Ranking
Re: Bug bash
dessicator: i've noticed something like this also and as you say, hard to be specific without dissecting a replay
About the names-thing. Far as I can tell, there are two things going wrong:

[In the .rpl file] At the end of the NEWGAME-line, it says "classic" or the name of the mod being used. This seems to cause the name of the replay not to show, and the player names to be set to uke and tori; replays from earlier versions doesn't have this problem, and replays not using mods work fine if you remove "classic" (while removing the "*.tbm" from mod-using ones messes things up even more ).

The FIGHT-line holds both the name of the replay and the player names, it seems that when loading a replay, the first word (after the semicolon) becomes the replay-name, the 2nd player one's name and the 3rd player two's. So if you have spaces in the name of the replay, or any of the player-names, things go wrong.

Edit: After a bit more messing around, about the mod-stuff: Seems it's because stuff being loaded when loading a mod (or the classic settings) includes replay- and player-names, so those are "reset" after reading the NEWGAME-line, if that line includes the name of a mod or "classic". It seems you can fix a replay like that by moving the NEWGAME-line up to above the FIGHT-line, so that the correct names are set after loading the mod-settings

Eg. this will cause names to go wrong:

FIGHT 0; something Gnarf uke
AUTHOR 0; Gnarf
NEWGAME 0;500 10 0 0 0 3 200 1 0 swords.tbm

While this works:

NEWGAME 0;500 10 0 0 0 3 200 1 0 swords.tbm
FIGHT 0; something Gnarf uke
AUTHOR 0; Gnarf
Not sure if this counts as a bug or not, but it's REALLY WEIRD. Your leg should *not* be able to go through your body like this.

The second one is an instance where it goes horribly, horribly wrong.
Attached Files
MESSED UP.rpl (46.5 KB, 43 views)
wtf.rpl (23.4 KB, 48 views)
I've noticed the following:

Music is on. Then you go to the setup and change something else, press enter and music goes off. Go to setup again and change something else, press enter and music returns.

Youre able to do stuff like that (submited below). Your bodyparts trough each other?!
Attached Files
Stuff Like That.rpl (20.8 KB, 44 views)
Your truly, P. Etheryte
Hyperspace-Warpin'

Right at the very end of the replay, one of the red guys parts flies off and just after it touches the ground, it starts going in circles until it just vanishes. Weird...
Attached Files
close call.rpl (52.3 KB, 18 views)
Originally Posted by turvas

Music is on. Then you go to the setup and change something else, press enter and music goes off. Go to setup again and change something else, press enter and music returns.

Youre able to do stuff like that (submited below). Your bodyparts trough each other?!

hampa's said it before
he turned off some self collisions to aid in the fps count
Originally Posted by rubby
Originally Posted by turvas

hampa's said it before
he turned off some self collisions to aid in the fps count

Oh...

Sorry, didnt see that.
Your truly, P. Etheryte
Just a little thing that bothers me. When using the mouse to control the camera(right-click<move mouse), the mouse jumps like crazy all around the screen whyle it is invisible, making it hard to judge how to move your mouse when you have to make an important move and time is running low. So maybe somehow you can have the mouse lock where it is whyle rirght click is held down, so it appears right where it dissapeared from?
I got another one! leave the camera where it is, but to the left, behind the blue guy, you se his severd wrist and hand spaz out reaching Critical mass? then it goes *Poof* and is unable to be seen even if the camera is rotated in that direction... just thought i'd let you guts know...
Attached Files
Critical Mass.rpl (23.5 KB, 18 views)