ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Dr.Death
Recently, Jacob "Jack" Kevorkian A.k.a Dr.death has died.
Jack Kevorkian was an American pathologist, assisted suicide activist, painter, composer and instrumentalist. He is best known for publicly championing a terminal patient's right to die via physician-assisted suicide; he said he assisted at least 130 patients to that end. He famously said "dying is not a crime".

So basically jack here helped ill people, that were dying very slowly and painfully, kill themselves. Do you think this is right? Is he considered good, or evil in your eyes?

Read more; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Kevorkian

Discuss.
Putting someone out of their misery seems to make sense to me.

1) You're ending unnecessary suffering.

2) You're saving money that you would have spent keeping them alive.

3) You may be causing initial harm to the family by taking away a loved one, but you give them more time to be happy in the long run after they've moved on.

So yes, I suppose I do think it was "right", at least by those standards.
-- Jet -- Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. --
[Secret]AikidoKP

Cogito ergo sum. I think therefor I exist.

I know it's true because it says so right here in this signature.
Each situation is different and needs to be judged as such.

For example if someone stubs their toe, I wouldn't consider euthanasia as a viable solution to the pain.
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
Each situation is different and needs to be judged as such.

For example if someone stubs their toe, I wouldn't consider euthanasia as a viable solution to the pain.

He kinda outlined the circumstances, bru.
Circumstances;
ill people, that were dying very slowly and painfully

Anyway, yeah, Dr. Death seems like a nice guy. People should be free to do what they wanna do with their own bodies.

i srsly thought this would be a nationalism-goebbles discussion
666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666
He wasn't doing anything wrong. He gave them the option to end their suffering painlessly.
Though tempting and advising someone to suicide seems kind of...
I don't know - weird?

boricua

Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
hyperbole

onomatopoeia

This is specifically about terminally ill patients opting to die, as specified in the quote and original post.
Buy TC for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=240345
Buy VIP and Toriprime for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=237249

Hey look more than two lines.
Seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to do from almost every standpoint, moral and financial. As long as it's been reasonably determained that they really are on the brink of death, then it sees like the right option.

The main thing people can object to is the power you give to one man to kill another man. Really killing somebody, for whatever reason, is pretty taboo.
It's like when you have a pet you love, people expect you to get them put to sleep because you love them and don't want them to suffer. Yet when it comes to humans, we don't do that, it's even considered morally wrong by most for some reason.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop