Toribash
Original Post
Gendered clothing
Do you think stuff like chokers, feminine jewelery, makeup and nail varnish can look good on guys? I'd ask the reverse but nobody really has issues with chicks in suits anymore.
Don't talk to your stepmom like that ever again!
Why are we bringing this sjw/tumblr/transgender/"genderfluid" crap onto toribash though?

Also note the toribash playerbase doesn't really open up to anything without crapping on it first,
for example saying yes doesn't necessarily mean yes if you catch my drift, or a better example I'm sure you've seen, a lot of the people on here are very immature.

So to answer your question, you can only go so far with cross gender-ing, nail polish isn't a chick thing, chokers is a chick thing unless you are into submissive things i guess,
make-up isn't a chick thing,
any sort of paint on the face can be considered make-up like football players with black paint under their eyes to keep the sun's reflection off their eyes.

You don't want to accidentally get a peek under a skirt wearing man.
Last edited by Lucy; Aug 20, 2017 at 06:22 AM. Reason: <3
|Evil|
I don't exist
It's a fashion thing, not a SJW thing. Im talking interesting/colourful jackets and flowing flowery shirts here not dresses and skirts. I'm chatting cis, possibly straight men deciding to dress differently to other cis guys because of aesthetic preferences or wanting to stand out to get laid.

Itchy trigger finger much? (Sorry that was a really bad pun).
I like the idea of men wearing "female" clothing in theory, but I've found I tend to simply not like the results most of the time. I've considered getting my hair dyed for example, because I think women with dyed hair look very good, but from my research on examples of men with colored hair, I just don't really like how it looks unless it's just getting dyed to a natural color that isn't your own.

Nail polish and makeup work just fine on men, especially makeup I think that it won't be long before men start to use it more (like we hate our pimples and stuff too why don't we just put concealer over it?)

I've never seen guys wearing chokers but I can imagine it could look good.

Basically in my opinion just pretend male/female clothes don't exist: just clothes that look good/don't look good on you in specific. In the end its up to you what you like to wear and your opinion is really all that matters
[12:00] <fudgiebalz> toribash SUCKS
Check my ~~~Dank Replays~~~
So by what you said, the flowery shirts and all, is that really a female thing?
I see that type of stuff everywhere where I'm at, so to me that's not dressing differently, my bad.

lmao bad pun is bad,
|Evil|
I don't exist
Some men pull off looking effeminately flamboyant, but on others it can look silly/gross.

My roommate bought some dresses to wear to show everybody that he doesn't care about stereotypes and such - He's not gay, he's just punk. That said, I don't think that the beard/chest hair + dress is a visually appealing combo.

So yeah, it can be all 'a e s t h e t i c', but it can easily look foul too. Women clothing was designed to highlight/complement the form of women after all, not men.
Last edited by Ele; Aug 21, 2017 at 04:44 AM.
It really depends on the person, it can look great on certain guys, others it looks forced, like they aren't being themselves and want to stand out, but hey they might just dress like that because that is them, but atleast try and find a look that looks good on you.

For chicks to where Mens clothing it tends to look fine, chicks were doing it in the late 80s and most of the 90s it looked great.

When it's vice versa though. Womens clothes are supposed accentuate the curves. In most womens clothing you'll find this, it's soooo much more curvy, especially the womens polos, if you don't want men looking at your boobs, don't wear a polo. Mens it's most of the time straight cut except for dress shirts and other high end clothing that tend to look kinda ugly. I like dress shirts though.
Last edited by T0ribush; Aug 21, 2017 at 08:52 AM.
Blair, sorry, I'm not being very clear. I didn't want to use myself as an example because then it's just an ego thread and I just thought it would be interesting to see people's views on this as opposed to parading my own.

You won't find anything that reveals the belly in the men's section, one of my favourite outfits includes an above the belly amercan football style top with 'babe' written on it in curly purple writing. I haven't worn a jacket that isn't bright purple on a night out in about a year. All my jewelery is very pretty, along with my faux diamond encrusted choker. I only buy things in pink, purple and light blue that makes me look cute and female clothing is better for that.

Again, sorry for making a thread that is indirectly about myself, Ide rather keep my own opinion out of it TBH
Last edited by InternetDad; Aug 21, 2017 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Got a bit angry, sorry
Oh I see, doesn't seem very egotistical to be honest, more like you want to see what people think of your style?
|Evil|
I don't exist
Yeah exactly, and see if anyone else here dresses the same way.