Toribash
If you want to explore new cultural lows, check out Tenshi no 3P.

[re] | #Polska
qui hic minxerit aut cacaverit, habeat deos superos et inferos iratos
Valerian - 6/10. I'm not familiar with the source material so I rate it as a stand alone, not an adaptation.
+ really cool world
+ good visuals
+ Cara Delevingne is qt
- Dane DeHaan can't play action hero for shit
- Plot is underwhelming
- Main villain is retarded
- editing sucks, there are dozens of bad transitions between scenes, it feels like if it was badly put together from a longer material
- it's too long, 2h and 17 minutes, it kept me entertained for maybe half of that time
- ending sucks ass
retired
I've just watched Kurosawa's Ikiru (To Live) and it was absolutely amazing. I recommend it to anybody who hasn't seen it yet, but do pick appropriate time to watch it, it's a rather sad, serious and thought-provoking movie.

[re] | #Polska
I've recently watched the David's Productions adaptations of Jojo's Bizzare Adventure, up to the end of Stardust Crusaders. Holy shit these are awesome and it is almost regrettable I'm watching them so late. I recommend them heartily, it's just pure excellence.

[re] | #Polska
since I got netflix now, I'm watching various shit because why not
got through the 3 seasons of Hannibal recently, not a bad series, I liked Mikkelsen as Lecter but the whole gimmick with Will Graham being almost a superpowered detective annoyed the hell out of me. 7/10
now I'm watching the 3rd season of Narcos, it's good.
retired
watched perfect blue today, good shit. satoshi kon knows how to surprise. the very last scene triggered my autism to the point of questioning the whole movie from the beginning to the end, might watch it again later to looks for some things I might have missed :^)
retired
Yep, Perfect Blue is pretty much my favorite from Satoshi Kon.

Recently finished the latest JoJo adaptation, not gonna pick up manga just yet, hoping for next adaptation to come and I still have a ton of other backlog.

Currently watching .hack/Sign, it' ok, a bit boring pacing at times; excellent soundtrack though.

[re] | #Polska
blade runner 2k49

okay, it's a good film, nowhere near as good as the first one but it still okay. It's around 3 hours long and at times you can sense it - some parts were almost boring, especially around the end of the first hour. There are some good shots, especially in the second half - first one feels somewhat underwhelming at times, I wish there were more shots of the city at night from the ground level. The story is ok-ish and works as a sequel - I hoped for something more but what is presented makes sense. I generally dislike Gosling but he does his part relatively well here. Ford is great, I wish there was more of him - his current ,,I don't give a fuck, just give me my paycheck" vibe works here really well, unlike in TFA. Music is forgettable - it sets the mood nicely but there really isn't anything worth gasping over. Well, maybe except those awful nolan-esque loud farts that can be heard few times but eh, pretty much every movie uses them now.

All in all, solid 8/10.
retired
last jedi 8/10

it's fine

+ some great shots and visuals (I know what I want for my new desktop wallpaper already)
+ some good scenes that made me properly excited
+/- I'm not sure how I like this version of old Luke, but there is quite a bit of Mark in this film and I fucking adore him
+ general nostalgia and a lot of callbacks to previous films, maybe even slightly too much
+ some bait and switches - got surprised few times
- pacing. I don't mind long films, but there are too many climaxes in this one, the last hour is basically one climax after another, I thought the movie ended like 6 times before it actually did
- one fucking awful scene with Leia
- some plot points and some character development (Rey is expended a bit but still a fucking Mary Sue)
- bit too many quips
retired
>henry cavill as geralt for witcher netflix series

top wew, can't really imagine him in that role but we'll see, at least there seems to be a decent budget behind it if they're pulling him in.
retired