ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Tekken mods
Yoshimitsumod.tbm was my first mod, just so you know.

please, if you load a mod, comment on it, it's frustrating to see the loads go up but the thread go down in the forum.

comments and constructive critisism are very welcome, but...
1. Be specific, don't just say it sucks, it's no use for me knowing you don't like it, i wanna know what's wrong
2. Behave yourself, it's offensive and doesn't make me read the comment any more, on the contrary, rather
3. Don't moan about the DQ problem in Kunimitsumod.tbm and Yoshimitsumod.tbm, it's a bug. if you have a solution for the problem, though, you're very welcome to post it (see additional info at page 2). also read the first post (the one you're reding right now) before complaining about something, it might be explained there.

So, the mods will be about charachters from the legendary game series from Namco; Tekken (the iron fist). I don't know a lot of the story of all the charachters, so corrections and/or additions are welcome.

Yoshimitsumod.tbm:
trivia: Master of the Manji Clan. Yoshimitsu is also the only character that's been featured in each part of the game. he's also featured in all 3 Soul Calibur games (thanks Mr.Poptart). The funny thing is that his outfit has been more or less different in each game. He lost a hand in an ambush and hence has a mechanized prostetic with a 360 degrees spinning wrist. He also seems to have an extraordinarily rotatable midsection, but i didn't put that in the mod.

Main features:

detachable sword (begins in the left hand, can be used in either hand or thrown)
fencing left wrist (to rip the hand off and for fencing-ish moves)
rotating right wrist (for yoshimitsu copter moves or instant DM)
strong right arm (cuz he's got a mechanized rightie prostetic)

Notes:

the sword is made of your left foot. The foot is replaced with the shin of the same side leg, so he won't be like a kitten with no toes.

the sword is in your left hand because the right wrist is spinny, so it couldn't rip the sword off, and the fencing wrist is more usefull for slashing anyways. so it's not (only) for consistency with the rest of the single sword mods of the game

in this mod you have to rip the sword off yourself. by raising shoulder and contracting wrist it takes 5 frames.

try to avoid turning the left (fencing) wrist between the two extremes too fast, since it has to be strong enough to deattach the sword, it's also strong enough to rip itself off.

preferred settings:

dismem: ON (required)
treshold: 100 (lower and u rip ur foot off with the sword, higher and u're stuck with a sword in midair)

frac: not recommended (probs would frac the wrist when spinning or trying to rip off the sword)
treshold: go crazy

DQ: NO (the left foot's the shin, that'd dq the first frame, read above for extra info)

distance: go crazy (the ones i've tried are 100 and 200, both work well... tho closer than 100 would probs immobilize the sword)

multiplayer notes: if preferred, you can set the first turn to 5 frames, so the actual match begins from the point where both have swords detached

current version: 1.3

Kunimitsumod.tbm
trivia: donno much about her, but i'll tell what i do know. Her name means "Cat demon", and she wears a matching mask in the games. she's only featured in the earlier games and the newest one. she's a member of the clan (Manji Clan) that Yoshimitsu is master of. she rebelled against her kin and tried to steal his master's sword

Main features:

detachable dagger (begins from the left hand, in stabbing position (below). refer to yoshimitsumod.tbm for additional info)
fencing wrists (bigger range than Yoshimitsu's left, for moves better suitable for a dagger)
all joints speeded (she's agile)

notes:

A special thank-you to Yunn, the maker of girlfight.tbm, shich this is built on, all credit for that to him.

the dagger is made from the left foot, refer to above.

the dagger detaches itself automatically! don't limp for the first frame/turn and then hold all, you'll explode. Adding force to the left ankle (especially extending) is not recommended, the results are very unpredictable. remember to grab the dagger, since her fists are smaller

the dagger is in the left hand so that she won't have too big an advantage agaisnt Yoshimitsu in YoshimitsuVSKunimitsu.tbm, and for consistency with the rest of the mods with only one sword.

her shoulders are speeded more than the rest of her joints, for more realistic and effective stabbing.

i got this ready and posted on my birthday! (16.10.)

preferred settings:

refer to Yoshimitsumod.tbm (you may experiment with range, though, since the dagger is shorter)

multiplayer notes: refer to yoshimitsumod.tbm

current version:1.0

KunimitsuVSYoshimitsu.tbm
trivia: this fight actually happened on the Tekken storyline. I don't know the details, though.

Main features:

Kunimitsu as Uke (challenger) (refer to above)
Yoshimitsu as Tori (defender) (refer to above)

notes:

Kunimitsu is Uke, because she can get her instagib piece off faster. she's also more agile and more prone to getting a crazy dismem streak. she's also less prone to breakage of wirsts, since her dagger weights less than Yoshimitsu's sword.

the instagib parts must be in the same hands so that it's harder to cleave off the opponent's instagib weapon right away

Preferred settings:

refer to Yoshimitsumod.tbm above.

multiplayer notes: first turn should be 1, since more changes kunimitsu's position too much. the next should be 4, so she won't get too big an advantage. the distance should be more than 100, so that neither have a direct hit in the beginning, and Kunimitsu can't get a DM streak on too early on.

current version: 1.0

Jack mod:
I won't be able to properly start working on this one before the separate joint dmtresholds and/or an anti-dm or anti-intagib flag is realeased. i might make the structure of the toribashians, but i won't post that here.

roger/alex mod
Trivia: i don't know much about these guys and that little is based on wikipedia, so i'd hugely appreciate someone posting me trivia about them.

main features

the players are smaller and slightly crouched.
the fists are spheres (no, they are not steel)
the elbow is slightly stronger
the abs are slightly stronger and flex more backwards.
the feet are steel to increase stability

notes

i think this is the first new non-environment mod after environment modding was released... not sure though.

you can throw crazy punches (like the one in rogerdemo.rpl), that might dismem uke from the peck, shoulder, or even decap him or rip both arms off... or all three together! not in "features", since this is actually something i put the features in for.

preferred settings

whatever you like! there are no instagib parts or anything else complicated, the players are just slighly modified for boxing and to ne more kangaroo-shaped (roger is a boxing kangaroo... or a rather a kangaroo with boxing gloves that practises "commando wrestling"... that's based on wikipedia)

multiplayer notes:none

current version: 1.0

Pi Qua Quan mod
this will be my next project. Pi Qua Quan (if i wrote it properly) is the fighting style of xiaoyu (hope i wrote that one correctly too). in the mod, i will keep the toribashians notmal, but try to replicate the movements by modding gravity and joint velocities and forces, possibly axis and range too.

NOTE: the screenshots have one or both players in the position when the game technically begins for them (weapon deattached, if there is one).
Attached Images
yoshimitsu.JPG (46.6 KB, 189 views)
kunimitsu.JPG (44.7 KB, 70 views)
kunimitsuvsyoshimitsu.JPG (38.1 KB, 58 views)
roger.JPG (37.4 KB, 22 views)
Attached Files
demonstration.rpl (44.8 KB, 58 views)
yoshimitsumod.tbm (619 Bytes, 37 views)
kunimitsumod.tbm (3.7 KB, 23 views)
KunimitsuVSYoshimitsu.tbm (4.0 KB, 29 views)
rogerdemo.rpl (33.3 KB, 7 views)
rogermod.tbm (1.9 KB, 10 views)
Last edited by Archlurps; Nov 12, 2007 at 03:22 PM. Reason: rogermod.tbm
I refuse to grab.
-
Like CnC? Most people do. Be a dear and spread the love!
it dont look bad other then its a txt fix that up and it may b gd
Last edited by cabose; Oct 13, 2007 at 04:55 PM. Reason: err oops
Originally Posted by Dexter
if god is with me and if i belived in god and im sure he is in the room with me, i just wish he brought a extention cord

yeh, i know... it does work ok as txt... but i'll try in a while

EDIT: fixed
Last edited by Archlurps; Oct 13, 2007 at 05:13 PM.
I refuse to grab.
-
my holdableswordmod2.tbm was actualy made with the left foot >.<
pretty good for a first mod, i used range, strangth and veloctiy to get the foot off for me, i found it to hard to try to get the foot off with force.
yoshimitsu was also in all 3 soul calibers
Last edited by MrPoptart; Oct 13, 2007 at 06:02 PM.
soz... it's just such a logical choice! i didn't do it on purpose, i honestly had forgotten at the time. I have to admit, the whole idea for this mod came when messing around with "messingaroundwithrange". the detachable sword was a must, cuz the thing i wanted a rotating wrist for was instant(ish) dm, but cuz i knew that u and many other ppl wouldn't look too kindly (well for a good reason) on just a rotating wrist mod, which is propably on laready anyways, i decided i gotta do something more and better... and i did. so the sword had to be detacheable to be able to BOTH perform copter moves AND use instant rotary DM

did you replace the stub with the shin, though?

o yeh, i also found it too hard to get ONLY the foot off with force, so i gave up. nearly gave up on wrenching it off myself, too, cuz using only the wrist DM's the elbow too... only then did i think of raising the shoulder. what do you think of my solution?

EDIT: ty for merging the posts... i wrote the later one in a hurry, didn't think of editing the first
Last edited by Archlurps; Oct 13, 2007 at 06:23 PM.
I refuse to grab.
-
thanks, ConixNonimus. Yoshimitsu hasn't been my favourite chatachter for a long time, but he is one of my 2nd favourites. right now i like king the most. i donno bout the other parts, but in tekken4 his attacks are so logically placed around the pad... all those that prep the punch come from back arrows and low ones from down... all that stuff.

anyways, yoshimitsu's the only one suited for a mod... for the exeption of maybe kunimitsu and jacks. the others are just basically normal ppl with a fighting style that you could replicate in classic.

and then errrm.... a nooby question (or 2, actually):
how do you give reputation to somebody?
and can you trace who gave reputation to you?

.... omg...it's not that small "rep" button there, is it?

EDIT: omfg.. well it was, as u probs knew lols... but the other question remains

added new replays, just for fun, and to show off the features and possibilities (yes, show off, not demonstrate... i'm the one who made the mod after all :P)

copter2: the legendary yoshimitsu copter move. a bit more radical in ToriBash, cuz the sword's - well instagib, or "gib" at all, since in tekken the sword's more of a just mysterically goes through ppl without substantial damage.
rotary decap: i just love that wrist
phab: self-explanatory (translation: fab, fabulous, cool)

EDIT: removed "toss+headkick", because it was made with an old version of the mod, so anyone who has the new version, which i hope they do, see inexplanable mumbo-jumbo. the remaining ones are a bit choppy (they "skip frames"), possibly for the same reason, but they make sence
Attached Files
copter2.rpl (68.3 KB, 15 views)
rotary decap.rpl (62.7 KB, 11 views)
phab.rpl (75.7 KB, 13 views)
Last edited by Archlurps; Oct 21, 2007 at 01:18 PM. Reason: removed "toss+headkick"
I refuse to grab.
-
ok, thanks Mr.Poptart. Thought so, but now i can be sure

what'd you say i should do when i get my kunimitsu mod (quit it before you even start, scepticists, it's not gonna be only yoshimitsumod in girlfight.tbm, though that will be the core of it) finished... should i post it on this thread or start a new one for it... and what about further tekken mods (i have a few other ideas)?

and BTW ppl, you're very welcome to post your own replays too.
Last edited by Archlurps; Oct 14, 2007 at 06:32 PM. Reason: typo
I refuse to grab.
-
well if your second mod is just a different version of this one, you should just post it in this thread, if its completely different, then its your choice...