ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Nerds make better adults.
Apparently it's true.

I can see why. I'll share my opinion after it's discussed a little.

Yahoo published an article explaining how nerds, compared to jocks and popular kids, will make better adults and be more successful later in life.

In good news for nerds everywhere, what makes people unpopular in the hallways of high school, mainly an unwillingness to conform, tends to translate into success as an adult.

Full article here:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theloo...n-the-in-crowd

Discuss

Want to try something completely new to the Toribash Forums? Try the 10 Push-up Challenge!

In many cases, yeah. What makes you different works in the real word, where different is often better.
In this day and age, yes, 'nerds' have an advantage. The common understanding is that of advanced computer knowledge and the workings of knick knack gadgetry. That, coupled with endless hours of tinkering or gaming, a certain work ethic is maintained, and carried on into the world where a large part of the market now includes, if not relies on, computers or some kind of technology.
-- Jet -- Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. --
[Secret]AikidoKP

Cogito ergo sum. I think therefor I exist.

I know it's true because it says so right here in this signature.
interesting read, but nothing i didnt no of people who are bullied have a much better view of the world, better judges of character etc.. also i found in my school when i finished ppl dont really care wat kind of label u are and everyone was mates, the ass holes or bullies had little friends when they left accept other bullies.
-----
normally nerds are the smarter also so of course they are going to be more successful
Last edited by AusKingd0m; May 12, 2011 at 02:32 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Playing Toribash Again! Old friends feel free to pm me, or new friends ;).
[OLDA][EXTREME]
It depends on your view/average view of a nerd.
'Nerds' tend to have order.
Order is what makes men successful.
There's no science behind this, just logic.
BAD LUCK
Generalizations like that are just fail.

Robbins followed seven self-described outsiders at public and private high schools for a year and concluded that what makes kids popular

Drawing on hundreds of interviews

lol'd.
So few test subjects prove nothing, heck, they didn't even define the word “geek” properly.

In other words: This is incredibly stupid.
How are you?
yeah, cause nerds usually in the house enabling them to be with their families more often than some other people like jocks..
> outspoken outcasts
> geeks

and then there's tests making people antisocial, Spielberg considered an outcast for being a jew, cat shrines, what the fuck am I looking at
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
yahoo news? PASS...

also, would have used a wider domain and larger sample size
Sounds like some nerd's sad attempt at trying to validate themselves.

People need to get over highschool.