Toribash
Originally Posted by cadesto View Post
Was watching some of the old Naruto fights, you can hate Naruto all you want, but the fights are animated really well.

The fights got worse and worse the more powerful everyone got, particularly when they started bringing in people with extreme gimmicks or high level jutsu.

Oh no, I'm immortal and make a voodoo pact with you and start stabbing myself to hurt you as well, and nobody thinks to JUST FUCKING KEEP ATTACKING HIM SO HE CAN'T MAKE HIS STUPID BLOOD SIGN ON THE GROUND TO ACTUALLY PERFORM THE ATTACK. Like seriously, how fucking retarded do you have to be once you actually learn the gimmick to let him keep doing the gimmick after he gives you a love scratch on the cheek? Heck, how stupid do you have to be to let somebody keep performing an obvious ritual of drawing a sign on the ground even if you don't know what the hell the gimmick is? He takes a good 15 seconds when he's drawing the fucking sign, just throw some goddamn knives at him to force him to step off.

Seriously, the Akatsuki were the worst. Such an overemphasis on gimmicky jutsu that most of the fights with them were the anime equivalent of bad CGi in live action. And the conclusion of any given fight with them was always abrupt and underplayed the competence they had shown up to that point, and underplayed the incompetence everybody fighting them had displayed up to that point. It frequently made the outcome anticlimactic.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
The fights got worse and worse the more powerful everyone got, particularly when they started bringing in people with extreme gimmicks or high level jutsu.

Oh no, I'm immortal and make a voodoo pact with you and start stabbing myself to hurt you as well, and nobody thinks to JUST FUCKING KEEP ATTACKING HIM SO HE CAN'T MAKE HIS STUPID BLOOD SIGN ON THE GROUND TO ACTUALLY PERFORM THE ATTACK. Like seriously, how fucking retarded do you have to be once you actually learn the gimmick to let him keep doing the gimmick after he gives you a love scratch on the cheek? Heck, how stupid do you have to be to let somebody keep performing an obvious ritual of drawing a sign on the ground even if you don't know what the hell the gimmick is? He takes a good 15 seconds when he's drawing the fucking sign, just throw some goddamn knives at him to force him to step off.

Seriously, the Akatsuki were the worst. Such an overemphasis on gimmicky jutsu that most of the fights with them were the anime equivalent of bad CGi in live action. And the conclusion of any given fight with them was always abrupt and underplayed the competence they had shown up to that point, and underplayed the incompetence everybody fighting them had displayed up to that point. It frequently made the outcome anticlimactic.

well
if they animated all the fights like naruto vs pain or madara vs everyone it wouldn't be that bad tho.
i can't deny that the CGi thing is bad af
Aadame:I'm very signaturable
It's just no one usues my shit .
The inherent problem with a lot of the Akatsuki fights was that a lot of them were defined by their ninjutsu. The clay guy was never going to have an interesting fight because it essentially was watching him run away throwing explosives behind him because he couldn't fight in close range to save his life. Paper girl is purely ninjutsu. Immortal person never bothered learning kenjutsu because he just needed to draw blood and never had to worry about his own well-being.

Even the more physical ones would rely on gimmick ninjutsu. Threads guy could easily fight in close range with his main body, but relied on using his mask bodies as ninjutsu artillery. Shark man who was almost iconic with his sword almost never actually used his sword without excessive water jutsu because "muh chakra capacity". Sharingan essentially ruined any fight because "hurr durr you looked into muh eyes genjutsu lululul" or "lul death god summon git gud".

Basically, the only fights that were remotely interesting were puppet boy and Pain, solely because the pieces were disposable, and thus actually open to trading blows with people.

Madara sucked. I can't take any fight seriously where it starts with "ima just summon two meteors that should technically be extinction events but nah just localized damage".
every shounen fighting/action series eventually only has fights that are composed of just gimmicks of power levels and special abilities.. or rather, every fight/action series. some series start our relying on strategy and skill to win fights/battles, but eventually succumb to lack of originality and become the same..
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
Started Accel World, it's hard to define how I feel about this show.

It's interesting but its hard to watch/boring at the same time?

Apathetic User
Originally Posted by reimu View Post
Started Accel World, it's hard to define how I feel about this show.

It's interesting but its hard to watch/boring at the same time?

Because the MC is terrible. Couldn't do average, had to pick so fat that I could identify just as well with a novelty, over-sized beach ball with googly eyes pasted on it. I'm all for breaking homogeneous shounen characters, but come on.
To be honest though, the MC was the worst part of the anime for me. Otherwise it was good in my opinion.

Finished Accel World, started Trinity Seven.

Apathetic User
Trinity Seven was alright. Ecchi Comedies with some.. emotion?

I'm excited to watch the movie whenever I get to it.

Started watching The Melancholy of Hahuri Suzumiya. It's pretty good but these 3 episodes are kind of a waste of time in the middle.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Originally Posted by WeooWeoo View Post
Started watching The Melancholy of Hahuri Suzumiya. It's pretty good but these 3 episodes are kind of a waste of time in the middle.

The time loop arc?

Ya, that arc is shit.