W or 500W?
no, its fine.
Got any problems or questions about computers or any other tech?Feel free to PM me any time. Lmod for Computer/Mobile Chat
Originally Posted by dddcrazy12 View Post
Okay thanks dude.
Also, will this be able to run just cause 3?

Possibly if you lower your settings.
just a tip anything under 600W wont run that pc
my recommendation is to get a 750W
which is what i have and i play all games on high at 100Fps
with a gtx 760
i-5 3.4ghz
8gb ram
corsair 750W psu
asus motherboard
6 fans

Please don't mislead people. This is entirely incorrect.
~Kyure
Last edited by Kyure; Dec 3, 2015 at 11:53 PM.
I still take texture requests for usd
Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
with a gtx 760
i-5 3.4ghz
8gb ram
corsair 750W psu
asus motherboard
6 fans

Now this is some shitposting at its finest. My gpu draws 60W more than yours and runs with 530W. Magic?
Got any problems or questions about computers or any other tech?Feel free to PM me any time. Lmod for Computer/Mobile Chat
with a gtx 760
i-5 3.4ghz
8gb ram
corsair 750W psu
asus motherboard
6 fans

Please don't mislead people. This is entirely incorrect.
~Kyure

Going to disprove this whole post instead of deleting it.

Saying anything under 600W won't run the system. lol

Saying a 760 runs every game on high. l o l
I agree completely.
For 1: My current PC has a 430w psu and it runs fine even when I'm over clocking. But it has a GTX 660 and I want to get a whole different setup cus why the hell not. I was only wondering if I could use the psu I currently have. It has the connectors that I need.
At least now I know not to go to you for advice on PC related topics.
How Much Power Do You Need?

Each power supply has a certain wattage based on their maximum output power. Common wattages range from 300W to 500W, although for a high-end gaming power supply wattages of 600W, 700W, and even 800W are common. Some units even go up to 1 kW of wattage, but this amount of power isn't neccessary for normal users.

For a typical gaming computer I would recommend at least 500W of power, although you may need more or less depending on your system. Note that even if a certain component lists its required wattage, it won't necessarily use that amount of power.

http://www.build-gaming-computers.co...er-supply.html

kk look up all the parts of the pc look at all the watts and try to tell me that again
and im sorry you like to disapprove my post with no content to back up(the pictures you linked arnt of my gpu good job) what you say that is shit posting at its finest

also you cant disprove what i said about my own pc i dont think you know this but a gtx 760 is better then a gtx 950

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare...760/3510vs2159

by your responce i dont feel you know too much about computors

i can stream watch a movie listen to music and play anygame i want on high GG my friends also bad mod skills
I still take texture requests for usd
http://www.build-gaming-computers.co...er-supply.html

kk look up all the parts of the pc look at all the watts and try to tell me that again
and im sorry you like to disapprove my post with no content to back up(the pictures you linked arnt of my gpu good job) what you say that is shit posting at its finest

also you cant disprove what i said about my own pc i dont think you know this but a gtx 760 is better then a gtx 950

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare...760/3510vs2159

by your responce i dont feel you know too much about computors

i can stream watch a movie listen to music and play anygame i want on high GG my friends also bad mod skills

1. The part that draws the most wattage (Almost 99% of the time) from a PC is the GPU, in this case the 750ti which draws only 60W at it's peak, meaning that in total, the system will draw probably under 150-200W. I don't why the hell you think he needs 600W, because even my system doesn't need 600W, and I have SLI 980s. Do I want a little extra space? Sure. But not 500W extra, that is just a waste of money.

2. I linked benchmarks of either the 760 or GPUs that are MORE powerful than the 760 that still get under 60fps. You can clearly extrapolate that therefore the 760 is going to run even worse than those cards.

3. Never use userbenchmark again. Thanks.

4. Being able to watch a TV show, listen to music and play a game is really not that hard. It isn't 2003.

Please make sure you do some research on this topic before posting completely incorrect information on here.

Thanks.