Ranking
Taught me to speak, write and form better sentences in English. Marketing, digital art etc.
Well, for one, it taught me that regardless of what you may think, your demeanour WILL change a LOT when you gain just a few years upon your butt. Especially when you're like me and joined the forum while being 14 years old, then stick around for the next 6 years. It's quite fascinating (and embarassing) to look at ones posts from back then, because at that time, it didn't feel wrong to post like that. :U (IS THERE REALLY SUCH A THING AS MATURING WITH AGE?)

Also, it taught me that, with enough time and dedication, even an absent-minded schlub like me can get pretty ok at something (something which, neatly enough, seems to be working for other things as well), so PATIENCE IS KEY. Unfortunately, this patience typically requires a strong and lingering interest from my side, which is moderately rare.

And, although not restricted to the Toribash forums, i've learned that people CAN stand being around the actual me for more than two seconds. That's kind of a really big deal for me, because putting up an apathetic facade just to avoid getting overly mocked is pretty balls.

also it taught me that walking is really fucking hard and that it's no bloody wonder it takes a year or two for a human to learn
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
Originally Posted by shook View Post
also it taught me that walking is really fucking hard and that it's no bloody wonder it takes a year or two for a human to learn

Quoted for maximum truth. It amazes me more each day now that I'm realizing the amount of muscles that are coordinated for each movement, the way joints work and overall complexity of the body.

But honestly I found a lot of common points with shookman's dissertation. It's pretty hilarious to have this as a kind of record of who you were 5 years ago and see how much you changed.
From the english boost, general fun times, toleration of a challenging learning curve, learning that online friends are an actual thing and how that kind of social interaction works, I've got to admit that Toribash was the game that marked my teen years the most (even though I'm still on my last "teen year").
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.
I've got to admit, I've found that in Toribash, learning how to do things that I can do easily in real life, is at least ten times as hard. Since my number one hobby is parkour, I've been doing it for a while now I actually thought that it would be easy to implement that into Toribash. As it turns out I was very wrong, even by playing for less then a year, it's helped me with my understanding of how important each joint in your body is. Not only is your elbow used to bend, made me realize how when your arms are extended outwards, your momentum is reduced, when you're tucked into a tight position their is less frictional force on your body, thus increasing your momentum. That helped me a lot with my parkour, and acing science last year. Not to mention it made me realize that nothing is impossible, so long as you believe that you can do it, that singular idea got me hooked on Toribash. Realizing just at this moment how much this game, which I found entirely by accident has probably changed my entire life. Without it, I would have never learned that making and keeping friendships isn't just about having lots in common, but that you actually have to spend time with them, get to know them, and most importantly manage to get along with them to some degree. That made me realize that having shit tons of friends and being popular doesn't really matter. Having friends who understand you, care about you, and whom you generally get along with is better then having hundreds of people who don't care about your problems, and only like you because you're hot, or do weed or some shit like that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
It taught me that people named Zayex are horrible people.
It also taught me not to choose usernames like this
God the puns.
wow that
sucked
I taught me that I am way too lazy to go into detail.
[TPO][OSG][ARA][Zero]
"and I have tons of friends" Deakster/Dickmaniac/Deak
It introduced me to GIMP because I wasn't so good at actually playing in my early days and had to resort to cheap texture making. But now the knowledge I gained from that helps me in my daily editing in photoshop.
Dose is dead.
Never judge a book by its cover, because Toribash looked boring as shit when I saw my friend play it.
piratez
It taught me how to negotiate better, with my Jedi powers.
Virus: Son | ImVeryBlue: Husband | Creati0n: Wife
WE'RE A HAPPY FAMILY